PDA

View Full Version : Business name.. opinions please!

binka_nugget
08-12-2006, 01:25 AM
I'm going to start working on a business plan for my daycare, training and grooming business. It'll be training for a year or two until I can obtain a loan and find a suitable location for the daycare then eventually hire groomers. I also plan on teaching group classes fairly soon so I need to pick out a name fast!

Here are the two I'm thinking about using:

"Oh My Dog!" or "For the Love of Dog!"

If I go with "oh my dog", the domain will be oh-my-dog.ca. If I use "For the love of dog", it'll be fortheloveofdog.ca. I'm leaning towards one but I'd love some input. :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-12-2006, 02:22 AM
I prefer "Oh My Dog", only because I've never heard of another business called that before and I have heard of the other one numerous times. Both are really good though :)

catnapper
08-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Are you playing off the saying "oh my God" and "For the love of God"? If so, you'll be hurting yourself... some people might take offense to it and not use you.

Zippy
08-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Oh my Dog! it is so orgianal never heard of a business named that.I would never forget that name.

Catty1
08-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Doggone Hair?

binka_nugget
08-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks for your opinions guys. :) I was leaning towards "For the Love of Dog" but realized that there's another company with a similar name in Vancouver.

If you guys have any other suggestions, feel free to throw them in! Training is where my focus will be, especially for the first few years.

Catnapper: Yes, I am. I appreciate your opinion but seeing as how I've been using "Oh My Dog!" for a year already and had to refuse clients because of my limited time, I don't think it'll be much of a problem. I will keep that in mind though. :)

Shelteez2
08-12-2006, 08:51 PM
I voted for For the Love of Dog. Mostly because there's a grooming shop here in Calgary called Oh My dog and they are not very good. I've heard nothing but bad things about them (from clients of theirs that have come to us to fix their dogs) so that's what I think of when I hear that name. :)

As for the risk of offending people... well if it offends them they don't have to use you. It's as simple as that. You can't please everyone all the time.