PDA

View Full Version : Someone called Animal Control on the Found Cat Hotel

catmandu
08-12-2006, 06:19 PM
And said that my Hotel was filthy, and so were the Found Cats.
She came in, and told me that she say no filth, ans that there was plenty of food, and that the Cats were happy and healthy.
I just have to get notes from My Vet, and Animal Welfare so they can have them on file in case this creep starts problems again.
I am so sad and angry.
These Cats had no where to go, and this was thier only Option.
Would you pray for the Found Cats please.
Prayers always help.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Didn't you just go through this a bit ago? I would think they would have records that you take good care of your cats.

Prayers on the way for me for sure!!! :(

Corinna
08-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Again gary is this the same idiot as before? Soon all the agentcy will know you and not even bother. (I hope)

catmandu
08-12-2006, 06:35 PM
This is the first formal complaint against me.
The other times she threatened, actually lied and said someone else was going to complain.
But the Cats are registered with the SPCA, and this was just to let me know a compalint had be laid.
Her inspection was just for the record.
Soon the Cats will be safe, and I will find a way to deal with this person.
Please Pray anyways, it will make us feel a lot better.
Gary, The Found Cats, Porch Cats and All Our Rainbow Bridge Companions.

Karen
08-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Glad they came to check and saw what a happy, healthy place the Found Cat Hotel is! Did you check her pockets before she left to make sure there were no stowaways? ;)

jenluckenbach
08-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Unfortunatly, it is their "duty" to investigate. :( People make me so :mad: :mad: :mad:

But be reassured that the investigation showed well cared for kitties.
PRAYERS for the found cats and their FEEDER

catmandu
08-12-2006, 06:38 PM
the Funny Thing is that the Found Cats normally hide, but with this lady, they all came out to be counted.
They were so friendly, that that had to help our cause.
I was going to fudge on the numbers, but thier curiousity made that impossible.
You couldnt hide, I asked?

Danegirl2208
08-12-2006, 06:55 PM
people amaze me :mad: :mad: I guess when you are doing a good, kind, thing there will always be someone trying to mess it up for you..God bless you and hugs from me and my kiddos

animal_rescue
08-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Gosh! You are one of the best cat homes I've ever seen, they may have just been jealous because you have such great cats!

Prayers that everything goes well.

moosmom
08-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Oh Gary, I'm sorry you and the found cats had to go through this. But at least they all came out, greeted her and she saw absolutely nothing wrong. I hope the jerk that called gets his (or hers). What a jerk!! :mad:

Cinder & Smoke
08-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Please Pray anyways, it will make us feel a lot better.

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

Hi God ~

Kan we get a lil Help fur Mr. Gary anna Found Kats' Hotel?

Maybe have sumbuddie *NICE* come in an buy dat problem howze frumma
NOT-so-nice Naybur - so Gary kan quit *wurryin* bout da Kat Police.

Send Gary a big {{{God'sHugg}}} so he knowz he's Doin Gud!

Thanks God!

/s/ da Purrayer Kat anna Prayer Muttz

Logan
08-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Oh Gary, I know that every one of us wishes we were closer to you. We would be there to defend you and your precious cats in a heart beat!!

In the meantime, we'll be there with you in spirit and in prayer.

Logan

Sevaede
08-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Indeed! What Logan said!

That is just horrible! PTers and Found Kitties all know you have a FANTASTIC home for your furbabies.

Glad that the inspection lady is on your side! :D

If you need anyone to vouch, you can call on us!

momcat
08-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Gary, I am absolutely OUTRAGED over this !! :mad: :mad: !! Each and every picture you post shows nothing but healthy, happy, extremely well cared for cats. They're obviously well fed, get plenty of TLC, and all get veterinary care as soon as it's needed. All of us on PT have seen pictures of them happily playing together and making kitty pile-ups. This "neighbor" of yours obviously needs something to do... needs to get a life! Unfortunately some idiots aren't happy unless they're creating problems where none exist! This is so wrong!!! Just say the word and I will e-mail anyone anywhere in your defense, that's a promise and you have my word on that!

Just remember one thing Gary, and from my own personal experience I know it to be true...

