View Full Version : Looks like Candy has a home!

wolfsoul
08-10-2006, 09:07 PM
I've decided on the home in Alberta. :) They train dogs for bomb/drug detection and protection, so they often have Belgians coming in from Europe, but the lady wants a dog she can keep as a family pet. Her 12 year old loves Belgians but none of the working Belgians they get are good with children, so Candy is good for them because she loves kids. The lady's husband would also like a demo-dog for obedience. They live on an entirely fenced ranch and often have foster dogs that Candy can play with, and they have a little yorkie that loves to play with the big dogs. They want to bring her to Texas with them in October where they will spay her as they have a good vet down there that offers a discount. They are going to drive here and pick her up. Now all I need is for Marla to say agree with me. Basically she's still the technical owner of Candy so it's her last decision.

You wouldn't believe some of the crazies I've gotten emails from. I got emails from people who thought that because they emailed me, they automatically get her. A couple of people already arranged for a pet transportation service to come pick her up! I had pet transport people emailing me saying that they are supposed to come get her, blah blah. It's ridiculous the amount of people I had to weed through..But it shows that people really do look at Petfinder! The next fosters I have will definatly be put on Petfinder, and I have two foster kittens left that are going up there right away. :eek:

dukedogsmom
08-10-2006, 09:09 PM
That is great news! Being in law enforcement, I think it's super cool she's going to be a bomb or drug dog. I hope everything works out alright.

dappledoxie
08-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Sounds wonderful! :D I think it will be an awesome home for her, plus she may end up with several very interesting jobs to do. :)

Karen
08-10-2006, 09:19 PM
And a busy Candy will be a happy Candy! :) It really does sound ideal.

Toby's my baby
08-10-2006, 10:03 PM
That is great!! I hope it all works out for Candy! :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-10-2006, 11:02 PM
That's great Jordan! I hope Candy enjoys her new home, though I'm sure she will :) They sound like a wonderful family for her.