PDA

View Full Version : **Splish Splash its Saturday night**

MajesticCollies
08-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Well tonight was fun!!!! Here's a few pics of my evening!!!

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/majesticcollies/PICT2153.jpg
No, not real happy. lol

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/majesticcollies/PICT2149.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/majesticcollies/PICT2148.jpg

No, Viktor isn't happy either.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/majesticcollies/PICT2154.jpg

oops didn't see the drying table coming!!!
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/majesticcollies/PICT2156.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/majesticcollies/PICT2155.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/majesticcollies/PICT2161.jpg

All done!!!!!
Although someone didn't want to stand still for the camera, I
hope everyones Saturday night was as exciting as mine. Tomorrow is Steele's turn hehehe

cyber-sibes
08-12-2006, 08:43 PM
"Splish splash, I was takin' a bath...long about a Saturday night!"
Now I can't get that song out of my head! ;)
Boy, that's some look Viktor gave you, HeeHee! Please give that clean fluffy boy a big hug for me!

buttercup132
08-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Cute pictures

Can I just ask why you use a restrainer?
If the dog jumps it could snap its neck and kill it

Karen
08-12-2006, 10:48 PM
It is funny how being wet makes their collie snouts look even looooooooooooooonger! Poor wet babies!

I_luv_rusty
08-12-2006, 10:54 PM
It is funny how being wet makes their collie snouts look even looooooooooooooonger! Poor wet babies!

I was thinking the same! :D They are so adorable!

zoomer
08-13-2006, 12:25 AM
Aww, what cute kids!! What adorable fluff balls in the end :D

Almita
08-13-2006, 12:25 AM
aww how cute! Viktor is all fluffy and cute when dried! Yes it does look like the snout is bigger.

shais_mom
08-13-2006, 12:51 AM
great pics!
My Keegan got a bath today but nothing near as fancy as that!

Cute pictures

I have a feeling he knows what he is doing and I think his dogs are safe.
Every grooming shop I have been in uses them. :confused:

Dorothy39
08-13-2006, 01:33 AM
Wow, What a set up !!!!! Just wondering --- Was there any bath time music being played?? :rolleyes: :D

Karen, you are right, a wet Collie does have a much loooooooooooooger snout!!! :eek:

Now I know how you keep your Collies looking so Majestic!!! They are so beautiful!!!!!!!

Thank-You for the bath time fun!!!!!

dionne
08-13-2006, 02:05 AM
i never realized how much they looked like greyhounds when theyre wet :eek:

they look so soft after their bath!!! i love the way that animals feel after a nice bath/blow dry :D

bckrazy
08-13-2006, 03:16 AM

Um... notice the loop around Viktor's waist, as well? =P

They're all super cute & obviously squeaky clean! They remind me of Smoothies with their hair all flat. Aww, you can put Viktor on a plane to Cali on Monday...

Daisy and Delilah
08-13-2006, 06:56 AM
I can never get tired of seeing those doggies!! They're so cute!!

Steals Viktor and runs away with him............. ;)

Kisses on those long, loveable, snouties from us!!

MajesticCollies
08-13-2006, 09:45 AM
buttercup132Cute pictures

Just so you know Buttercup123 the restraint is actually for the safety of the Collie. When your hands are tied up with a brush and dryer there is no time to stop the dog from jumping off the table and risking injury. When I was first starting to bath and dry puppies when they were old enough to run around I didn't use the restraint and my poor little tri girl jumped off the table and twisted her leg. She limped for 2 days. The restraint actually teaches the dogs to stay still. they can move thier head around, move thier body around in a 360* turn but they can't leap or jump away from the groomer. The restraint is actually for the SAFETY of your fur baby. It really isn't as uncomfortable as it looks.
Good question though. With these Collies you want them to stand really still so you can dry and brush that long hair underneath to make sure it doesn't matt up. It's no fun grooming a moving Collie. lol
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/majesticcollies/ca0205e6.jpg
Here's Steele at 10 mos old, See how he has learned to stand still.

