PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #172 - Make your wishes come true

slick
08-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Going to try this so get your bags packed, folks.

We are going on a virtual field trip but this is something special. Everyone is to post something that they've always wanted to do but never taken the time. Well, now is the time. I'm sure this will take us all around the world. Ever wanted to climb the Tower of Pizza? Let's go to Italy. Always wanted to see the Vatican?? Well, let's make a stop there while we are at it. Or how about that burning desire to walk across the Great Wall of China?? Well, let's go.

Me?? I've always wanted to swim with the dolphins and the whales or take a long hot air balloon ride. So who wants to join me?

So, what are your wishes??? Let's make them come true, right here, right now.

Oh yes, and just to make this an official Thursday, that "seement" mixer that Gini brought last week is still out back and empty. I'll start now and get that thing refilled. I have a feeling there are going to be some thirsty travellers among us. :D

Pawsitive Thinking
08-10-2006, 10:45 AM
I'll swim with you and the dolphins. Can we go to see the Galapagos turtles too? and a safari?

Killearn Kitties
08-10-2006, 10:50 AM
I'd love a swim with you while I compile my long list of places I want to go. You've got to promise me something though. You've not to laugh at what my hair does under water.

critter crazy
08-10-2006, 10:51 AM
OOOO.....I would love to swim with the dolphins!!! I would also love to go on an african safari, and an outback tour!!! Heck why dont we just travel the World???:D

Cataholic
08-10-2006, 11:17 AM
I want to go to Stone Henge. Always have, I am so intrigued by it.

Edwina's Secretary
08-10-2006, 11:34 AM
I have wanted to see Pompei since I first read about it in 7th grade.

I'll have a chianti with that please....

Dorothy39
08-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Have always wanted to see the Great Pyramids in Egypt, The Great Sphinx, The Statue of LIberty, Niagra Falls, The Battlegrounds of the American Civil War, President Lincolns' Memorial, and a pineapple field in Hawaii!!!!

I think I will get onto a cyberspace jet now instead!!!! Where to now :rolleyes:

Any Vodka Slushies in that "Sement mixer?" :rolleyes:

GreyhoundGirl
08-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Lets go to Russia to see the russian dancers.

And I can find anyone ANYWERE near me who can proof-read my story that I wrote in russian. ( I think I'm going to give up writing russian stories, because I never know if I spell things right. :rolleyes: )

Dorothy39
08-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Yeah, those Russian Dancers!!!!! Ever tried doing that one??? :D

HEY!!!! (boom!!) Ouch!!!!! :D

Corinna
08-10-2006, 12:10 PM
I'll ride the balloon with you as far as Zermitt Switzerland at christmas . No cars and all kinds of food and SHOPPING. Chocolates and cheese dishes (the heck with a diet) You can ride a tram to the Italinan border and go more SHOPPING. Great idea to get out of the bar for a thursday.
I have done the whale thing it is really frecking cool. Was in a canoe with hubby in Washington (8 months Preg) . An Orca with her baby came up and let me pet her and her baby. I didn't even think twice about it was sooooooo cool.

RedHedd
08-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Ever wanted to climb the Tower of Pizza? A Tower of Pizza? Where? Is that what's for lunch? With anchovies, please :p Will Domino's deliver the whole tower? :D Uh, oh .... Mario's climbing the Tower! :eek:

RedHedd
08-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Have always wanted to see the Great Pyramids in Egypt, The Great Sphinx, The Statue of LIberty, Niagra Falls, The Battlegrounds of the American Civil War, President Lincolns' Memorial, and a pineapple field in Hawaii!!!! One of my dreams - to go to Egypt to see the Great Pyramids, King Tut's tomb, the Great Sphinx. I went to a party on Ellis Island and danced under the Statue of Liberty, went to Niagara Falls last year (beautiful!), been to Pearl Harbor in Hawaii and the pineapple fields. Dream destination is Tahiti.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-10-2006, 12:52 PM
I've always wanted to go to Poland and Norway. I'm part Polish, Norwegian, German and Bohemian. I've been to Germany and where in the world is Bohemia? So my best bet is to get to Poland and Norway yet. Chances are slim I'll get to either one because Terry says "Why in the world would anyone want to go to Poland?" :rolleyes:

Other than that, my biggest wish was to have a log cabin in the woods someplace....on a hill....one of those prairie style houses....not like Frank Lloyd Wright prairie, but prairie like with the nice big front porch....facing West....with a rocking chair or two....so I can sit in my rocking chair with a kitty or two in my lap sipping slushies and watching the sunset. After the sun has set, I'll go inside next to the roaring fire in the fieldstone fireplace and continue sipping that slushie while I sit in another rocking chair with a good book.....and a kitty or two on my lap.

