PDA

View Full Version : *New Kitten Pictures!!!!!*

joanofark
08-11-2006, 06:34 AM
That's all the info I have right now, ladies! I'll upydate as soon as I can!! =D Meow!
------------
EDIT: Ok, it looks JUST like Hobo, exept the new kitty is a long haired orange tabby!! I named it Aslan after my favortie movie EVER!

Problem, Hobo hates Aslan!:( I let Aslan out of the cage (We tried to ease them out of it.), Hobo hissed, Aslan hissed, both ran away. Now Aslan is in the cage crying it's head off, and Hobo is sitting next to me listening!! I don't know how to ease them into it!! Help! :(
--------------
EDIT: I'm so upset. Mom said to give it TWO DAYS. And if they're not getting along by then we have to get rid of Aslan. :( They're BOTH boys. I just thought hobo wouldn't mind until they're older. THEN we'd fix Hobo. I know we chould have fixed him sooner but it's just we always had other priorities, (Well accually MOM had other priorities because I don't work yet =) )

So I really need some genuine PT advice!!

---------------
Edit:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Joanofark/Aslan1.jpg
Sorry for the quality.... I took it with my phone..:)
-----------------
UPYDATE: The like eachother! I took a risk and let the kitten out of the cage!! The sniffed noses, then Hobo started to groom Aslan?? Whats that mean?? Does that mean Hobo was tasting him or kissing him, lol??
---------------
More pics :)

Cute little face:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Joanofark/Aslan2.jpg

Hobo checking Aslan out (YAY!!)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Joanofark/Aslan3.jpg

Miss Z
08-11-2006, 06:38 AM
Aw, that's great news, Sarah! Can't wait to see the new PT kitty :D

(BTW I'm on gabbly now and all alone;) hint hint)

Alysser
08-11-2006, 06:48 AM
:) That's awesome, I hope to see some pics soon. Are you adopting him/her?

catmandu
08-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Michael and Miquelito are MEEOWING at that Little Orange Face.
They are hoping and praying that that Little Orangie has a new home with you.
A New Furr Ever Home for that Michael of the Future.

joanofark
08-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Gary, Do you have any Ideas how I can get them to warm up to eachother?? Hobo won't get near Aslan without hissing!!

Catty1
08-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Hissing is normal. At least they didn't fight!

Maybe put the new baby in a separate room if you can. Let them sniff under the door...and give each cat something that the other has been sleeping on, so they get used to the scent.

I think two days is a little too soon. But they will work it out on their own, it should be better after 3 or 4 days.

hugs
Catty1

joanofark
08-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Thanks so cuch Catty1. :)

UPYDATE: The like eachother! I took a risk and let the kitten out of the cage!! The sniffed noses, then Hobo started to groom Aslan?? Whats that mean?? Does that mean Hobo was tasting him or kissing him, lol??

Zippy
08-11-2006, 10:00 AM
AWW Aslan is so cute.I wasn't surpised that his name ;) My brother loves Hobo's name(told me a few weeks ago thought i would tell you)Remains me of Pumpkin's son Butterscotch

rg_girlca
08-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Wow 2 days just isn't enough time. You have to do a gradual introductions with them. Keep them separate first and rub the kitty with a towel and give it to Hobo to smell and do the same to Hobo for Aslan to smell. Then after a few days, put Aslan on your arm and walk around the house with her and then let Hobo smell her rear as this is how they get to know each other. After a few more days, under supervision, let them meet each other. It is only normal that some hissing will go on. After a period of time, they will get use to each other.

Both your cats are adorable orangies.

Good luck. :)

OOPPSSSS sorry, I just saw your update of Hobo grooming Aslan. This means that Hobo has accepted Aslan into the home. But don't be too surprised if Aslan gets agitated by this, as widdle ones do not like to be held down when all they want to do is play. :D

Husky_mom
08-11-2006, 04:04 PM
awww suah a cutie!!! love his name too!!! glad to hear they are warming up, grooming seems a nice step forward.......keep the good work and give us more pics.......love your siggy pic :D

catmandu
08-11-2006, 06:58 PM
All Cats hiss when they see a new Face, they are reminding the new comer just exactly who the boss is in your house.
I am betting that soon you will have an Orangie Dynamic Duo.

I_luv_rusty
08-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Congratz Hope they keep getting alone, and you can keep them :)

Sevaede
08-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Aww, they are both such sweet pretty kitties! :D So adorable! :D

The hissing on Hobos part reminds me of my one year old male cat, Soni. When we were introducing Lily (foster) to him, he would walk up to her and sniff, then hiss, give one lick, then hiss, and so on. It's pretty funny.