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

momoffuzzyfaces
08-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Oh Gary, I'm sorry you and the found cats had to go through this. But at least they all came out, greeted her and she saw absolutely nothing wrong. I hope the jerk that called gets his (or hers). What a jerk!! :mad:
That's what I was thinking!

If they had hid, she could have said they were afraid of people because they were abused or something. She can't claim that now!!!

Prayers still on the way here for all of you! Give the fuzzies a kiss from me if it won't wear your lips out too much! :D

QueenScoopalot
08-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Oh Gary! We all know how much you love and spoil all your furkids. The authorities should be going after the persons that dump and mistreat animals, and there would be no problems for those of us that care. Not to mention...enforce spay/ neuters etc! :mad: I am sending purrayers that they back off and realize that these are cats that are NOT reproducing on the streets, have food, water & potties, and most of all are loved by you! ;)

critter crazy
08-12-2006, 09:44 PM
That is just horrible!! Some peole just love to make trouble!!! You and your found cats, will be in our thoughts that this will be a good thing for you, and wont hapen again!

G535
08-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Sometimes I wish we could round up all those useless people and send them to Mars (that's if the Martians would have them). :D

Glad you and the found cats passed inspection which we knew you would anyway! :)

Zippy
08-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Prayers for you and the found cats.
They bug the people who take great care of there animals but let the people who take horriable care of there animals live in peace.

Soapets
08-13-2006, 12:14 AM
I guess it's a good thing she came to visit you, because now she has documentation on what a good home your found cats all have, and it has proven the person who complained to be a liar!

You certainly have my thoughts and prayers coming your way!

Deb

dionne
08-13-2006, 12:24 AM
you DEFINETLY have my thoughts and prayers, as well as my respect, gary. i am glad that they are on your side. maybe its just one of those things that happens and good will come out, for example: the woman who inspected may be inspired from your awesome care and the awesome deed you are doing and do anything from adopting someone to being inspired so much, she opens her own shelter. or she spreads the word and other people do it. it could also be something as small, as making one happy, even if just for a day. i know that when i see kindness like what you do, i am inspired to do great things, or in the least, it makes me happy.
all will go well. :D

do you have any idea WHO it was that reported you? :mad: :mad: :mad: if you do, you have a right to make sure that person never comes on or around your property again...sort of like a restraining order for businesses. seeing as what you do is like a business somewhat, there fore should be treated like one, i know that, like i said, it is your RIGHT to tell whomever you want to leave, whenever.

rg_girlca
08-13-2006, 12:59 AM
Oh gosh Gary, I am so sorry that you had to deal with this. Like others have said, at least now they have a report that your cats are well taken care of and do not live in filth.

Some people just need to get a life of their own and leave others alone. :mad:

AbbyMom
08-13-2006, 08:48 AM
And said that my Hotel was filthy, and so were the Found Cats.

Gary--Here in the states, a false accusation like this to authorities is called slander. Do you know who is making these false claims? If you do, consider asking a lawyer to address her slanderous ways.

Good luck to you and the Found Cats.

Pat

Pam
08-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Oh Gary, I know that every one of us wishes we were closer to you. We would be there to defend you and your precious cats in a heart beat!!

In the meantime, we'll be there with you in spirit and in prayer.

Logan

I agree! If you should ever need people to speak on your behalf you have people from all over the world ready to step up to the plate. :) I am glad the kitties were so sociable. My Andy would have never come out! LOL! I hope this is the last time you have to deal with this.

sirrahbed
08-13-2006, 09:04 AM
I am so sorry that this happened, Gary!!

I watch "Animal Cops" on Animal Planet and there are sometimes episodes that show false claims and it is always so comforting to then hear about owners who have lots of animals - and give them excellent care.

I often wonder about the people who call in the complaints. I suppose that most are wellmeaning if they see something that looks like neglect or animal hoarding - but sometimes it seems like the complaints are made by folks that are mean spirited and are trying to make trouble.

Well, I am just sad that this happened to the Found Cats and their dad :( Here on Cat General, we see pictures of your kitties and know how loved and spoiled they are. I am glad that the lady inspector saw this for herself. Gary I bet it was humiliating to go through this...I would have been horrified and angry if it happened to me.

