PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal? (crossposted by request)

Sevaede
08-13-2006, 01:13 AM
Just to start off with: This is not directed at anybody in particular. This is just something(s) that I have noticed over my time here which has, consequently, made it a less enjoyable (hurt feelings or annoyed, etc) stay.

Why is it that when someone, who is not as well known or has the highest post, takes the time and effort to do write/type out a (heartfelt or slightly less than) topic, or reply, or anything, that some folks just blow it off? Sure, most will READ it but they won't reply to it. Even when someone makes a post or a reply about/to another member, it will go unnoticed or looked at but unreplied to. I can understand in the case where everything helpful has already been offered BUT I have noticed that this is not the case most of the time. I look and see a needy, or helpful, or otherwise, post go away with a hundred or more views yet no replies. Also, of course, this doesn't really apply to folks who have limited time (ten minutes during a lunch break, an hour at the library)

I feel that, sometimes, others are made out to be better or more worthy of replies or noticed at all because they've been here a certain amount of time or have a certain amount of posts. Or that somehow, miraculously, their opinion is supposed to be worth more than anothers.

I feel that there are several people (myself included) who contribute helpful information, advice, and whatnot, yet we can hardly get a response.

I feel like I'm in a car wreck and most people want to slow down to watch but very few get out to help.

I appreciate EVERY single response that I get. While some are a little harsh, excluding the seriously despicable ones, I still appreciate them. I appreciate and admire the folks behind them as well. Thank you to all the people on PT who have ever taken the time out to say hi, offer advice, or just be a friend. You guys are great.

Sevaede
08-13-2006, 01:28 AM
Yeah, sometimes I do feel like I'm in high school again. And sometimes I do feel like when I reply to another post to give advice that it gets ignored. :(

catnapper
08-13-2006, 08:11 AM
I have been in a whirlwind all summer. I do read as many threads as possible and reply as much as I can. I often will be on and WANT to reply but don't because (and don't laugh) I don't want to hurt anyone else's feelings. I don't want them to say "wow, Kim is online and posting, so I know I can count on her to reply to my thread" and then when I don't reply, I don't want to hurt their feelings so I tell myself I'll go back and reply. I'll either forget to go back or think I DID reply and then end up never replying. This is the very reason I am now invisible. I'm lurking a lot more than I post anymore.

I also think it is humnan nature to respond to people who you feel are more your "friends" here. People who either are your age, or you feel a connection to through similar life experiences or they're in the same place in life that you're at.... anyway, I feel its more human nature to reply to one person over another first. I admit that I scan down to find my "friends" posts and answer them first. Then if I have more time and in the posting mood I'll go and reply to everyone else. Its simply human nature to seek out friends first then everyone else.

But all that said, I do feel lately my posts have gone ignored. Maybe everyone is tired of seeing the same three brown tabbies? ;) and I suppose weekly updates of the baby isn't as exciting for everyone else as it is for me. Oh well, I still do enjoy posting, so I hope even though not everyone is replying ot my brown tabby and baby threads that I at least made someone smile for half a second while they looked at my photos.

Karen
08-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Not everyone has the time to respond to each and every post. As I have mentioned many times in the past, the Views should mean more to folks than the posts. Just because someone has taken the time to read your post doesn't mean they can think of something to say in response. I have been a part of boards where people will respond just for the sake of responding, with nothing to say, and it gets pretty boring, pretty fast. I also appreciate that people often have time constraints on their computer usage, and many people can only see Pet Talk while they are at work, so we don't need to get folks in trouble for posting.

Remember, no one can make you feel bad without your consent. Choose to see the views as people who were interested in your post, and in what you had to say, because that's likely the truth.

