PDA

View Full Version : Scarey

NoahsMommy
05-24-2002, 02:51 PM
We live in an apartment complex in California. Well...this morning, we found a note on our door (along with everyone else) talking about the lastest terrorist threat...apartment complexes are going to be targeted. I thought nothing of it until I saw this story:
Explosion (http://www.nbc4.tv/news/1479669/detail.html) , um....I live 20 mintues away from Encino!!

I don't care much about myself or my hubby...if it's our time, it's our time...heaven awaits....but about my furbabies....:(

tatsxxx11
05-24-2002, 04:09 PM
I've been watching this on the news all afternoon! Of course I thought of all of our Calif. talkers! So far they say they don't know the reason. So glad to hear that you are safe! We on the "other coast" are thinking of you guys. Please be safe!!!

wolflady
05-24-2002, 04:17 PM
OMG How creepy!! :( I just wish all the crap with terrorists would come to an end. :eek:
Things like this really make you think, though. I do have names of people in my purse wallet to contact in case I can't make it to my animals for some reason. Both my mom and AmberLee are my animal contacts should anything happen to me or my hubby :(

{{noahsmommy}}
How have you been?:)

NoahsMommy
05-24-2002, 04:25 PM
Hi!!! :) Doing good! Really busy with work and school, I miss coming in and chatting with you!! I'll email you this weekend...how did you like your first CA earthquake??? I wanted to email you. Are you, hubby and kitties OK? How's work??

Anyway, a few people around here are saying the explosion was a natural gas explosion...hope so...I hope the people are safe and sound. Especially those kitties and other fur creatures.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-24-2002, 04:45 PM
Gosh, I'm glad you are ok. I've been watching the news too. It's getting so the first thing anyone thinks of when something happens is a terrorist attack, which is exactly what the terrorists are hoping for.

Stay safe everyone!

NoahsMommy
05-24-2002, 06:33 PM
We don't worry much, like you said, if you trust God, things fall into place and there isn't much need for fear. I agree.

I just feel sad for the people who have lost their homes. :( Can you imagine?

Another thing that kind of wierded me out (which is strange, bacause I take almost EVERYTHING with a grain of salt) was that last night Noel was acting really, really skitish. She is kind of like that anyway, but she wouldn't leave our room or the hall way. When my hubby took her to the sliding glass door where her and Noah watch the birds all day, she freaked out, she scrambled away from him and ran back into the bedroom. Every sound (even a sniffle or a sneeze from me) sent her behind our dresser in hiding. Last night we thought maybe another cat was on the balcony and scared her...but then getting that note....imaginations begin to wander...;)

Thanks for all your concern, you are all so sweet! :)

AdoreMyDogs
05-24-2002, 10:32 PM
I got the same type of note on my door earlier this week. I didn't think much of it, nor did I worry about it. I honestly don't believe that anything bad is going to happen to those of us in apartments. I didn't hear anything on the news, but in the letter we got, it mentioned a news report that said there was word of terrorists targeting apartment buildings.

I'm not afraid anymore. When the aweful stuff happened on 9-11 I was so afraid of everything for awhile afterwords. I was making myself sick and Graham was actually picking up on my fears and he began to get diahrea out of the stress that he picked up from me. I decided to change my outlook and lose the fear. I just threw the letter away and forgot about it.