I will keep praying for you and the Hotel.

kb2yjx
08-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Gary!! I wish I had turne dthe computer on last evening so I could have read this yesterday!!! I cannot belieive that someone did this to you again!!! How fortunate that the Found cats were so sociable when the inspector arrived. I am sure she was able to see how well fed and fortunate these cats are to have you and their home where they are so loved !!!!

Barbara
08-13-2006, 10:38 AM
What a ******** to do that to you!
I am glad the inspector could see all your kitties and was forced to notice how happy and healthy they are :)

Felicia's Mom
08-13-2006, 10:59 AM
I am so sorry this happened to you. :(

CultureJunky
08-13-2006, 11:22 AM
That's a pain Gary, but you got through it and passed the inspection, which obviously you would anyway, as you look fantastically after your cats and love them.
If this person is coming near your house at all, perhaps you could report them to the police for trespassing, and then you could get a restraining order on this idiot!
At least now they have a file saying how well looked after your cats are so they need not bother call again just look it up if there are any further complaints, and they may eventually see that this person is causing trouble and there is nothing actually to look into.

I will pray for you and the found cats ;)

momcat
08-13-2006, 12:13 PM
[SIZE=2]The authorities should be going after the persons that dump and mistreat animals...

HERE HERE!!! That's a so moved, QueenScoopalot.....

catmandu
08-13-2006, 12:43 PM
The Found Cats and I Thank You, for your kind words.
The Animal Control Officer was impressed as she saw the Found Cats all piled together, and happy together.
This hopefully will blow over and the Found Cats will be Official.
Once Again Thank You for Your Prayers.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/1255a6e7.jpg

Kirsten
08-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Oh Gary, I'm so sorry that this happened to you again, it's just awful! I'm glad that the animal controller saw how happy the Found Cats are, hopefully this will convince them that they have a wonderful and loving home.

Obviously there's a cat hater in your neighborhood that doesn't want to have all the felines around! :(

Kirsten

Killearn Kitties
08-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Hopefully this time there will be an end to it, if the authorities now have the Found Cats on record, with a report that they are well-cared for. We will be sending all our good luck vibes anyway, and the girls will keep their paws crossed.

K & L
08-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Gosh this just angers me. I've always had the fear that one of our neighbors might do the same thing. So far we've been lucky! Good luck and I'm glad they realized the cats are in good hands here.

flamepony12
08-13-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm very sorry this happened to you. :( Some people are difficult to understand. I'm glad, however, that the officers were able to see just how happy the Found Cats are in your hotel! :) Good luck to you and the kitties.

Daisy and Delilah
08-13-2006, 07:12 PM
How horrible Gary!! This idiot obviously doesn't know you very well! You should never have to go through this. Not with all the good you do for the lonely, homeless kitties out there, left to fend for themselves. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the beautiful Found Cats :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don Juan's mom
08-14-2006, 01:42 AM
Oh, Gary, I just saw this thread... and the support you're getting from EVERYONE, including d*g people! :) I'll add my prayers that this is the LAST you'll hear of any complaints or threats!

Liz

PS: Don Juan and Zerlina will put in a word with Goddess Bastet for Uncle Gary.

krazyaboutkatz
08-14-2006, 02:00 AM
Gary, I'm sorry that this happened to you again:( but I'm glad that the Animal Control Officer was impressed by your cats.:) Hopefully this won't happen again. My prayers and positive thoughts are also added.

CathyBogart
08-14-2006, 02:29 AM
Your kitties are all so lucky to have you. If anyone is picky about animal care, we PTers are. I can't believe someone would do something like that! Thoughts and prayers for the Found Cat crew. I'm very glad that the animal control officer saw how good their life is and didn't make any more trouble for you!

kilbarchancats
08-14-2006, 03:03 AM
This person's behaviour is just appalling - its very upsetting to read of this and the trauma she is putting you through.

max, Candy and Tom, Ben Angel and Charlie Angel are sending our thoughts and prayers to you.

Sonia59
08-14-2006, 05:39 AM
What a :mad: :mad: :mad: woman! Grrrr!