KitCat
08-13-2006, 10:43 AM
I have to agree with Karen. I only post if I think I have something relevant to say or is not a repeat of something someone else said. I really don't play favorites.

catmandu
08-13-2006, 12:48 PM
I try to respond to the threads on Cat General, but I really should explore the Other Threads as well.
I will try to look at threads in the other boards as well.

momcat
08-13-2006, 03:16 PM
I think it's important to remember (Karen, please correct me if I'm wrong) there are folks who visit PT that have never registered and therefore can't post a reply, comment, or question. That could be either because they don't know they can sign up or for their own personal reasons choose not to.Since signing on, I've learned a lot about cats and that's a good thing for my Groucho. Even so, there's still so much I don't know that in some instances a response is simply inappropriate. We also have the issue of not only time but priorities. There's only one computer in our house. My son works full time and is putting himself through college at night. It's understood that when it comes time for his classwork he gets the computer, that's MY first priority. To me, his education comes over and above anything and everything else. My job is a pressure cooker on a slow day (and we don't get many of those) so I come to PT to relax and wind down. We come here because of a common interest, our love for our cats and our love for all animals. Let's try to understand that the demands of day-to-day life don't always allow us the free time we want to do things we'd rather do like respond to each and every PT post.

K & L
08-13-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm a guilty one. I don't get to frequent as much as I use to since I'm not able to get on at work anymore. When I'm finally able to sit down at home and log on it's usually about bedtime and I read several, but only reply to those I feel I have something of value to contribute. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy the ones I read, and some bring a chuckle, and some bring sadness. When I do have time to post a thread, I can't blame those that do not want to reply since I don't get to reply much to theirs. I do know what you're saying since there have been times I had felt this way. I just finally realized I post when I can and add my 2 cents where I feel necessary. I can understand why those that are here on a regular basis would get more replies to their posts.

Craftlady
08-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Very well said Karen :)

I read allot (look at my post count its taken me 3 years to get that much LOL) but dont always have something to say to every post that is made out there.
Some posts (for example, in general off topic area, not pet related) are sometimes way to personal for me to reply, if I dont know the person well I dont reply. Doesnt mean I dont care about what is happening just dont feel comfortable posting a reply or I'm not familiar with the subject matter to add something that might help.

My main area is cat section, if there is something I can contribute (through experience) either in general or health question, I will post a reply. Been through allot with my gang of 4 and have learned allot from others here. I've been able to share my experiences (I'm the pumpkin and yogart expert at my house, thanks to Skinny :) ).

I've just started posting some in the "general" off pet topic area.
Since there is a wide range of ages here on PetTalk. This might show more this general off topic area, thats not pet related. I'm not going to reply to a topic that is geared to 20-30 year old set cause I'm 52 years old :) You all dont want to know I listen to Barry Manilow, when there is a topic about music. LOL

Guess my ultimate point in all this rambling is that Pet Talk has been a great source of information when I've been in a pitch with my 4 furry kids and when I lost RB Butterscotch, a great place for support.

Corinna
08-13-2006, 07:22 PM
I know that with so many new forlks on the same questions are being asked over and over so we get tired of answering . Please check the history to see if it has been asked . Also do some of the research on your own you are using the internet right? We also are not vets here (well some are but don't ask for free advice) so always check with YOUR vet.

Sevaede
08-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Not everyone has the time to respond to each and every post. As I have mentioned many times in the past, the Views should mean more to folks than the posts. Just because someone has taken the time to read your post doesn't mean they can think of something to say in response. I have been a part of boards where people will respond just for the sake of responding, with nothing to say, and it gets pretty boring, pretty fast. I also appreciate that people often have time constraints on their computer usage, and many people can only see Pet Talk while they are at work, so we don't need to get folks in trouble for posting.

Remember, no one can make you feel bad without your consent. Choose to see the views as people who were interested in your post, and in what you had to say, because that's likely the truth.

I know that not everyone has the time. Also, I am well aware that some people have to use the work computers. I am understanding of this and had included that in my post. However, there ARE folks who frequent these boards a lot.

KitCat, I am NOT accusing anyone of playing favourites. I, AS WELL, do not play favourites and do not post unless I feel I have something else to contribute.

Sevaede
08-13-2006, 10:26 PM
I know that with so many new forlks on the same questions are being asked over and over so we get tired of answering . Please check the history to see if it has been asked . Also do some of the research on your own you are using the internet right? We also are not vets here (well some are but don't ask for free advice) so always check with YOUR vet.

I find your response somewhat rude.

My vet is always the first person I ask for any of my animal related needs. Then I do research through my books and the internet. THEN I consult folks who have had the experience who might be able to give advice for/to/towards alternative methods or if I am confused. I am not lazy.

This is a message board and that is one of the things that people DO. Post with help or otherwise. That is half of the purpose.

Each situation is different. Any detail could change the outcome of a potential response. Also, are you aware of just how many times I've tried to search for something only to come upon a page that tells me that it can't find any results because there are none there?

Also do some of the research on your own you are using the internet right?

Yeah, don't you think I've done that?

All in all, thanks.

Grace
08-13-2006, 10:34 PM
This is probably going to sound rude - but expressing my opinion. This post sounds so 7th grade. So-and-so has more responses than I do.

Sevaede
08-13-2006, 10:34 PM
All in all, I realize and understand that some folks have constraints, time or otherwise. I am referring to folks who DO have the time, and DO frequently post anyways.

I understand people wanting to reply to friends mostly because that's who/what they identify with. That's a refreshing perspective and somewhat of a reassurance! ;)

I am not out to hurt any feelings. Sometimes we need to be reassured of things and when nobody comes to you when you need it then it's just kind of adds a little to the hurt, you know? I just want to make friends with folks but am pretty inept at doing things like that, obviously, heh. :cool: I am cool, I promise! :D

Sevaede
08-13-2006, 10:39 PM
This is probably going to sound rude - but expressing my opinion. This post sounds so 7th grade. So-and-so has more responses than I do.

Your response isn't much better.

I am not talking about folks that have more posts than I do. That is not what this post is about! Okay? I am TALKING about when I post something and myself being confused because I see people talking but it feels like nobody wants to speak with me.

Thank you to those who ARE and WERE helpful and put a new spin and perspective on things for me. I really appreciated those and they were uplifting! :)

Catsnclay
08-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Gosh, please don't take offense by some of the replies :eek: :eek:

When I first joined, I too felt like you do. Practically no one responded to my threads, but take a simple thread from someone else, and there was the 5 pages! I too was floored, shocked and saddened. But I kept my chin up and kept going.

I do a lot of reading here.....there is NO way I can even read every post let alone answer 50 % of them! I would be here all day long!! :rolleyes: I read what sounds interesting to me, and I respond when needed (look at how many posts I have - not many!! I think I've been on PT for 2+ years, and Im not even close to some people that have thousands of posts. If I make it to 1000 by the end of this year, I will be surprised :eek: )

I usually eat lunch over PT and therefore do not have the time to spend here like I would.

Don't take offense, don't get mad, actually don't worry about it!! Don't let the little things get to you in life, there are a LOT more things to worry about than people responding to your threads!! lol :p <and I'm laughing when I'm saying this - NOT being scarscastic!!! So PLEASE don't take it that way!!)

Just have some fun!

sasvermont
08-14-2006, 02:34 PM
ZZZZZZZZZ :rolleyes:

Randi
08-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Well, we've had this discussion before - a few times I believe. ;)

It does seem that some people here go out of their way to NOT reply to certain other people’s posts, but then, PT has grown quite big over the last few years. I simply find it difficult to keep up, and I admit that I first look for threads or posts started by the ones I know best, AND for the ones writing funny, informative, or simply well written posts - but I always take a look if a subject is interesting to me, and if I have time, I reply.

When I don’t have much time, I tend to reply to posts which are on the first few pages, then later, I may take another look and find the rest. ;) I don’t bother replying to posts when I can see the person hasn’t made an effort to even spell it right, or is using run-on sentences.

However, there are some examples of members who always get lots of replies, and NOT only people who have been here a long time, or has many posts. Some of you knew John (Jonza), he used to get quite a few replies to his posts, even though he had less than 300.

Cinder and Smoke is another good example, but of course, they have some excellent helpers in Boots, Bowser and Phred. ;) I suppose we all enjoy posts with some substance! :D

mruffruff
08-14-2006, 03:04 PM
I personally will only respond to a post that interests me or where I can offer some help. I rarely look at who started the thread or who had the post ahead of mine.

On some threads, there are already a dozen or more replies that say what I would. And I usually skip threads that have 25 pictures of an animal in 25 similar poses. With dial-up, it just takes tooooooooooo long!

