PDA

View Full Version : I would appreciate your opinion.

gini
08-11-2006, 02:22 PM
My new little nephew is going to be christened on September 10th in Northern California and I plan on attending.

However, it just occurred to me that my return would be Monday - SEPTEMBER 11TH

I haven't made my reservations yet.

Would any of you fly on September 11th?

The day before yesterday, I don't think I would have asked this question.

Dorothy39
08-11-2006, 02:32 PM
That date, will live on, in infamy--- HoWEVER, time marches on. There will be a zillion tributes in honor of those who unknowingly went down in History.

I do understand your "reservation" being---- post poned. :(

My thoughts are with you, during this milestone in your nephew's life.

I think , if I were really in your shoes, I'd just DO IT!!!

Bless You!!!!

Randi
08-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Gini, I think I would fly. Just think ... on Sep. 11th the security will make a real effort and be extra alert.

Have a wonderful trip! What will the name be?

sparks19
08-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Gini, I think I would fly. Just think ... on Sep. 11th the security will make a real effort and be extra alert.

Have a wonderful trip! What will the name be?

Exactly. They are going to be watching everything like a hawk that day. It will probably be the safest day to fly :D

Cataholic
08-11-2006, 03:01 PM
I would not fly. Life goes on, blah, blah, blah, nonetheless, I would not fly.

As a slight aside, I wouldn't give birth on that day, no matter how my doctor tried to pooh-pooh my issues with it. Jonah was induced 4 days before the 11th.

kuhio98
08-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Yep. I would fly. It's just a date. Yes, something awful happened on that date in 2001. But, the older you get, the more dates there will be that have negative memories. Don't alter your life because of it. That's what they want. I refuse to give them that power over my life. Fly. Have a wonderful time. Turn it into a positive. Make a new memory for September 11. That's what we've done for Kuhio's Bridgeday (Aug. 6). Otherwise, I don't think we would get through it every year.

MajesticCollies
08-11-2006, 03:31 PM
LOOK INTO STEELE'S EYES.....DON'T FLY!!!!! MAN I HATE TO FLY ON ANY GIVIN DAY!!!!

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/majesticcollies/f1cf7e84.jpg

Karen
08-11-2006, 04:04 PM
I'd do it, no questions. Especially as you're going to be flying a relatively short hop, that I doubt terrorist would even bother with!

PinkSunshine
08-11-2006, 04:08 PM
I don't live my life worrying about the "What ifs" so I say go for it....

caseysmom
08-11-2006, 04:10 PM
I usually don't like to live in fear but I would probably extend my vacation by one day.

lizbud
08-11-2006, 04:26 PM
My new little nephew is going to be christened on September 10th in Northern California and I plan on attending.

However, it just occurred to me that my return would be Monday - SEPTEMBER 11TH

I haven't made my reservations yet.

Would any of you fly on September 11th?

The day before yesterday, I don't think I would have asked this question.

I believe I would take the trip anyway.You could keep the happy memories
of the Christening and visiting with family in mind while you flew back home.

Killearn Kitties
08-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Yes, I believe that I would fly. You might even get the flight for half price. ;)

Not to make light of it but, really a terrorist threat can be realised at any time. There is no more of a chance of them succeeding on one given date, rather than any other date.

You can sit at home and do nothing, or you can live your life.

slick
08-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Take a page out of my book. Seize the day.

Don't let fears run your life. Go for it and have a wonderful time and I'll expect a long email when you return. :) If only I could fly down and be your catsitter.... :(

I wouldn't have any problems flying on September 11th.

wolflady
08-11-2006, 05:02 PM
I agree with everyone who said, go for it! Luckily, it is a pretty short flight. Where in norcal will you be? Any chance of seeing you while you're up in my neck o' the woods? :D

**hugs**

Edwina's Secretary
08-11-2006, 07:16 PM
We can wave to each other Gini.....I will be flying on September 11 (in fact two flights as there is no direct flight where I will be coming home from!)

Pam
08-11-2006, 07:16 PM
That's what they want. I refuse to give them that power over my life.

I have heard many people say this, and my thought is that if you are dead they have gotten total power over your life.

Why not stay a little longer. I would put it off, but that's just me.

