PDA

View Full Version : 2 blind cats need homes asap at animal control

doolittleky
08-11-2006, 04:01 PM
I haven't been able to get to the computer in a few days because I have been sick with bronchitis. I received this email on the 7th and not sure if homes are still needed or they are still alive. If you can help them please contact the person in the email thanks
melissa
Permission to CROSS POST!! Can anyone give these babies a place to call home!???

To: [email protected], [email protected],
[email protected], [email protected],
[email protected]
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:54:02 -0500
Subject: Two blind kitties need rescue

There are two blind kitties in local shelters that need to go to rescues where they can be showcased for adoption or directly to forever homes. foster homes, or forever homes. If anyone/group can help, please email me at [email protected] and I will coordinate and send more information. Thank you for caring.

1. Lilly: Can anyone help Lilly? She is a tiny, small boned brown tabby and white
shorthair female kitty, around 2 years of age. She is blind. She is in
good health, wormed, spayed, up to date on vaccinations and tested
negative for felv/fiv.

She was confiscated as part of an animal abuse case and is currently in
an open door shelter/animal control in the greater Chicagoland Metro area,
Lilly is very sweet and friendly, loves to be picked up and petted, and is good with other cats.

2. Tabitha: Tabitha is a longhair torbie about 2 years of age. She is in good health,
wormed, spayed, up to date on vaccinations and tested negative for feliv/fiv.
She was given her vet care at the Anti Cruelty Society in Chicago at their clinic.

She is currently in an animal control in the greater Chicagoland Metro area.. Tabitha is very sweet and friendly toward people,
loves to be picked up and petted. However, she is nervous around other cats, especially aggressive
cats or cats that go up to her.

rg_girlca
08-11-2006, 04:19 PM
I am sorry to hear that you have been sick and I hope you are feeling better and have a full and speedy recovery.

I pray that these two have found new forever homes.

Lizzie
08-11-2006, 04:55 PM
I wrote and asked about Lilly, though I hope they have found a home since I really shouldn't take in another cat.

Melissa - I hope you are now getting well?

Miss Z
08-11-2006, 04:58 PM
2 blind cats, reminds me so much of my Zsa-Zsa. I hope the beautiful kitties find forever homes, I know just how strong and resiliant blind cats are.

doolittleky
08-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Hi Lizzie,
No, I have broncitis and feel pretty awful. I should be home in bed but just had to check my emails etc.
Melissa

doolittleky
08-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Lizzie, I jsut received this reply about Lilly, I still haven't heard about tabitha yet.
I volunteered to take her, they said they were going to try to get her adopted into a home or to a local rescue, but would contact me if they could not place her at all... I am a blind cat rescue/501 etc.

alana

Lizzie
08-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Thank you for the update, Melissa, that's a relief that there are options for her. Since I've made something of a specialty of taking in FIV+ cats and there is one locally in need of a home, I really should put him top of the list. Of course, then you go and post about the bunny-hop kitten and I imagine her playing with my CH kitten, and get all teary-eyed. STOP!! Go home and get well. Even if you don't care about your health, too many lives are depending on you.

doolittleky
08-11-2006, 05:13 PM
yeah the bunny hop kitten go to me too! Such a cutie. I will go home in a minute
Melissa

doolittleky
08-11-2006, 05:31 PM
here is the reply I jsut recieved about them

Hi,

I think we have found two homes in the Chicagoland Metro area for the
cats, which will be easier on them transport wise. If things don't work
out, I will email you back. Where are you located? Thanks for caring.

Lizzie
08-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Now I'm grinning broadly because it sounds like you were offering a home also. Glad to hear the rescue organization has probably found them new homes.

catmandu
08-11-2006, 06:20 PM
We are praying nor not only those Kittens, but for you as well to get your health back,as we love and respect the work that you are doing.

doolittleky
08-12-2006, 03:00 PM
I amover atmyfriend'swith Ivy and Scootermy 2FIV+ babies and Iam Using his webtvto checkemail etc. I hatethis webtv,notuse to it atall but Iguess it is better thannothing. Anyway, I got an emailfromthat yahoolisting IamonandLillyisnowlisted on petfinder.I saw herpic and sheis a doll!!!!! I don't knw if Tabitha islistedtheretoo or not Ididn'tlook. She wasn'tlistedyesterday.Sorryabout allmy words runningtogether. Hiskeyboard is old anditdoesn
tworktoowell.
Melissa

orangemm
08-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Please take caare of YOURSELF. Bronchitis is nothing to fool with.

doolittleky
08-13-2006, 03:06 PM
thanks for your concern. Today is the first day of work and I had to go but i at least feel some better than I did this weekend.
Melissa