PDA

View Full Version : My Trip To Anna, Illinois...pictures Included.

Reachoutrescue
08-13-2006, 11:27 PM
WELL, TODAY WE TOOK OUR JOURNEY TO ANNA, ILLINOIS. WE HAD PLANNED TO MEET A LADY NAMED APRIL. SHE WAS SURRENDERING TWO KITTENS TO US. WELL, WE CALLED HER AND ASKED HER TO MEET US, THE TRIP TO ANNA WAS A 5 1/2 HOUR DRIVE. SHE AGREED TO MEET US IN INA, ILLINOIS, WHICH WAS AN HOUR AND A HALF FROM HER AND 4 HOURS FROM US....BETTER THEN 5 1/2, I GUESS.

WE GET THERE AND SHE IS WAITING IN HER VAN WITH THE TWO BABIES. ON IS BROWN, WHITE, AND BLACK TIGER STRIPPED, THE OTHER IS ALL BLACK. THE LITTLE BLACK ONE IS THE ONE WITH THE PARTIAL LEG AMPUTATION. THEY ARE VERY CUTE.

APRIL TOLD ME THEY WERE THE BABIES OF A STRAY. SHE SAID SHE TRIED TO CATCH THE MOM, BUT HAD NO LUCK. I ASKED HER IF THEY HAD FLEAS, AND SHE SAID YES. SO, WE THEM HOME....ANOTHER FOUR HOURS IN THE CAR...WHICH IS NOT A BIG DEAL TO ME. I PUT THE CARRIER THEY ARE IN INTO OUR BATHROOM AND PREPARE TO GIVE THEM A FLEA BATH. WHAT I FOUND WAS APPAULING!

THE LITTLE BLACK ONE, WHOM WE HAVE NAMED TULSA, WAS JUST COVERED IN FLEAS...I MEAN AT LEAST 75 WERE ON HER...SHE LOOKED AS IF SHE HER FUR WAS MOVING. SO I SCRUBBED HER, AND BLOOD JUST OOZED OFF OF HER FROM THE FLEAS. I WASHED HER TWICE TO BE SURE THEY WERE ALL DEAD. I PICKED OFF THE DEAD ONES (WITH A TWEEZER)THAT WERE NOT RINSED AWAY IN THE BATH. NEXT, I CHECKED HER EARS...MORE DEAD FLEAS AND LOADED WITH EAR MITES. SO I USED AN EPI-OPTIC EAR WASH, CLEANED THEM OUT REAL GOOD, THEN PUT MITICIDE IN EACH EAR. I ALSO CLIPPED HER NAILS. HER GUMS ARE SO PALE. I AM TAKING THEM TO THE VET ON TUESDAY, I HOPE SHE MAKES IT TILL THEN. APRIL SAYS THAT TULSA IS A BOY...BUT I CHECKED, AND SHE LOOKS LIKE A GIRL TO ME. AS FOR HER SIBLING...WHOM I BELIEVE IS A BOY, WE NAMED HIM SIMON. I GAVE HIM A FLEA BATH, AND HE WAS NOWHERE NEAR AS BAD AS TULSA. NEVER THE LESS, I WASHED HIM TWICE AS WELL. HE ALSO HAD A BAD CASE OF EAR MITES, SO I CLEANED HIS EARS AND MEDICATED THEM, CLIPPED HIS NAILS, AND DRIED HIM JUST LIKE I DID WITH TULSA. I PUT THEM IN A MEDIUM DOG CAGE TILL THEY ARE FIV/FELV TESTED JUST IN CASE. DON'T WANT THE OTHERS TO GET ANYTHING. I FED THEM, AND THEY ATE LIKE THEY NEVER ATE BEFORE. THEY ARE SO SKINNY, I CAN FEEL EVERY RIB, THEIR SPINE, AND THEIR HIP BONES. IT IS SO SAD.

APRIL SAID IF SHE CATCHES THE MOM, SHE WILL CALL ME AND MEET ME HALF WAY OR SOMETHING. THE KITTENS ARE SO FRIENDLY, IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THEY WERE STRAYS. APRIL ALSO SAYS THEY ARE 10 WKS. SHE SAYS THEY WERE BORN ON JUNE 3RD. HMMM, SHE MUST OF BEEN VERY OBSERVENT OF THE STRAY MOM. I THINK THE BABIES ARE ALOT YOUNGER, THEY ARE VERY TINY. WELL HERE ARE PICTURES OF OUR TWO NEW RESCUES, SIMON AND TULSA. MORE TO COME AS THEY PROGRESS.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/LITTLEREDLADY500/Aug13_001.jpg THIS IS SIMON.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/LITTLEREDLADY500/Aug13_003.jpg THIS IS TULSA.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/LITTLEREDLADY500/Aug13_004.jpg TULSA'S REAR LEGS...JUST SO THE INTERESTED ADOPTER CAN SEE HER BACK LEG....I THINK SHE IS BEAUTIFUL JUST THE WAY SHE IS!! :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-14-2006, 01:47 AM
These kittens sure look a lot younger than 10 weeks old. I'm glad that they're now in your care and I'm sure that they'll become healthy again. The little girl is probably anemic from all of the fleas that were sucking her blood. They sure are cute and I hope that they both find wonderful loving forever homes.:)

Do you think that the lady is telling you the truth? They may have been her kittens.

Sevaede
08-14-2006, 03:10 AM
These kittens sure look a lot younger than 10 weeks old. I'm glad that they're now in your care and I'm sure that they'll become healthy again. The little girl is probably anemic from all of the fleas that were sucking her blood. They sure are cute and I hope that they both find wonderful loving forever homes.:)

Do you think that the lady is telling you the truth? They may have been her kittens.

That's all what I was thinking! :D

I am no expert but maybe they are between 5-8 weeks?

They sure are cuties! I bet they get adopted in a heartbeat! ;)

catmandu
08-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Now those Kittens will have a GREAT New FURR EVER HOME, where they can grow to be Big Healthy Cats.
God Bless you for caring.

Reachoutrescue
08-14-2006, 11:04 AM

I AM NOT SURE IF THEY ARE BEING HONEST WITH ME OR NOT. I HAVE HEARD THAT STORY MANY TIMES BEFORE...AND FOUND OUT THAT IT USUALLY IS NOT THE CASE. I JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND PEOPLE. TO THINK THAT THERE ARE MORE OUT THERE...ALONE, HUNGRY, FLEA INFESTED. IT SICKENS ME.

jazzcat
08-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Poor little guys. I hope they thrive now that they are in your care.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. They sure do tug at the heartstrings!