Alysser
08-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Beautiful dogs, you have! I love smooth collies and I love Steele. Looks like you had a great time, but did the dogs? ;) :D

buttercup132
08-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Just so you know Buttercup123 the restraint is actually for the safety of the Collie. When your hands are tied up with a brush and dryer there is no time to stop the dog from jumping off the table and risking injury. When I was first starting to bath and dry puppies when they were old enough to run around I didn't use the restraint and my poor little tri girl jumped off the table and twisted her leg. She limped for 2 days. The restraint actually teaches the dogs to stay still. they can move thier head around, move thier body around in a 360* turn but they can't leap or jump away from the groomer. The restraint is actually for the SAFETY of your fur baby. It really isn't as uncomfortable as it looks.
Good question though. With these Collies you want them to stand really still so you can dry and brush that long hair underneath to make sure it doesn't matt up. It's no fun grooming a moving Collie. lol
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/majesticcollies/ca0205e6.jpg
Here's Steele at 10 mos old, See how he has learned to stand still.
Thats just what the lady I work for said.
We dont use them and ya it is sometimes hard but most dogs will stay still(belive it or not) and a broken leg is better then a broken neck right?
Im not in anyways trying to critise you or how you do it I'm just wondering
And ya I agree lol grooming Collies can be some a challange
Especially when they are blowing their coat and the hair gose in your mouth and eyes and well everywhere lol.But most just sit there.
I guess since you show it may be a little different.

Muddy4paws
08-13-2006, 03:50 PM
:) omg they look stunning!

I prefer using a full body restraint at work especially when you got a dog that weighs a ton and doesn't like to stand up for more than a few seconds :p

Lori Jordan
08-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Cute pictures

Are you not working grooming dogs?I think the remark was not needed,My groomer uses them also,and my dogs have been fine!

Your Collies are beautiful,they sure look better after a nice bath!My guys are of need of one do you have time to bathe them lol???

shais_mom
08-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Thats just what the lady I work for said.

I guess that just goes to show that that is one person's opinion. Like different collars, foods, beds, and general care.
He shows so I imagine his dogs are used to being up there and groomed regularly and also well behaved.

buttercup132
08-13-2006, 06:43 PM
I was asking Majestic Collie not anyone else

Lori just because your groomer dose it dosent mean its right

I think the remark was not needed
Umm well then dont answer it like I said it wasnt directed at you and Majestic Collie said it was a good question...

Also since this is at a groomer and its not our own dogs I guess we also dont use them because like if the dog were to jump off if the dog broke its leg it would be a little easier to tell the owner and have to pay for a vet bill rather then be sued for the dogs death...

I guess this is what people mean when people are starting stupid arguments over things
I was asking OP noone else so no your opinions and remarks werent needed

Muddy4paws
08-13-2006, 07:13 PM
I was asking Majestic Collie not anyone else

Lori just because your groomer dose it dosent mean its right

Umm well then dont answer it like I said it wasnt directed at you and Majestic Collie said it was a good question...

Also since this is at a groomer and its not our own dogs I guess we also dont use them because like if the dog were to jump off if the dog broke its leg it would be a little easier to tell the owner and have to pay for a vet bill rather then be sued for the dogs death...

I guess this is what people mean when people are starting stupid arguments over things
I was asking OP noone else so no your opinions and remarks werent needed

OK this is a question for you then, When you have the dog on the table at work do you leave it unsupervised at any time? dogs shouldnt be left on a table alone so whats the chance of the dog jumping off when its got your full attention? I agree with you they can be dangerous but when the dog is supervised properly I dont see the problem with using them I think that was just the point people was trying to make I dont think anyone was trying to cause an arguement but im all honesty if you post a remark like that people will reply even if the question wasn't directed at them

I find them very useful at work especially the full body ones I guess its just up to personal preferance

Please dont take this the wrong way Im only telling you how I think me and a few others found your remark its not a dig at you in anyway :)

buttercup132
08-13-2006, 07:18 PM
OK this is a question for you then, When you have the dog on the table at work do you leave it unsupervised at any time? dogs shouldnt be left on a table alone so whats the chance of the dog jumping off when its got your full attention? IThats true.No we dont ever. How could we the dogs may jump.Muddy paws you werent rude so its not a problem, its when people are rude and answer someone elses question that bothers me.

shais_mom
08-13-2006, 08:55 PM
if you don't want everyone to answer the question or jump to someone's defense try PMing the question then noone is the wiser.

K9soul
08-13-2006, 10:25 PM
Ahh yes, I well remember the joys of wash and groom days with my two collies :D They just look so pitiful. I love the grooming table pictures with Viktor's hair all fluffed out, he looks like a plush bear! :D.

RobiLee
08-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Hey, my girls are due for their baths! Can I send them your way? ;)

Love the pics :)

pitc9
08-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Cute Clean Collies!!! :D

Ginger's Mom
08-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Oh they look beautiful! And very well behaved for their baths too. How often do you bathe your dogs? Actually, I guess that would vary with show schedules, huh?

elizabethann
08-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Wow! Look at how dirty the water is! :D

They sure did clean up nice & gorgeous!! :D Fluffy too!