PDA

View Full Version : Inhale the scent of that fluffy fur??

sirrahbed
08-13-2006, 02:38 PM
I came home just awhile ago and found five of the six kitties on the sunporch - bathing in the warm air.

After looking at pictures of Luna, and reading about her sweet cinnamon-like scent, I went back out to "sniff" everyone :) This is what I found:

Dylan - he smells the sweetest!! His scent is sort of like baby powder and the sun makes this even sweeter.

Emily - she apparently thought I was nuts and ran away from me when I tried to sniff her fur.

Lizzie - she smells very sweet and clean - not sure what it reminds me of - maybe clean sheets??

Robbie - he swatted me :p

Eliot - he has a rather spicy and nice scent - perhaps a bit like cinnamon...hmmmm can't describe it.

Couldn't find Boomer but I know he smells very frash.

So, how do your kitties compare in the inhale test?

RedHedd
08-13-2006, 03:44 PM
My favorite! Nothing smells sweeter than freshly licked, sun warmed kitty fur.

Mishi doesn't really have a scent, but his fur is SO soft. He does smell a little bit like meowmie's perfume - probably because I can't resist petting him ever.

Mitzi also smells a bit like my perfume. Sweet and soft and oh so fluffy.

lady_zana
08-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Oh, I love to sniff my girls. My Grey Girl has always had a special smell that's just her. I don't know why she does and the others don't but it's just a special Grey Girl smell and I love it :)

catmandu
08-13-2006, 05:39 PM
I too love the smell of the Porch Cats.
For some reason JJJ3 smells like Whiskas Temptations.
And Miquelito, and Scrappy 2 like Steak.
And Micheal and The Princess like Chicken.
Coincedence?

G535
08-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Finnigan always smells like clean cat, can't think of any fancy name for it. :)

Catty1
08-13-2006, 09:14 PM
When I was a child, and we had outdoor cats, whenever they came in from cold weather we'd hug them and tell them they smelled like fresh laundry!

My mom started that one! :D

Sonia59
08-14-2006, 06:12 AM
I can't tell what my kitties smell, but they smell clean for sure!

Sometimes, sorry, often, they smell my perfume or cream and then I hear from my partner "Oh you've kissed your cat again!", which of course means that he has kissed or smelled them too.... :D

catnapper
08-14-2006, 06:33 AM
I wouldn't know if mine smell or not -- my sinuses are so bad from allergies that everything smells the same unless its a really strong smell :eek:

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-14-2006, 08:19 AM
Oh my, I just LOVE to sniff my babies' fur!!!

Snoopy has that soft kitty smell
Zazou has the softest fur and smells so "cat" (lol)
Inka always has a "grass" smell over her,because she plays on the lawn so often!
And Maya? She smells like..... MAYA :)

moosmom
08-14-2006, 08:43 AM
Deb,

STEP AWAY FROM THE SLEEPING KITTY'S BELLY!!!!!! Remember what happened to me a couple of weeks ago????

I love the scent of my cats. Each one has their own unique smell. Of course MooShoo is known as "stink boy" because of his litterbox habits. But the girls seem to have their own scent. I just make sure they're wide awake when I bury my face in their fur. :p

sirrahbed
08-14-2006, 08:59 AM
STEP AWAY FROM THE SLEEPING KITTY'S BELLY!!!!!! Remember what happened to me a couple of weeks ago????

Oh Donna - I missed that and so did a search to read...oh my!! What a visual of leaning over to schmoozle that exposed belly! :eek: I try to make sure they open an eye and see me before I dive in - but sometimes it is irresistable!! Hope your shredded face is all better now.

moosmom
08-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Deb,

Oh yeah, it's fine. I still have a bump where her claw went so
VERRRRY close to my eye, though!!