I am glad that everything turned well with the control. Of course, it's good that the authorities checked after a complaint because I guess in some cases it is necessary. But this time it was just you...

All paws and fingers are crossed for you, the found cats and angel cats in order that you have no trouble anymore. I am pretty confident, knowing all good things you are doing for the furry babies ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
08-14-2006, 05:52 AM
I never cease to be amazed at how vicious and vindictive people can be!

Whoever reported the hotel obviously leads a very sad and small minded life :mad:

No kitties on earth have better care than yours so try not to let this get to you. If I "come back" as a cat I'm booking into the hotel!

smokey the elder
08-14-2006, 07:46 AM
What a doofus that person is. They need to get a different hobby. :( I'm glad the kitties were friendly to the ACO; that couldn't have hurt.

catlover4ever
08-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Some people have nothing better to do than to try to make problems for other people.

Gary, you are such a wonderful person....very loving and caring and the Found Cats know that you are an angel.

Prayers and good thoughts on their way from CT.

christa
08-14-2006, 08:05 AM
Oh gary . . . I hate that you're going through this again. Do you ever wonder why in the world people won't just leave you alone??? Geez!!!

We are praying that the Found Cats will be safe, as well as you. :)

Christa, Josie & Brodie

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-14-2006, 08:23 AM
This made me so :mad: :mad: :mad: !!
How could that idiot do this to you???

You are a treasure , and your cats are the happiest in the world!! I hope that this will never happen again to you and The Found Cats!!!!
HUGS from Belgium :)

aki
08-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Sorry to hear that Gary. That is really maddening since you have a heart of gold and if anything you would prolly go without so that the found cats would be happy and healthy.

((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

Glad the lady saw what it's really like.

~Aki :D

wolflady
08-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Whoever reported the hotel obviously leads a very sad and small minded life :mad: ...

I agree. It's just rediculous that some people have to stick their disgusting noses where they're not needed, especially when the cats aren't hurting anyone. :rolleyes: I can not and never will understand people like that :mad: They really need to get a life and leave everyone else alone.

I'm glad that the found cats came out for the animal control lady. Of course she was impressed! The found cats are in good hands. Add my purrayers and pawsitive thoughts to all of those coming your way. :)

**hugs**

phesina
08-14-2006, 04:41 PM
Dear Gary,

That person who complained is another stupid nanny goat, to say the least. How dare she. She would rather see the Found Cats living as strays or euthanized? What is her problem?

We are so glad the Animal Control person saw the truth of the wonderful home you provide for so many cats. We hope they put that in their records so you won't have to be subjected to so much anxiety and agony again because of someone like that bitter, vindictive harpy.

We never fail to be amazed and touched by all the stories and pictures of the Found Cats Hotel that you share with us!

Your admiring friends,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, and Poppy

catmandu
08-14-2006, 05:00 PM
My Vet is so angry at this that hes not only writing a letter, but offered to put 8 Cats up, at his expense so I would only have 2 Cats.
I said that it would be too hard to trap that many, and they would be terrified.
I am going to put my faith in his letter, and the Animal Welfare Association.
I did appreciate his offer though, and maybe a few Cats would like a vacation.
NOOOOOOOOOO! We like it here, Dad!!

Cinder & Smoke
08-14-2006, 05:46 PM
My Vet ... offered to put 8 Cats up, at his expense -

so I would only have 2 Cats.

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/confused.gif

Is this a New Math problem?

There's 13 Kats pictured ...

If the Vet "puts up" 8 Kats ...

13 -8 leaves a LOT more than TWO! ... ???

But seriously ... IS there a way to Get Legal and keep the Kitties you have?

Is the "issue" a City or County LIMIT on the number of Cats?

Can you buy a "Kennel" or "Rescue" license? If so - How Much $$ ??

/s/ Phred

jazzcat
08-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Gary I thought I had already replied to this but scanning through I don't see it. I just want to let you know how saddened I am to hear this. It's one thing when people call out of concern but to do it just to cause problems is awful. I hope this can be put to rest once and for all. Sorry you are having to go through the stress.