I've had that vision in my head - like - forever!

Slick, Terry swam with the Dolphins in Florida. It was in a confined area, not just in the ocean, but he thought it was one of the coolest things he's ever done and he'd do it again in a heart beat! I thought the funniest part was when he and the other guy donned their skin tight wet suits! Bwwaaaahhhhaaahhaaaaahaaaha...hee hee.... :D

sparks19
08-10-2006, 01:25 PM
I want to do a tour of Europe. :D Maybe hit Australia if we have the time. :D

smokey the elder
08-10-2006, 01:49 PM
I want to tour the Roof of the World (Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan, etc.) in the Himalayas. I want to see the Buddhist monestaries in particular.

Dorothy39
08-10-2006, 01:59 PM
One of my dreams - to go to Egypt to see the Great Pyramids, King Tut's tomb, the Great Sphinx. I went to a party on Ellis Island and danced under the Statue of Liberty, went to Niagara Falls last year (beautiful!), been to Pearl Harbor in Hawaii and the pineapple fields. Dream destination is Tahiti.
You lucky bumm!!! I envy you. I still want to see King Tuts Tomb myself.

I can almost hear the roaring water of Niagara Falls as I type, and I would faint if I cast my eyes upon The Statue of Liberty-- as for Pearl Harbor!!! :eek:

I will now close my eyes and pretend that I am at that memorial of the U.S. Arizona!!!! :o (our other, 9/11)

Randi
08-10-2006, 02:05 PM
I'd love to swim with the dolphins ... if I can hang on to someone who's a good swimmer. LOL! Or I could float on my back - if there are no waves.

An African safara sounds just right too. Would love to stay at Londalozi where John were in the eighties - he got an offer there though family.

I've never been to Italy, but I don't think it's the worst place in the world ... apart from the Italiens. ;) Sara, I'll share a bottle with you! :D

Also, I'd really love to sail all along the Thames, stopping for a while in Henley.

To wind even more down after that, how about we all book ourselves in hotel Hacienda na Xamena in Ibiza for a week! :D
http://www.hotelhacienda-ibiza.com/home_en.html

For now, I'll take a cuppa Earl Grey.

mruffruff
08-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Could we please take a hike to the Mayan Pyramids? I've always wanted to see them up close.

gini
08-10-2006, 03:08 PM
An African Safari - I have always wanted to go to Africa. I think I would shed many tears of joy to see all of the animals in their natural habitat.

I need a nice tall cool drink right now - can't think of what to order though.

RedHedd
08-10-2006, 03:58 PM
An African Safari - I have always wanted to go to Africa. I think I would shed many tears of joy to see all of the animals in their natural habitat. Ooh! Me too! Me too! However I think the closest I will get is a visit to Safari West up here in Northern California. As for swimming with the Dolphins, our Marine World has that and my cell-mate at work has done it. It's pricey, but you get to spend a day swimming with the dolphins AND whales.

How's our Tower of Pizza doing? Did everyone have some lunch?

RedHedd
08-10-2006, 04:07 PM
I can almost hear the roaring water of Niagara Falls as I type, I tripped and fell getting onto the Maiden of the Mist boats and broke my camera just before we went under the falls. I did get several nice pics with my cell phone, though, and now it's my cell phone's "wallpaper."

catland
08-10-2006, 06:58 PM
You all have such great ideas.

One of my choices would be the Northern lights in Alaska or Northern Canada.

wolflady
08-10-2006, 07:20 PM
An African Safari - I have always wanted to go to Africa. I think I would shed many tears of joy to see all of the animals in their natural habitat.

I need a nice tall cool drink right now - can't think of what to order though.

