PDA

View Full Version : Mia's babies

bella123
08-12-2006, 10:03 AM
My Mia had 6 babies 4 weeks ago they are doing great so big! My question is I read they should eat by 3 weeks. Well I have tried to feed them they want no part of it. They are very healthy and growing. How do I know when its time?

Any advice would be great Thanks

lvpets2002
08-12-2006, 10:14 AM
:) First Welcome to PT & enjoy all the talks & pictures
Second is Mia a cat? If so get some wet (can) kitten food & or get some dry wet & put in a flat pan & note the kittens where this pan is & the rest is history.. Let me know how it goes.. Also same thing with puppies on first feeding..

bella123
08-12-2006, 11:44 AM
OMY sorry she is a cat......I will try the flat pan. I did try the mix of food this morning and Mia ate it! I'll keep trying thanks so much

moosmom
08-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Any advice would be great. Thanks

Mia should be spayed the minute the kittens are weaned.

catmandu
08-12-2006, 06:52 PM
I would try Canned Kitten Food, or the Royal Canin Baby Kitten Food thats usually in a promotion priced bag.
Good Luck with those Babies, and Photos Please, if you can.

Reachoutrescue
08-12-2006, 07:00 PM
ONE OF MY RESCUE CAT HAS FIVE KITTENS AND THEY JUST TURNED FIVE WEEKS. ALL FIVE HAVE ACCEPTED SOFT KITTEN FOOD. ALL I DID WAS SMOOSH IT UP AND PUT IT IN A SHALLOW DISH....PUT THEM IN FRONT OF IT...AND IT WAS LIKE THEY WERE IN HEAVEN!! THEY WILL EAT WHEN READY. PLEASE SPAY MIA WHEN THE BABIES ARE EIGHT WEEKS....TO MANY PEOPLE LET THEIR CATS OVER BREED....THEY SHOULD NEVER BREED. THIS IS WHY SO MANY ANIMALS DIE EVERYDAY, EVERY WEEK, EVERY YEAR. PLEASE SPAY HER. GOOD LUCK.

QueenScoopalot
08-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Mia should be spayed the minute the kittens are weaned.

Ummmmm..how about sooner? :confused: I've had rescued mom cats that have suckled their kittens until they are nearly adults! And nursing queens can go into heat (and get pregnant) while nursing kittens! :eek: Nursing moms can actually be spayed with fewer complications than a cat in heat! ;) As far as weaning the kittens, some litters are slower to accept wet food as young as 4 weeks, but for a well rounded adoptable kitten, they ultimately should nurse for 8 weeks. ;) Mom will teach them to eat when she feels overwhelmed. What are your plans for the kittens? :confused: