PDA

View Full Version : Need help *FAST* *UPDATE WITH PICS* page 2

Toby's my baby
08-10-2006, 08:45 PM
My dad had his wild animal trap set, and this is what he caught....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Tobysmybaby/FirstpicswithS2524.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Tobysmybaby/FirstpicswithS2525.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Tobysmybaby/FirstpicswithS2526.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Tobysmybaby/FirstpicswithS2527.jpg

Do I just let him/ her go on our farm, and risk the poor kitten being hurt..or worse? He/She is scared, but I wouldnt call it "faral". It is shaking, because it is so terrified.

It is just a kitten, so I'm sure it could learn to trust humans, since it doesn't.

I've fed it, and it has more food and water. I also put a bed in the trap. I haven't taken it out of the trap though...shoud I? There isn't a place that I could keep it, except my room where it could be away from the other animals. Should I let it go in my room tonight?? What do I do??!?!

I've also pet him through the wires, and it just sat there...

zoey
08-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Did you forget a link or a pic, perhaps? :confused:

Toby's my baby
08-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Oops...sorry. :p I edited the original...

more pictures comming soon..

RedHedd
08-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Poor little thing. Keep him/her safe in your room. Keep the environment quiet, warm and safe.

Karen
08-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Leave it in the cage, poor thing, and drape a towel over the end, so it has a good "hidey cave," as it sounds completely terrified. Don't expect it to eat while you are looking. Maybe also put a soft toy in there for it to snuggle. Then tomorrow morning, you can ask around, see if anyone is missing a kitty ...

Toby's my baby
08-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Do I just let it go out of the cage?? Do I bring in an old dog kennel and put a new bed, food and water in there, but leave it open so it has somewhere to go?? Do I put a litter box up?

It's out in my grandpa's shop right now, in the trap.

Karen
08-10-2006, 09:02 PM
I'd only let it go into a kennel if you are sure it won't escape somewhere during transfer. But put a box or something in there so it can hide and rest. You can put a litter box in there, though it may not have a clue what its for, if it's a feral ...

Toby's my baby
08-10-2006, 09:06 PM
So put it in a kennel, in my room, with a box with a towel? a litter box, food and water?

What if I can't find the kennel?? :o

Should I handle him at all??

rg_girlca
08-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Oh my gosh, what an absolutely adorable tabby kitty.

I agree with keeping her/him in the cage for now with a towel partly over it.

The cage looks big enough if you could put a little litter box in there along with a little bed or box with a blanket for it to sleep in.

What are your plans for these little one?

Toby's my baby
08-10-2006, 09:10 PM
HOPEFULLY keep it. When I went in the house after seeing him, my dad said "no" before I even said anything. :rolleyes: BUT he also said that with Maggie, Autumn, AND C.P :p so.... :D

My grandpa also came and saw him, and said "we'll become friends" so if my grandpa likes him, there is no rehoming him. If he doesn't work out, I'll rehome him or foster him or something. We have the finances to take on another kitty, so one more shouldn't hurt. :p

rg_girlca
08-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Oh we were posting at the same time.

If you are able to keep the kitty in the kennel, it would be better all around as it would probably just stay hidden under your bed. It looks pretty scared so I wouldn't advice trying to pick it up as you wouldn't want to risk getting bitten or badly scratched.

Use your own judgement in regards to picking it up. You said that you were able to pet it through the bars and it just sat there. Some rescue people use a pillow case to transport rescues. Maybe you could try that. If you can, try and get the pillow case over the kitty and when it goes to bolt, scoop up the pillow case and make sure you keep a tight hold on it. This way it would be easier for you to transfer it from the trap to the kennel.

Good luck and bless you for doing all you can to help this precious kitty.

I just read your reply and I hope you are able to keep it so we can see it grow into a beautiful mature cat. He/she has such a sweet face.

Toby's my baby
08-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Didn't get to read this until now. The kitten looks a LOT bigger in the pictures than it actually is. I did handle it. It is VERY VERY sweet. I picked it up with gloves on first, and it didn't even try to get away. I took the gloves off and set it down, and it just sat in my lap and purred...so maybe it has been handled?? :confused: I brought him in the house, fed him a bit more, put a littler box in the kennel, and water. I sat with him for about 20 min. and he purred and wandered around a little bit. It is still warry of doors shutting and stuff like that. I locked it in the kennel for now, and I told everyone at my house to leave it alone until tomorrow, so it can settle in.

Thankfully, my mom did help me get a litterbox and food and water ready, so she can't be too terribly against the idea of keeping it. :)

Keep your fingers crossed it all works out!

Names...?? ;)

Sevaede
08-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Aww, thank you for helping the kitty. I think the kitty is saying, "keep me, you did a good job of taking care of me!"

Now, boy or girl? Let's think of names! :D

rg_girlca
08-10-2006, 10:15 PM
AWWWWWWW how adorable. Well it is obvious that it isn't a feral kitty or else you would not have been able to handle it so easily. You keep saying "Him", is it confirmed now that it is a he.
That was so nice of your Mom to help you out and get the kitty what he needs.