How about a Mojito:
- Add a small handful of mint leaves to the bottom of glass
- Add 1 tsp of sugar
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
-- Muddle the mint with the sugar and lime (small it up to release the flavor)
-- Add 2 oz of good golden rum
-- Add ice and top with club soda

These are very refreshing summer drinks that a few PT ladies introduced me to at last year's PT gathering! :D

Slick, I would love to go swimming with the dolphins with you! If you plan on doing that in southern CA, do let me know and I'll make the trip! ;)

For me, places I dream to visit include Ireland (particularly County Galway where my mom's side of the family is from) and to India to see the Taj Mahal.

**hugs**

VTJess03
08-10-2006, 10:14 PM
How about a nice, relaxing Alaskan cruise/train tour. All-inclusive, of course, so I don't have to lift a finger (except for the one poised over my camera button). :)

zippy-kat
08-10-2006, 10:35 PM
I've always wanted to swim with the dolphins and the whales or take a long hot air balloon ride. So who wants to join me?

2006 Balloon Fiesta (Albuquerque, NM) (http://www.balloonfiesta.com/)

Just say when and the Zip-mobile will be waitin' on ya'll at the Albq. airport!

RICHARD
08-11-2006, 05:17 AM
gotta gp woth Machu Pichu.

lbaker
08-11-2006, 07:38 AM
Richard is gp woth'ing in Machu Pichu? :eek: What's in that ceeement mixer anyway?? Northern Lights are for me... just make sure there is a comfy, warm cabin with a huge roaring fire afterward. I don't do cold very well but would chance it just to see the Lights :cool: Cold pizza RHedd?? You can keep the fishy things though ;)

Killearn Kitties
08-11-2006, 09:51 AM
I am lucky enough to have gp woth’ed in Machu Picchu three years ago, and while there we received a lecture from our guide, a native Quechuan, about how we always had to be careful to call it Machu Picchu (pronounced peek-choo, meaning old man, after the peak beside it) and not the frequently used Machu Pichu (pronounced peach-oo, meaning old pianist!) :eek:

We were lectured at some length! I have been very careful ever since. ;)

I want to do everything already mentioned!

slick
08-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Yesterday was a busy work day for me...although I did manage to sneak in some personal emails. :rolleyes: :D

I'm running late this morning 'cause I slept in (was dreaming about hot interns). A big DONE! for everyone. Gee, you guys want to travel all over the world....don't know how many planes we'll need but let me think about it.

Zip: Seriously if my health were better, I'd book a flight and meet you in that hot air balloon. If only.... :(

Happy Friday and a round of slushies for everyone! I'll try and check in later.

sparks19
08-11-2006, 10:40 AM
MMMM Slushies. You know after all that travelling yesterday I am really just craving a lazy day by the bar and the pool :D Anyone care to join me lol

Dorothy39
08-11-2006, 11:21 AM
You can count on me kiddo!!!! Keep that sement mixer loaded with plenty of ice. I'll even bring my GI-TAR.

Any requests? (Sets down glass and reaches for git fiddle)

RICHARD
08-11-2006, 02:11 PM
I am lucky enough to have gp woth’ed in Machu Picchu three years ago

LOLOLOL,
My lamp above my bed burned out so I put the Halogen light from my desk to replace it...

I type by touch so it just proves that I cannot type......Plus I can't see!

Plus I know that Eddie will jump up on that shelf, knocking the lamp onto my body somehow.....

Then I'll make that trip to the hospital I always dread...

I think I'll stay back at the bar and direct the travelers.

Killearn Kitties
08-11-2006, 04:28 PM
No no no no no! You have to come with us wherever we go! We are not leaving you behind.
How would we get sluchies on our travels??? :eek: :D

lbaker
08-11-2006, 05:16 PM
BREAKING NEWS!! New dance craze hits West Coast.... started at some weird bar by a monkeys' uncle...LADIES AND GENTLEMEN... THE GP WOTH!! :D :D And everyone dances whilst drinking a sluchie :p Let's face it folks, you can't get away with @%$# at this bar @ "I love this bar" :p

catland
08-11-2006, 07:56 PM
I'd like another seement mixer sloshishie please. I'm dizzy from the safari and the thin air of machuu peekachu.

oh my - I think I better lye down for a while.