GreyhoundGirl
08-11-2006, 07:17 PM
I'd fly. The security WILL be crazy on sept 11. :) Just don't worry 'bout it.

Lady's Human
08-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Actually, Sept !!th would be one of the few days I WOULD fly...............if for no other reasons than to send the message to the evil scum that they're not going to change my life.

sirrahved
08-11-2006, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't have a problem flying on 9/11. I'm not going to let those (fill in your naughty word of choice here) terrorists rule me by fear. They can't terrorize me!

Logan
08-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Gini, I've read all the responses, but even if I was the first to answer you, I would tell you that if it was something important to me, then I wouldn't hesitate to have a flight on Sept. 11.

You need to do what makes you feel most comfortable. Our opinions, in the long run, don't really matter. Your feelings are what matter.

Logan

lbaker
08-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Logan. Always the voice of reason.. you are "some kind of wonderful.." :cool: Go for it Gini, unless of course you want an excuse to stay an extra day ;) I may be travelling myself that day. Let's you, Sara and whoever else wave at each other as we fly by ;)

pnance
08-11-2006, 11:52 PM
I'd have to agree with those that said fly. To be honest it's probably one of the safest days to fly....security will be really tight especially after the last few days.

Alysser
08-12-2006, 12:17 AM
Personally, I hate flying and would still hate it without all these terror threats and horrible events. IMO, it's a HUGE hassle with suitcases, carry-ons, ect. and I just cannot stand sitting on a crowded plane. But regardless, if you need to fly go for it! I completely agree with Kuhio98. Good luck and I hope you make the right choice that you want to.

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-12-2006, 12:40 AM
I'd fly. To be honest, even if there was another terrorist attack, I doubt they'd choose the same day again....they'd want to catch people by 'surprise', If that makes any sense at all.

gini
08-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks everyone, I was leaning towards flying anyway - knowing that I just cannot live my life this way - and give away my freedom.

Karen, I am going to Napa - flying into Oakland.

The last time I did this - I had a ride up to Oakland and then flew home, therefore I had only a one way ticket. Boy, did I ever get the once over - shoes, baggage search, purse search, the whole nine yards. It didn't bother me one bit - but obviously a one-way ticket raises huge flags.

slick
08-12-2006, 12:41 PM
Need I remind you?????? Take PICTURES to share!!!!! :) :)

kuhio98
08-12-2006, 03:37 PM
I have heard many people say this, and my thought is that if you are dead they have gotten total power over your life.

Why not stay a little longer. I would put it off, but that's just me. I humbly disagree. It is in your power to choose how to live your life. If you make decisions on how to live it based on fear, you are letting others control your actions. I can't live that way. Sure, you may "exist" longer on this planet, but to me it wouldn't really be living.

jackie
08-12-2006, 03:55 PM
I would have no problem flying on September 11th.

Logan
08-12-2006, 08:13 PM
I humbly disagree. It is in your power to choose how to live your life. If you make decisions on how to live it based on fear, you are letting others control your actions. I can't live that way. Sure, you may "exist" longer on this planet, but to me it wouldn't really be living.

No offense, but Gini asked for opinions and Pam gave hers. Everyone operates differently and some people, regardless of terrorists threats, just don't like to fly anyway. But if Pam expressed how "she" would handle a flight that day, then I think we all need to respect it, even if we would handle it differently.

Thanks, Laurie. I am probably a greater fan of you than you are of me. One day, I want to see you in person.

Logan

Giselle
08-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks everyone, I was leaning towards flying anyway - knowing that I just cannot live my life this way - and give away my freedom.

Karen, I am going to Napa - flying into Oakland.

The last time I did this - I had a ride up to Oakland and then flew home, therefore I had only a one way ticket. Boy, did I ever get the once over - shoes, baggage search, purse search, the whole nine yards. It didn't bother me one bit - but obviously a one-way ticket raises huge flags.
Really??? You're going to be flying into my hometown :D

I say go for it. Security has already been heightened because of the UK incident and I'm sure security will be on its very tip-toes on 9/11. Also, there have been four other 9/11's since 2001. They have all remained incident-less and I'm sure nothing is going to happen this time, either.