And I skip those argumentative threads. They serve no purpose.

slick
08-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Come on people, there are more important things in life than views or posts. Good grief, Charlie Brown.....

double ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, and please ignore my snoring......

aki
08-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Come on people, there are more important things in life than views or posts. Good grief, Charlie Brown.....

I do think it's a little discouraging to new people who are really trying to reach out and be a part of this. I am guilty of the same things, mainly because I can't come here a lot so I post and run sometimes. Then check back later.

Sevaede
08-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Gosh, please don't take offense by some of the replies :eek: :eek:

When I first joined, I too felt like you do. Practically no one responded to my threads, but take a simple thread from someone else, and there was the 5 pages! I too was floored, shocked and saddened. But I kept my chin up and kept going.

I do a lot of reading here.....there is NO way I can even read every post let alone answer 50 % of them! I would be here all day long!! :rolleyes: I read what sounds interesting to me, and I respond when needed (look at how many posts I have - not many!! I think I've been on PT for 2+ years, and Im not even close to some people that have thousands of posts. If I make it to 1000 by the end of this year, I will be surprised :eek: )

I usually eat lunch over PT and therefore do not have the time to spend here like I would.

Don't take offense, don't get mad, actually don't worry about it!! Don't let the little things get to you in life, there are a LOT more things to worry about than people responding to your threads!! lol :p <and I'm laughing when I'm saying this - NOT being scarscastic!!! So PLEASE don't take it that way!!)

Just have some fun!

Well, then maybe some shouldn't purposefully try to offend. ;)

I'm *just* venting. So, what types of venting is allowed?

It's NOT about the posts themselves or the views, though. It is about trying to be a part of something, trying to make friends, and then making posts that *need* some sort of reply and then get nothing (and then someone else can post the exact same type of post and get the answers *they* need).

It is about feeling that the community that you are trying hard to be apart of doesn't give two hoots about you, your pets, or your situation.

Sevaede
08-14-2006, 09:36 PM

I do think it's a little discouraging to new people who are really trying to reach out and be a part of this. I am guilty of the same things, mainly because I can't come here a lot so I post and run sometimes. Then check back later.

That's EXACTLY what I am talking about. I have noticed several people try to reach out, join, and be a part of this community. Then, their feelings are hurt because (they *feel*) nobody really seems to give a hoot about them, their pets, or their situations. You can't help but feel ignored when you put effort into helping and trying to get help and it just goes unnoticed.

Thank you Randi, aki, and mrruffruff. Your help and perspectives are wonderfully appreciated. :)

Again, thank you to those of you who ARE and WERE helpful.

sasvermont
08-15-2006, 08:04 AM
Some folks here are devoted to other activities and have real life obligations and responsibilites that need to be tended to each day. They select when and what they look at and respond to while on the net and of course, how they spend their time.

There are choices we all make when spending our leisure time, based on different criteria – possibly time constraints alone, or level of fascination /interests, you name it, and each person will probably have a different standard.

In my opinion, some of the topics being posted are FLAT OUT BORING. THEY DON’T INTEREST ME. They may interest some other folks though. Some of us elect to NOT use our precious time reading and writing on topics that don’t interest us. It’s really simple. It’s a choice.

Example: I am a member of the Hettie 3T washing machine forum. I doubt if many folks here could give a hoot about my washing machine and its troubles. So I spare everyone the stories about my washing machine. If someone wants to PM me about the 3T, fine. :D

slick
08-15-2006, 09:09 AM
In my opinion, some of the topics being posted are FLAT OUT BORING. THEY DON’T INTEREST ME. Yes, me too...that's why I pick and choose. I would love to respond to all the threads I'm interested in but there's just no time.

Example: I am a member of the Hettie 3T washing machine forum. I doubt if many folks here could give a hoot about my washing machine and its troubles. So I spare everyone the stories about my washing machine. If someone wants to PM me about the 3T, fine. :D :D :D :D Oh SAS, you absolutely crack me up. Thank you for my morning laugh.......oops, I mean.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZ again. :D

Cataholic
08-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Example: I am a member of the Hettie 3T washing machine forum. I doubt if many folks here could give a hoot about my washing machine and its troubles. So I spare everyone the stories about my washing machine. If someone wants to PM me about the 3T, fine. :D

Is that code for something? LOLOL....I would find this somewhat interesting, and, of course, seeing as it was posted by you, I would respond immediately.

