PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye New York!

sandragonfly
08-10-2006, 08:42 AM
for now. I thought I'd check in .. haven't for a month. we (crayola & I) are on way to the airport and seize california visit while we have free tickets. (10 or 14 days, not sure yet). I just can't wait to see my new (seven months old whom I last saw at six days old) neice, emily and my people .. and to crayola's favorite park!

I already miss my ark .. 10 cats, they're staying with my PA friend. :( :( I don't know, my heart weights pretty good already, being on way. crayola just got back with me (see here (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?t=110469) if you haven't yet) and we're hoping for a good time, at last.

hope you all are having a good summer too. :) bye for now.

JenBKR
08-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Good luck Gina, and have a safe trip! You and Crayola will be in my thoughts and prayers (actually you and the ark always are). ((((hugs))))

Catty1
08-10-2006, 08:54 AM
Have a good visit, Gina - I bet that niece of yours is the cutest in the world, right? :D

Glad to hear the rest of your Ark is ok! They're in good hands - you enjoy your break!

hugs
Catty1

Karen
08-10-2006, 09:08 AM
Take lots of pictures and have a nice time!

lv4dogs
08-10-2006, 10:31 AM
I hope Crayola & you have a great time. Enjoy yourself sweetie.

Craftlady
08-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Hope she gets to fly out today, considering what's going on today.
I would not want to be flying out or into a major airport today.

kuhio98
08-10-2006, 12:51 PM
I hope crayola is up for traveling so soon after being attacked. Poor baby. Have a wonderful vacation. Good luck at the airport!

sandragonfly
08-10-2006, 01:11 PM
still sitting in flight .. crayola did good! was very very nervous/shaky at first when plane started going up. ice cubes have helped him remain calm very much. then unsure again when landing down, loudest but managed to stay by me. :) :)

yeah, the airport in new york was pretty busy, I'm glad I didn't had much of things (gels, lotions, liquids, water, etc) - they were looking for. they took away my carmex lipstick. :(

well, one more flight to go - thanks everyone and will be sure to take a lot of pictures, of course!

off we go again soon..

lv4dogs
08-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Do they let Crayola fly up front with you because he is a service dog? Why would they take away chapstick?

Husky_mom
08-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Have a great trip......and a great time well deserved.......((HUGS)) wishing you the best.......just what you need and deserve (sorry for repeating myself :P)

enjoy!!

Anita Cholaine
08-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Hope you and Crayola have a save trip, and... Enjoy your time in California! ;) (((hugs)))

Almita
08-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Good luck and have a safe trip! We will all be thinking of you when you are gone! Have fun over there and Crayola at the park heh!

sandragonfly
08-10-2006, 02:13 PM
yup, if I want us to. and they had one (preboard) available left for us .. much cooler for crayola! :)

chapstick! thought it wrong. :rolleyes: I guess it's because it contains 'gel' in it .. something happened with terrorists in london today, they could make explosives with them, lotions, liquids, water and such.. :confused:

owhelly..... still waiting for next flight! I think I'll be (if not delayed) land in california by 5:30 (pacific time) . . .

Karen
08-10-2006, 08:30 PM
***corrected below*******

I just talked to Gina via relay. She and Crayola got put on the wrong flight. Despite her pointing out to three seperate attendants that her ticket was for San Jose, they put her on a flight to San Diego. So now her ride is waiting at the airport in San Jose, no idea she's not on that flight, and she's got a 2-hour wait for a flight from San Diego to San Jose, with no way to reach him.

The worst part was the person next to them on the plane from Chicago to San Diego kept kicking Crayola! A Service Dog! On purpose! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Needless to say, they were both pretty miserable on the whole flight.

Prayers on the way for smooth travels the rest of the day.

Catty1
08-10-2006, 08:34 PM
I hope they do have a good flight - and that her friend at the airport is informed on what happened!

I hope someone in charge makes it up to her - like THEY couldn't read the ticket?

Gina deserves to have a BLAST on her holiday after what happened!

hugs to her and Crayola

Karen
08-10-2006, 09:40 PM
All in the name of "Security." She and Crayola are now boarding a flight to San Jose.

Got an eail from Gina, it turns out there were 15+ people also in her situation, they all had to fly to San Diego and then to San Jose for "security reasons."

But on that flight, at least the woman next to her was nice and liked Crayola!

Catty1
08-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Awww...I am so glad to hear that Crayola is being a star and cooed at!

That and Gina's loving ice cubes for him will make this flight a happy one!

HUGS

sandragonfly
08-11-2006, 12:25 PM
WOW, what a day yesterday! http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/furious.gif http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/furious.gif

I don't want say much in details - second flight was just the worst, crayola did a lot better (less shaky) on third flight. I was dearly worried about him all the way, it was his first flight with me. and one 'flight' training for a day should be enough for him, not three! (from 11AM to 8PM). as of waking up in morning, he still IS pooped out, was not in mood to play our an hour ball rountine. going up and down (loudest part), strapped himself onto floor without sliding is scary for him. but did great on last flight especially for after what the guy did yesterday! :mad: just am sooo proud of him, my boy! :) every attendant was impressed with him anyway and loved him. they each made sure he has water but explained them, ice cubes were best so he'd not biled up. that at least helped our horrible day. (in fact, they still have my lost bag!) *groans* ..

finally am 'home', at friend's - because of being late, finally able to get a hold of my friend and came home at 1:30 in the morning! woke up 6AM in eastern time before left for california....still am tired! ah, I'll deal with it. :)

so, let's begin! TODAY, it's a new day .. can't wait to take crayola (if he's up to it, which I am sure later he will in the afternoon) to his ol'disneyland park. ;)

you all have a good week! (((hugs hugs)))