PDA

View Full Version : Betta people, I have a question. Filter question.

My Peanuts
08-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi all, I have a betta that was shipped to me by LuvGold00 in the winter. Typhoon is doing well, but I broke part of his filter. I was using an under gravel filter from another tank in his Mini bow 5 (5 gallon tank) because the current wasn't too strong. The dimensions of his tank are 14.75X9.5. I need a new under gravel plate and tubes. Will this work? Link to Petco filter (http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?R=798&Nav=1&N=0&Ntt=undergravel+filter&sku=689645&familyID=7168&) It says the plates are a little too big. Can I cut them?

What kind of filters do you use in your betta tanks? The bubbler part of the filter is fine; I just need something to connect it to.

Thanks for any help! :)

bckrazy
08-10-2006, 04:31 AM
No filter at all, in my tanks that are 5 gallons or less. =D

When I do use a filter, I like either a corner or sponge filter, or a whisper in-tank filter. Both create very very little current. Didn't your Minibow come with a Whisper in-tank filter? If you use that, set on low, and especially if you add a current killer, that should work well.

My Peanuts
08-10-2006, 11:36 AM
It did come with a whisper filter but it doesn't have a low setting. I think it's too strong for Typhoon. What's a current killer?