Why? Cause I like you. I like your style, the way you don't whine all over the place about who does or does not respond to your post, cause you are 'mature', like me (and, I am not meaning others are immature), and best of all, why would I respond to you, and maybe not others? Cause it is my God given right. Sheesh...kind of like trying to make another kid play with you in the sandbox, you just can't force it.

Seriously, and maybe a bit more gently said: many of us have taken yearS to get to know one another, have built up a relationship over losses, gains, grieving, and joy. We 'know' one another. For someone to suggest, insist or imply that we all have to be "insta-friends", by responding to what might be portrayed as runonposters is a bit insulting.

Who likes whom, who has more posts than someone else, or who replies more/less/too much to others is really pretty much like high school (and maybe junior high) behaviour, something I am quite proud to admit is WAY in my distant past.

Who. Really. Cares.

And, look at it this way. You have now had plenty of people respond to one of your threads, posted in at least two places that I am aware of. Now EVERYONE knows you. Infamy at its best, eh?

Sevaede
08-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Is that code for something? LOLOL....I would find this somewhat interesting, and, of course, seeing as it was posted by you, I would respond immediately.

Why? Cause I like you. I like your style, the way you don't whine all over the place about who does or does not respond to your post, cause you are 'mature', like me (and, I am not meaning others are immature), and best of all, why would I respond to you, and maybe not others? Cause it is my God given right. Sheesh...kind of like trying to make another kid play with you in the sandbox, you just can't force it.

Seriously, and maybe a bit more gently said: many of us have taken yearS to get to know one another, have built up a relationship over losses, gains, grieving, and joy. We 'know' one another. For someone to suggest, insist or imply that we all have to be "insta-friends", by responding to what might be portrayed as runonposters is a bit insulting.

Who likes whom, who has more posts than someone else, or who replies more/less/too much to others is really pretty much like high school (and maybe junior high) behaviour, something I am quite proud to admit is WAY in my distant past.

Who. Really. Cares.

And, look at it this way. You have now had plenty of people respond to one of your threads, posted in at least two places that I am aware of. Now EVERYONE knows you. Infamy at its best, eh?

It sure is wonderful to have things taken completely out of context and the opposite of the way you intended.

I am not assuming or insinuating anything. I understand that friendships take time to build. ALL I AM SAYING is that I am putting out the effort to build a friendship and (before this post and the *kind* replies that some folks showed they *do* care) nobody seemed to want to build with me.

I. Am. Not. Complaining. About. Posts. Amounts. Or. Views. I. Was. Using. That. As. An. Example. For. Something. Wah.

It's a matter of trying and having nothing to show for your efforts. But, thanks to the positive PTers, I am feeling more optimistic and realizing that I do have some things to show for my effort.

sasvermont
08-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Here is a link to an article on the HE3T washing machine.

swoosh (http://www.applianceadvisor.com/2001Appliancephotos/searspressrelease.htm)

and here is the forum web site.....lots to offer.... enjoy....

forums (http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/)

:p

And then there is the oh so facinating laundry forum, itself.....

Hettie / Kenmore Elite washers and dryers......ZZZZ (http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/laundry/nph-ind.cgi?n=30)

Logan
08-16-2006, 09:28 PM
SAS, if Johanna hadn't asked, I would have! I had never heard of a Hettie washer before.