Fingers, toes and paws crossed here that you are able to keep him.

As for names, these are a few that I could think of...Chance, because you will be giving him a chance at a good, safe life.
Sunny, as he has brightened up your day.

Any chance on getting more pictures of this darling.

I think that is a very good idea to leave this little one alone for the night to settle in. :)

AbbyMom
08-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Thank you so much for keeping this baby safe!

Now..about that name...we'd better think of one quick so that kitty knows she's a keeper! ;)

We don't really know if kitty is a boy or a girl, do we?

Catty1
08-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Awww, SO cute!

But just make sure he doesn't belong to anyone else...IF he does, they'd be sick with worry!

I don't want to ruin your chances (LOL) of keeping him - but just imagine if it was you missing that dear little cat!

But you said you would check into any owners tomorrow, so that's good.

I kinda hope there AREN'T any! :D

Toby's my baby
08-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Ack.. that was dumb...I dont know if it is a he or a she...I'll check tomorrow. :p

Be thinking of names though! :D

I'll get more pictures of "it" tomorrow. I have weight lifting right away in the morning, but check back tomorrow afternoon!

krazyaboutkatz
08-11-2006, 12:58 AM
The kitten sure is a cutie pie and I sure hope that you'll be able to keep him/her.:) If it's a girl I'd name her Summer because you got her during the summer. If it's a boy you could name him August or Gus for short. As Lorraine said, Chance is always a great name too and so is Lucky. I'm sure you'll come up with a great name.:)

Reachoutrescue
08-11-2006, 01:01 AM
I HAVE HAD MUCH EXPERIENCE WITH FEREL CATS. MAKE SURE YOU PUT A LITTER BOX IN IT'S NEW CAGE/DWELLING. IT IS FELINE'S NATURAL INSTINCT TO COVER THEIR STUFF. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT LET IT BITE YOU, IT PROBABLY HAS NOT HAD SHOTS. TO TRANSFER THE FELINE, JUST PUT THE TRAP INTO THE CAGE, OPEN THE TRAP, BUT MAKE SURE THERE IS NO WAY IT CAN ESCAPE. IF YOU BOND WITH IT DAILY, IT WILL ADAPT FAST, IT IS YOUNG. IF YOU NEED A PLACE FOR IT, AND IF YOU ARE CLOSE TO ME, I CAN BRING IT TO MY RESCUE.

Toby's my baby
08-11-2006, 07:32 AM
All is perfect this morning! :)

The kitty USED the litter box. :D It is eatting and drinking fine. One question though, do I keep feeding it, as it finishes its food, or limit its intake? If limited, how much food?

When I came downstairs today, my parents said we could keep it, but it had to be outside. :rolleyes: If I let it go outside, it's obviously going to run away, especially with two other cats that go outside and three dogs. :mad: I'm going to try and explain that it has to stay in the house for a while, to settle down, and just keep it up in my room, and hopefully they'll forget about it. :cool: :p Keep your toes and fingers crossed that this little one gets to stay safely in the house.

Also, my dad said that there are three more kittens...when he went and got the trap where it was set, two more were hanging out beside it. He is going to trap those ones, and bring them home too! :D I'm not going to push for 4 kittens to stay in the house, but hopefully at least one will get to. We have apropriate housing outside too. We have a "Cat House" that is two stories, top story is a two bedroom thing, and the bottom is a sunroom where the food is. Wish us luck on everything!

I haven't decided on a name yet though, if forgot to check the sex of it. :o AGAIN... :p

GreyhoundGirl
08-11-2006, 07:49 AM
You should name it Adorable. Because you could never find a name that fits him/her better ! :)

LittleOrangeKitten
08-11-2006, 08:11 AM
Well, did your grandpa trap it in the forest? If so, be it a male or female, you could name the kitty Forrest (adding an "r' to be different). And it is an adorable baby! The best of luck and bless you for having a warm heart toward animals.

LittleOrangeKitten
08-11-2006, 08:14 AM
...my my - we all just love babies, don't we? By the time I had posted my response about the name, there were so many posts mine came up on page two! LOL Looks like that baby will have its pick of names and plenty of love!

catmandu
08-11-2006, 08:46 AM
I would put a litter box in the acge , and keep her in there until she gets her bearings, and is calm enough where she will trust you.
You have a Do It Yourself Cat Kit there.
Take a Kitten, add Food , Water and Love and you will have one Gorgeous Tabby Cat.
The Found Cats and I are praying for You and your New Princess.

Lizzie
08-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Congratulations on your new kitten! A feral kitten even smaller than that would not allow you to touch it, so it has been handled though it might not have spent time inside.

Kittens should be free fed until they are about 6 months old, and even up to a year is fine. They are like teenage humans, very fast metabolism and rapid growth, so they need plenty of good food. Use kitten food if you can, it is higher in fat.

Toby's my baby
08-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks everyone!

