PDA

View Full Version : Finally....

sparks19
08-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Teddy showed some interest in a big hunk of raw chicken lol. I gave him the chicken thigh whole and he wasn't too interested in it for a while and then I kinda shredded up the chicken so it was dangly and he showed a little more interest but I had to be holding it. So I threw it thinking he will go after it and pick it up. Well he did but he had the whole thing in his mouth. I think he was just going to carry it somewhere but I got nervous and thought he might swallow it whole lol so I grabbed it from him (he's good like that. I can take anything from him at any time. I started that when he was a pup.) and made him chew it while I held onto it. he seemed to like that idea better and went to town.

He ate all the chicken and the crunched up the bone really well. it was pretty soft. There were some crunchy parts but it was like just an outer shell till he got to the good stuff inside the bone (Gross) lol

this was his first big hunk of raw anything and I was worried he might get sick but he has been fine Hasn't had a poop yet which is normal for him so I don't think he has the runs lol YAAAAY

CathyBogart
08-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Yay! Holding it while he chews off bits is a GREAT idea, especially if he's like my Star and tends to gulp down huge amounts of food. :) hopefully now that he knows it's good stuff, he can get the hang of the "tearing off little pieces" part.

Roxyluvsme13
08-10-2006, 11:28 AM
w00t, Teddy! :D My dogs loooove Raw chicken, but I have to tear it/break it up for Lily, and it absolutely has to be thawed. Roxy likes it frozen :).

sparks19
08-10-2006, 01:10 PM
I have another drumstick waiting for him in the fridge :D

Also I have all the gizzards YUCK. I gave him a tiny piece of liver and he spit it out LOL. I will get my husband to try feeding him the rest cause it's really gross lol and I'm queasy lol

zoomer
08-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Sw33t Teddy! Nummmy! :p