Wenisrubber, no one is making light of what you said. I think that some of us who have hung out here for a long time now (from since the beginning of Pet Talk) have seen similar posts from newer members, like you, many times over the years. 5 of my best friends in the world, I met on this board. It was not overnight, though. We just naturally gravitated to each other's style. I have limited Pet Talk time these days. I'm trying to do a better job of jumping in more often lately as I missed so much for a while. But yes, you are right, if I have limited time, I'm going to open the post from one of my good friends or someone I'm familiar with first. I know that probably doesn't seem fair in the way that you guys are looking at this, but that's how it is in reality. I am 43 years old. I have a 3000 sq ft home on an acre of land and am responsible for the upkeep of all of that. I am married to a wonderful man who works very hard and there are responsibilities that go along with that too. I have a 15 1/2 year old daughter who is quite demanding and I LOVE that she wants me around. I have two step children who, when they are here, need my attention as well. I have 3 dogs (including a young puppy), a cat, 2 cockatiels and a fish to care for. And I have a full time job, plus various outside volunteer activities that take up time. So when I get a precious few minutes to jump on Pet Talk, I'm going to have to focus in quickly on responding to the posts that I quickly recognize or the ones that include issues that are at the forefront of my mind, then if I have time, I love to read other posts. Most of the time I couldn't tell you who initiated them, though. If the topic lures me in or if it has a lot of responses, I go there (of course many times I also leave as quickly as I got there when it is a heated discussion that goes on and on). I don't know if I have ever responded to a post you have initiated. Sorry, if I haven't. It was certainly not intentional.

I know that there are a lot of us who, at one time or another, felt like we were the "death of a thread". I have laughed over this with several people over the years.

For me, these forums are for pleasure. When they start to get stressful, its time to move on to something else. I have plenty of things to stress me in my life and this is certainly not the place I would come if it was upsetting me. Nor would I go to my other groups if I got upset over them.

I hope that things will get better for you soon. We truly are glad you're here!

Logan

Sevaede
08-16-2006, 09:47 PM
SAS, if Johanna hadn't asked, I would have! I had never heard of a Hettie washer before.

Wenisrubber, no one is making light of what you said. I think that some of us who have hung out here for a long time now (from since the beginning of Pet Talk) have seen similar posts from newer members, like you, many times over the years. 5 of my best friends in the world, I met on this board. It was not overnight, though. We just naturally gravitated to each other's style. I have limited Pet Talk time these days. I'm trying to do a better job of jumping in more often lately as I missed so much for a while. But yes, you are right, if I have limited time, I'm going to open the post from one of my good friends or someone I'm familiar with first. I know that probably doesn't seem fair in the way that you guys are looking at this, but that's how it is in reality. I am 43 years old. I have a 3000 sq ft home on an acre of land and am responsible for the upkeep of all of that. I am married to a wonderful man who works very hard and there are responsibilities that go along with that too. I have a 15 1/2 year old daughter who is quite demanding and I LOVE that she wants me around. I have two step children who, when they are here, need my attention as well. I have 3 dogs (including a young puppy), a cat, 2 cockatiels and a fish to care for. And I have a full time job, plus various outside volunteer activities that take up time. So when I get a precious few minutes to jump on Pet Talk, I'm going to have to focus in quickly on responding to the posts that I quickly recognize or the ones that include issues that are at the forefront of my mind, then if I have time, I love to read other posts. Most of the time I couldn't tell you who initiated them, though. If the topic lures me in or if it has a lot of responses, I go there (of course many times I also leave as quickly as I got there when it is a heated discussion that goes on and on). I don't know if I have ever responded to a post you have initiated. Sorry, if I haven't. It was certainly not intentional.

I know that there are a lot of us who, at one time or another, felt like we were the "death of a thread". I have laughed over this with several people over the years.

For me, these forums are for pleasure. When they start to get stressful, its time to move on to something else. I have plenty of things to stress me in my life and this is certainly not the place I would come if it was upsetting me. Nor would I go to my other groups if I got upset over them.

I hope that things will get better for you soon. We truly are glad you're here!

Logan

Ah, indeed. I understand where one opens posts (first) of those who you are familiar with. I think everyone does that, it's just something you do. :)

I am married and have householdly duties (as I am having trouble finding a job), as well. They do take up quite a bit as I am always doing things two, or three, or four times because if something is pretty dirty then it is too dirty for me to just let one sponge swipe or a once over with a vacuum to be satisfied.

Heh, I am sure I'll be having those convos eventually! :D

Thank you very much! I am glad everyone else is here. PT is truly a reprieve from, well, a lot of things. :)

sasvermont
08-17-2006, 08:18 AM
Quoted from Logan's last post.......

"For me, these forums are for pleasure. When they start to get stressful, its time to move on to something else. I have plenty of things to stress me in my life and this is certainly not the place I would come if it was upsetting me. Nor would I go to my other groups if I got upset over them."