As soon as my mom leaves the kitty is comming up to my room. She is using the litter box in the kennel just fine. :D

Me and my mom both agree that it is a girl, but I'm not 100%. ... I'm not good at telling the sex of cats. :o

I was thinking Charli/Charlee/Charly/Charley I can't get that name out of my head!! I'm still open for suggestions!!

New pictures comming soon, I'll add them to this thread. :)

Toby's my baby
08-11-2006, 02:53 PM
I let the kitty go in my room next to its water, food and litter box. The first thing it did was sit down next to the litter box. I didn't notice anything untill I smelt something awful :p and she had urinated and pooed on my carpet :rolleyes: ug...

My mom told me that we really couldn't keep her in the house, so I had to let her outside. She is in the cat house right now, with fresh food and water, and a bed. I hope she sticks around, especially since we will hopefully be bringing home her brothers and sisters.

Here are a few new pictures I took of her:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Tobysmybaby/FirstpicswithS2586.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Tobysmybaby/FirstpicswithS2609.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Tobysmybaby/FirstpicswithS2610.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Tobysmybaby/FirstpicswithS2615.jpg

more comming...

Toby's my baby
08-11-2006, 02:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Tobysmybaby/FirstpicswithS2613.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Tobysmybaby/FirstpicswithS2628.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Tobysmybaby/FirstpicswithS2603.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Tobysmybaby/FirstpicswithS2605.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Tobysmybaby/FirstpicswithS2607.jpg

I really want her to be an inside cat, and it so happens that it is my best friends birthday tomorrow... ;) My best friend Kylie, adores cats, so I'm going to see if she wants her. Of course I'll have to make sure it is ok with her parents first, since she lives at home. If not, the girl will stay here, and reside on our farm (hopefully with her brothers and sisters forever. :D

aki
08-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwww! I LOVE her and LOVE the name Charlie!

Too cute! She can't escape from there can she?

*squish*

~Aki :D

Barbara
08-11-2006, 03:16 PM
She looks so sweet and adorable. It would be worth to look at her and put her in the litterboy whenever you think she's getting nervous... Kitties of that age are easily to train. One or two days of watching should do it.

I love her. If she has brothers and sisters you'll have to find homes. Your family is very nice but 4 teenage kitties is a tough thing :)

rg_girlca
08-11-2006, 03:26 PM
I also like the names you have chosen for her and those pictures of her are just too darn adorable. She has such beautiful clear healthy looking eyes.

Now this is just my opinion, but I feel so sad that your mom won't allow her to say inside. She is too small to be outside. Also, if you are planning on bringing home her siblings, they will HAVE to be spayed/neutered as you know what will happen if they aren't. :eek:

My widdle Willy also had accidents the first day he was here and all I did was about every hour, put him in his litter box and take his front paws and swoosh them in the litter. It didn't take him long to figure it out what to do. :)

I pray that your friend is able to take this sweet thing and keeps her as an inside cat.

jazzcat
08-11-2006, 03:29 PM
What a cutie!!! Any chance she belongs to someone already or do you think she and her siblings were dumped since she isn't feral? Just wondering.

Toby's my baby
08-11-2006, 03:39 PM
What a cutie!!! Any chance she belongs to someone already or do you think she and her siblings were dumped since she isn't feral? Just wondering.

Actually, she was trapped at my dad's aunts farm. She has a bunch of stray cats up there, and she wanted on, and was trying to get them to come inside. :rolleyes: There is no way in #e!! I would let that women take one of the kittens. We took her other cat away because she would FORCE its face in a water bowl :rolleyes: She isn't the brightest crayon in the box...she BOUGHT THE CAT A MALT at McDonalds on the way home from a vet visit, and got angry when the cat wouldn't drink out of the straw. :mad:

I'm pretty sure she is ok with humans, because my dad's aunt has been leaving food out for them all the time, and she has probably seen my great aunt a few times.

Soapets
08-11-2006, 07:42 PM
What an absolutely ADORABLE little baby kitty! I was going to suggest the name "Trapper" if it is a boy. If it's a girl, "Charli" would be a cute name. Or "Charlie" if it's a boy---I think the spelling makes it more feminine if it just has an "i" with no "e" at the end.

I can't wait to see pictures of the others. ONE of them HAS to be a boy, that can be named "Trapper"! (For some reason, I'm stuck on that name for a little boy kitty caught in a trap!) :)

Keep us posted!

Deb

Sevaede
08-11-2006, 09:16 PM
How about...

Horizon
Freya
Brighton
Cheri (share-ee)
Sonic
Delaney
Dempsey

shais_mom
08-11-2006, 11:57 PM
what a cute baby!
will be looking forward to uppiedates!

moosmom
08-12-2006, 04:49 AM
Okay, I'm going to play devil's advocate here. I think the kitty is absolutely adorable and I commend you for helping her out. HOWEVER, the most important thing you need to do it get the cat spayed/neutered. Otherwise you will have alot more kitties on your hands to worry about.

catfamily
08-12-2006, 05:24 AM
What a PRETTY little girl you have there.I sure hope your dad can trap the rest of them before the others get hurt or preganant.
Thank You for caring so much about her and the others :)
Sounds like you have a nice place for them at your home ;)