RedHedd
08-11-2006, 08:47 PM
I'd like another seement mixer sloshishie please. I'm dizzy from the safari and the thin air of machuu peekachu.

oh my - I think I better lye down for a while.:D The visit to the leaning Tower of Pizza did me in - I tried to climb it to get the topmost piece.

May I lye donw next tew yoo?

lbaker
08-11-2006, 11:12 PM
wash aut four the 2 ewes RH.. pushmi pull who? :confused: moore shuskies all a round when ewe get a round 2it bartend person :D puleese?

Killearn Kitties
08-12-2006, 03:03 AM
:D :D :D

HA! I just edited my post before reading the new ones. Now I'm going to have to go back and type the typo back in!!! What am I going to put in the "reason for edit" field? The explanation will be considerably longer than the original post!

"Well it's like this. Richard said ... "

Corinna
08-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Whoa ate way to many potaoes and cheese. any one remember to bring the orange kitten back from the tower climb.

lbaker
08-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Little orangie made it just fine... she/he/it luvs those fishy things RH puts on the top :p

RICHARD
08-12-2006, 12:43 PM
I always wanted people to follow me.

It's when they figure out WHERE they are going that the fit hits the shan.

BEEP BEEP BEEP...

backing up the seement mixer!

DONE!

------------------------
On second thought.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikachu (http://)

presenting ...

Macho Pickachu?

gini
08-12-2006, 01:13 PM
I am laughing my head off over the idea that if someone from "the outside world" should stop off here at Thursdays.......what would they think of all of us?

:D :D :D

zippy-kat
08-12-2006, 01:30 PM
BEEP BEEP BEEP...

backing up the seement mixer!

DONE![/SIZE]

Oh come on now! The Thursday seement mixer wouldn't make normal noises... I think it's more like:
PEEP, PEEP, PEEP... :D

Pickachu?
My first thought was, "Pickachu ~ Icey Emu!" (Peek-a-boo! I see you.)

Which made me think:
MR DUCKS
MR NOT DUCKS
OSAR DUCKS....

going back to bed now. :rolleyes: :)

lbaker
08-12-2006, 02:04 PM
"What the heck". "In a pigs eye". But WHY A DUCK? Oh sorry, I was just reading Groucho Marx :o :rolleyes: Fugetabout it Gini... "they" wood nebber unnnersand ;) as a matter of fact, neither do I :confused: By the way Gini, if you were a sofa I would scratch you to pieces too ;)

RedHedd
08-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Which made me think:
M R DUCKS
M R NOT DUCKS
O S A R DUCKS....

going back to bed now. :rolleyes: :)
C M WANGS?

M R DUCKS!

(I didn't think ANYONE else knew that one!) :D

slick
08-12-2006, 04:52 PM
This thread has me so totally lost in the shuffle.....I have no idea where I am or what anyone means.

Just give me a large slushie and I'll be happy. :D

GreyhoundGirl
08-12-2006, 04:57 PM
........... Can we take our pets?..... ( pretending to not know the answer. ;) )

Let's take the sluchies on the London Eye !

And lets :p some ice cream !

AND We should see the new movie Zoom.

Lets watch the movie zoom on the london eye while eating slushies and ice cream. Yum. WITH many dogs cats, gilly things, and other curious creatures with us. ;) Sound like fun to me.

And best of all...... An ice-cold Pina Colada. ( With no rum in mine of course. :p )

gini
08-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Gilly things..........I like that!

We have lots of silly things we take along with us - but have we ever taken gilly things?

Well, it is about time.

A very LARGE Slushie for Slick. Drink it, come back and read all of the posts and I am sure it will all make sense to you then. :D :D

Laurie, I am very happy that you are NOT a sofa!

Oh heavens, I hate Saturday chores - cleaning the litter boxes just about did me in.

gini
08-12-2006, 05:07 PM
We had to get rid of the kids... The dogs were alergic. ( He He He ! With thanks to Greyhound Girl!!

Aw, so sorry my cats make you sneeze - bye bye now! :p :p

lbaker
08-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Here is a bedtime thought (for those across the puddle) from the crocodiles of "Pearls before Swine"

"God grant me da serenity to accept da prey me no can catch.
Courage to catch da prey me can.
And da wisdom teef to chew da big ones."

Gini & Slick.. you are my heros.