PDA

View Full Version : The psychic was right!! (Kai's trip to the white-coats)

binka_nugget
08-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Some of you may have seen the post I made about our session with the natural healer/psychic. She did a reading on my boys and said that Kai's right hip was causing him pain. I had no clue as he doesn't limp or act any differently. We went to the white-coats today and I told her about what the psychic said. We discovered two small lumps over his right hip, definite stiffness in his right leg and suspect he might have signs of hip dysplasia and thyroid problems. :eek: I'm paying out the wazoo for all these health tests and xrays but thank dog she told us, because I wouldn't have suspected a thing!

The #1 priority right now are the xrays. She said it's possible the extra pounds are the reason for all this, but she wants to do xrays to be sure. He'll most likely be getting a biopsy done while under sedation. Positive thoughts for my boy please! I hope it's nothing more than stress on his joints from weight.. which will easily be taken care of once we start our sessions at the doggy pool. :)

Toby's my baby
08-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Wow, I'm glad you discovered it!! I hope everything turns out all right, and it is a huge problem!! Good thoughts comming everyones way! :)

Zippy
08-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Prayers of Kai.Hope he is ok.

Ginger's Mom
08-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Sorry Ashley, I must have missed the pet psychic thread. Is that what made you go to the vet or did you have another reason for going? I hope it's just a little weight strain and can be fixed with a little pool time. Good thoughts going out for Kai.

binka_nugget
08-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Sorry Ashley, I must have missed the pet psychic thread. Is that what made you go to the vet or did you have another reason for going? I hope it's just a little weight strain and can be fixed with a little pool time. Good thoughts going out for Kai.

Here's the thread with everything the psychic told us: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=109406

I didn't think much of what she said about Kai.. as I suspected the stress was due to weight. But recently in agility, he started having trouble clearing jumps. It was probably just an off day for him since he was excellent yesterday.. but during the class a few weeks ago, the trainer examined him and noticed the lump and noticed he didn't want to stretch out his right leg. We went to our usual vet right after but he quickly blamed it on his weight (didn't even look at his leg!) so we went to the new vet today.

chocolatepuppy
08-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Pawsitive thoughts and prayers headed out to Kai. How interesting the psychic had mentioned that and a good thing too.

luvofallhorses
08-11-2006, 07:19 PM
:( good thoughts and prayers are going out to Kai! ((Ashley & Kai))

Sevaede
08-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Whew! :eek: I hope it's just weight too! Tell that boy to get better and to let his mama know when something is up! :p

zoey
08-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Positive thoughts going out for you, Kai, and his doctors. I'm so glad you asked about that area and that the tests are helping to determine the best course of action.