Ditto, ditto, ditto. :)

Logan
08-18-2006, 03:32 PM
Dionne, I don't know you, and I don't know Wenisrubber (whose name, I assume, is Angelique, either). I would get to know you, one day, probably, through continued posting by both of you.

You are a good friend to be so defensive of your friend, but at the same time, I think that your message carries almost "hate" instead of concern. That is sad to me. I think there have been a tremendous amount of responses to this thread in Cat General and in the Dog House, where it was originally posted. They may not necessarily be what was hoped for, but that is one of the things that happens on these message boards. If you post a concern or a question, then you have to be ready for the responses.

I don't know if I'm included in the group that you are angry with. I had to consider that given that you responded not too long after I posted my response. I did send a PM to Wenisrubber, apologizing if I was offensive, because I certainly did not mean to be, nor do I ever mean to be in any post that I post.

This is a terrific forum, made up of wonderful pet lovers and some people are going to "click" and some are not going to. I think that was the general message that came through loud and clear in this whole thread. It is sad that she felt like no one was respecting her opinions, but like I said before, I think every single one of us have been there. And it comes with time, too.

Please rethink your anger and try to understand people's responses without getting so bent out of shape. I just hate it when people get so upset. :(

With best intentions,
Logan

dionne
08-18-2006, 06:16 PM
no logan it wasn't directed towards you. you were one of the ones who actually made sense in the matter. i must admit, there probably WAS a little bit of hate in that post, but i have no respect whatsoever for people who are rude, careless and cruel for no reason, and seemingly without thinking. that makes me more angry than anything, and watching angelique having to defend herself over and over against remarks made by those who acted so just made me so angry. if you are my friend, especially my best friend, then any kind of hurt you feel, i feel too. i don't like seeing people sad or angry either.

and yes, i realize that there were a tremendous amount of responses to the this one and the other in dog house. i must say, i could NOT find any responses in the dog house that came even CLOSE to the negative ones here in cat general. but, i do not think she put this thread up for the responses, and considering some of the stuff that WAS put on this one, i think she couldve done without. she put it up to make a point. and i whole heartedly agree with her point.

and i will say it again: thank you to the people who responded with kind hearts, and some sense. you are included in this, logan.

so, my anger is rethought, and tho i cannot help but feel hatred towards those who are cruel, i do apologize to those of you who felt like my last post on here was directed towards them.

thankyou for speaking up on this, logan. if anyone else feels the same, please let me know, and i will try my best to right the wrong.

dionne

catlady1945
08-19-2006, 06:31 AM
I know what you mean. I think people respond to their friends' posts. Or maybe my cats are just boring! :)

lbaker
08-19-2006, 07:10 AM
"..you imbeciles" "..selfish asses" :eek: Then you go on to say ".. nobody needs your rudeness - take it somewhere else" Physician heal thyself.

Cataholic
08-19-2006, 07:23 AM
"..you imbeciles" "..selfish asses" :eek: Then you go on to say ".. nobody needs your rudeness - take it somewhere else" Physician heal thyself.

Think that was bad? Go see what she posted in the DH! I just don't get people bashing others for allegedly bashing others. But, my energies are wasted on the young anymore <sigh> (except Jonah, that is :D )

K & L
08-19-2006, 07:26 AM
What a shame a thread has to turn into something like this.

lbaker
08-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Joh, maybe school will start soon ;)

Sevaede
08-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Yes, hopefully school will start soon. Then, most of us will still be on Pet Talk. ;)

Catty1
08-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Okay, can we focus on the positives, then, and let the negatives go?

"You can be right, or you can be happy."

HUGS

Where can I get a Hettie? :p

dionne
08-20-2006, 03:36 AM
ok, no more posts from me on here!! at this point forward, i am putting this all behind me! YAY!! :D :D

*don't worry!! be happy now!!* :D :D :D

Sevaede
08-20-2006, 08:36 PM
This post was not meant to offend so I am sorry if it did.

I hope that this does not go down as a judgement against my character. I was honestly trying to keep anything positive from going to shambles.

I am sorry if you were offended or hurt by this post. I was not trying to be mean or anything with anyone. I respect everyones opinion and realize that some may not be getting rude but just trying to point out some thing blatantly. :)