PDA

View Full Version : Is that what you're going to wear?

catnapper
08-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Oh boy, the words were spoken and hubby couldn't back track!

I havea big family baby shower this afternoon. My aunt invited 100 people! Its in a firehall and my mom's family is not exactly a fancy group of people so I didn't necessarily fret over my clothes - I know everyone will be wearing shrts since thats how they came to Ashley's shower.

I planned on wearing long white shorts with a sleeveless button down blue blouse with eyelet style embroidery. In case its cold I have a white sweater. I finished it off by actually painting my toenails last night and planning on wearing my dressier blue sandals. Nice? I thought so!

So why did hubby ask me "Is that what you're going to wear?"

So now paranoia sunk in and he SWEARS he asked because I was wearing blue workout shorts... um, yeah right :rolleyes: From the angle he saw me, the shorts were not very visible (I was sitting on the bed applying makeup)

I hadn't gotten around to changing my shorts yet. I have a nasty habit of dropping my makeup brushes in my lap... and I didn't want to dirty white shorts before I even left the house :p

Sigh, I leave for this shower in 5 minutes.... will I change 5 more times between now and then?

mustlovedogs
08-13-2006, 11:45 AM
I thought it sounded very nice! If that's what you would like to wear, then wear it. Have a good time! Don't worry about what hubby said, that's just what men do, lol...anyway, like I said, have a great time! Keep us posted! :)

CathyBogart
08-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Don't change, it sounds like a nice outfit. Post a picture here instead!

My BF says things like that occasionally. He swears that it's because he doesn't want other men to see me looking so pretty. Maybe that's what your hubby meant too. :) :) :) :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-14-2006, 07:53 AM
LOL!! MEN :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
My hubby usually even doesn't notice what I am wearing!! Last week I was wearing a 2 year old t-shirt. "Nice new thing you're wearing", he said :rolleyes: :p

christa
08-14-2006, 08:02 AM
LOL . . . don't pay attention . . . men are men are men. I've heard that from my hubby when I'm dressed to the 9's. Sometimes I think he just does it to get a rise out of me!!! :eek:

sirrahbed
08-14-2006, 08:07 AM
"Nice new thing you're wearing", he said :rolleyes: :p

THAT comment is so funny!!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/smilies/1.gif new THING??? heehee

Kim your outfit sounded very cute to me. What did you end up wearing??

catnapper
08-14-2006, 08:39 AM
I ended up wearing that outfit. Nothing else was ironed and I don't have nice summer clothes anyway. Now, if it was winter, I'm golden and have a dozen sweaters to choose from. But not summer. Sigh

I dont know why I fuss about my clothes. Yesterday's shower was an interesting array of 80's fashions. My brother, his wife, my mom, and I were the ONLY people in there that were not wearing cut off jeans or biker shorts. I SWEAR... BIKER SHORTS. You know, those lycra skin tight things from the 80's? Well I think it was a convention for the mullet and biker short fans of America. Not only that, but I saw one too many sports bra under sleeveless tees with big arm holes for my taste. It was a baby shower for Pete's sake! Dress up for just a few hours! Oh, and the mom-to-be? She's 16 and showed up in a tube top that was NOT a maternity top and "Daisy Duke" shorts... she's 8 month pregnant. I swear, I was looking for the Big Guy going by the name Tiny and wearing greasy overalls without a shirt (I'm sure if I waited long enough one would have appreared)

Why do I worry about looking appropriate? When I worried about last week's appointment with the college president? Well, she had her toe painted flourescent orange and had on platform heels that, no kidding had rainbow colored soles.

cyber-sibes
08-14-2006, 04:40 PM
LOL! That's too funny, and I can't get over what people wear either. I work in a nicer women's clothing shop in the mall, and we have nice clothes, but we're across from Aeropostle and American Eagle. Some of the clothes I see on the young girls shopping & working there is truly appalling! And I don't know what it is with maternity fashions, but I think lycra on an eight-months pregnant woman is definitely NOT attractive.
Your outfit sounded lovely!