(((HUGS)))

catmandu
08-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Officially I only have Ten Cats as there are three Cats, Moose,Rocca and Pouncierge who will stay hidden.
But I am praying that the fact that they are healthy and well cared for will keep them safe.

Logan
08-14-2006, 06:46 PM
But Gary, I think I'm headed the same direction as Phred. How many are legal? What does your city/county/province (whatever it is called) allow for? Are you breaking any laws? I'm certainly not asking this to accuse you of mistreatment of your cats, just asking to know whether that woman has any ground to stand on.

Logan

catfamily
08-14-2006, 07:28 PM
I have been so upset over this.There are MEAN people and then there are people who just don't understand how much we are doing to help these cats.It doesn't matter how many you have as long as you can provide for them.Food,fresh water and litterboxes that are maintained.There are thousands among thousands that are homeless and there are so many nice people like you Gary that are spending money on these cats out of your own pocket.These people that talk bad about you and all the rest of us that have a FEW cats are out enjoying themselves spending money on nice clothes,going out to parties and traveling while we are all forfeiting this to take care of these cats.AND we are very happy doing it.Because we are Better people.Prayers on the way Gary.I will help in any way possible if anything happens.Even take a few till things blow over.I know your vet said he would too.That's really nice of him.
I hope you find out who did this.

DJFyrewolf36
08-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Hey, Remus here with a message for the Found Cats...

You tell those meanie-heads that your dad is the best cat dad in the whole world and that there is a whole army of pet angles and friends willing to say what a great guy your dad is!

Paws crossed that everything turns out A-OK!

Respectfully

Remus K. Maru

ShylanHal
08-15-2006, 01:01 AM
Whoever that person was who complained, I hope they get what's coming to them, threefold!
From what I've heard of your kitties and what I've seen, even if I am the newbie here and prolly the most ignored, I can tell that they are spoiled -not rotten- to the point where they are most likely the happiest kitties around.
You should find out about the laws with keeping kitties in your home, though I think that laws like that mainly stick more toward the canine spectrum rather than feline. (here in Corvallis I think you can have an unlimited number of cats indoors and outdoors as long as they're spayed/neutered and taken care of).

When I lived in Independence my neighbors across the street were vets, and took care of roughly thirty strays by feeding them and keeping them healthy and nonproductive, and then another neighbor had another twenty kitties, with I think only fifteen of them spayed/neutered, though they only had one unspayed lady, who lived indoors most of the time.

I say keep your kitties happy and be happy yourself, because no matter what other people say about you, you are always you and your kitties will always be happy there, and I think it's really cool what you do.
Wow I sound really lame, but I think it got my point across. :eek:

luffles,
Kari and Clover

catmandu
08-15-2006, 09:44 AM
You are only supposed to have 2 Cats in any home.
And there have been Cat Hoarders in Hamilton which is why they had to investigate.
The Animal Control Officer had just been in a hell hole of a house and she was so relieved that the Found Cat Hotel was not full of Dirty Hungry Cats.
They will not take away Healthy Cats, as they are full up at the Shelter now.
PLEASE continue to pray for The Found Cats and The Porch Cats too.
I will keep on feeding the Starry Cats, I cant stand to see Cats go hungry.
Its just the way I am.

Killearn Kitties
08-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Gary, the girls will not uncross their paws!

catfamily
08-15-2006, 10:42 AM
I'm so happy that they no better than to take away cats that are being cared for.At least that says something :)

GreyhoundGirl
08-15-2006, 11:11 AM
*GASP !

How could people do such a thing !?!?!? :mad: :(

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

lvpets2002
08-15-2006, 11:35 AM
:( Oh Gary I am so sad to have been reading.. I do hope all turns out well & for the goodness of your feelings & heart & the behalf on the Found Hotel Kitties.. Me & the girls send lots of Whisker Huggss & Prayers... PM me if you need anything..

Edwina's Secretary
08-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Recently there was a case her in OC of a couple who had over 60 cats. They were trying to help but couldn't keep up with the necessary vet trips.

And that is the difference Gary. You make sure your cats are spayed and neutered and get regular care. You are doing everything the shelter would do...without tax dollars.

I am sure the Animal Control people like you and what you are doing!

My thoughts are with you for a positive outcome...