PDA

View Full Version : Poor Poor Crayola ..

sandragonfly
08-09-2006, 01:00 AM
sorry it has been us coming back just for prayers lately. I am lonely without my boy for first time in years I've left him at hospital. :( because he is my service dog, he was always by my side everywhere .. anywhere.

today I took him, zephyra and whispers (cats) to a swimming lake, it just was a miserable hot, muggy day for all of us. next thing, large dog ran toward and ripped him really good that had bleed all over himself and me. no question someone would think I've murdered someone.

here's him, waiting for me to throw his stick then suddenly looked at someone behind me
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/d9bd883f.jpg
did not I know all this came out of blue, a vicious dog got on top of my baby boy.

began to bleed like this a bit just after we walked to car and leave.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/127c2e2c.jpg
he was trembly panting, letting me take picture of him while I wait for the owner's information.

whispers cleaned him up a bit as rushing to veteraninary, he was beginning to get lethargic.. :(
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/a3c15d45.jpg
(notice right eye swollened so quickly)

when we arrived, bleeding crazy in chest & by his neckside, he was taken into backroom, sedated immediately, too painful to stay still, and to not yelp, my sweet boy.. they asked me to leave as he wouldn't be able to be picked up until tomorrow afternoon (wednesday).

I left, got a call back an hour later, that he needed stitches without where, how big/much wound(s) were and closed at 6PM...I've not heard anything all night.

please, a comfort for me and us, the ark you could spare while our buddy is gone for a day (I hope, just for a day), would be very much comforted. I miss him very much, so strange he's not around. at all. http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/sigh.gif I will get back to you once crayola gets back to me.

thank you.

Dorothy39
08-09-2006, 03:14 AM
First, I never could have "thought" to take a digital picture of "my dog" after such an altercation!!!! So, you have a better reaction time than I do. :eek: Pictures speak louder than words--- and I tend to agree after viewing your post. :(
and...
I so want to comfort you right now, after what you experienced. :(Praying that your beautiful Crayola will be returned to you safe and sound!)

Pawsitive Thinking
08-09-2006, 03:58 AM
Hugs to you and Crayola

RobiLee
08-09-2006, 05:57 AM
OH no, not Crayola! Oh, I hate hearing this. I adore that boy of yours and if you didn't need him and love him so much I would have stolen him away when I met you both in Findlay ;).

Gina, I'm so sorry that this has happened. I've said a prayer and will keep that sweet boy in my thoughts. Please let us know when he is home and all is well and can you please give him an extra hug from me.

Daisy and Delilah
08-09-2006, 06:45 AM
For goodness sakes Gina!! NO more bad luck for you and your Ark. Poor Crayola--how malicious of that dog to attack that sweetheart. Where was the dog's owner? I realize the dog doesn't know the difference but to attack him is bad enough but a service doggie at that? It's appalling. I feel so bad for both of you. It seems you don't have any good luck. You'll all remain in my thoughts and prayers :( If I can help, please PM me.

Alysser
08-09-2006, 07:24 AM
OMG, Gina and Crayola, I'm so sorry! :( Poor boy, I hope he's okay as soon as possible.

(((Hugs and prayers to Gina))) :(

elizabethann
08-09-2006, 07:41 AM
OMG! Poor Crayola. I hope your pup gets better real soon and is by your side as fast as possible.

Hugs to you & Crayola.

shais_mom
08-09-2006, 08:15 AM
oh my.

cyber-sibes
08-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Poor Crayola! Of course we'll say a prayer for his fast recovery. (((hugs))) . Glad we got to meet your boy - he is such a gentle sweet spirit.

Did the attacking dog's owner show up and give you their info? I certainly hope they are going to pick up the vet bills!!! :mad:

Cinder & Smoke
08-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Hi God ~

Sendin Purrayers for a quick recovery for poor Crayola.

Maybe we otta send him a 4-Leaf Klover ta hang on his Kollar?

Kuld You assign Bridge Kitty Miles to be da Official Look-Out an Alarm
fur Gina, Crayola, anna Ark ...
ta keep a sharp watch out fur http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif Trubbil an *whistle* affore anything BAD happins?
Hope we kan *prevent* anudder disaster!

THANKS, God!

Feel Better QUICK, Crayola!

/s/ the Prayer Pups
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

Husky_mom
08-09-2006, 09:55 AM
Oh God!!! thats awful........poor baby Crayola...........adn you I know how you must feel.......one bad thing after another........but donīt worry everything will be fine and we are here for you no matter what......((HUGS))
wishing a speedy recovery for all (physically, mentally and emotionally)

IRescue452
08-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Poor Crayola. Send him some lovin' from me. That owner needs to control their dog. A dog who attacks without provocation certainly is vicious and I'm sure that person shouldn't be owning a dog. I hope it had all its shots.

Karen
08-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Poor swetie Crayola, I am sure he had no idea this was even coming! Looking forward to hearing that he's back with you and on the mend, poor baby!

Queen of Poop
08-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Oh my!!! Big lump in throat, tears falling. So sorry about Crayola's incident. Hugs to all of you. Prayers that he is safely home with you soon and that his recovery is painless and quick. Poor boy.

Lori Jordan
08-09-2006, 10:09 AM
I am so sorry i'm wishing him the best,Love and prayers sent your way.

Corinna
08-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Prayers for Crayola and you to Gina I know how you depend on him for your ears.

CountryWolf07
08-09-2006, 10:26 AM
OH my gosh! What a horrible thing that's happened to Crayola.. :( Please hug him for me, he's such a sweetheart from what I've seen in your pictures..

kufan
08-09-2006, 10:30 AM
How awful! That poor thing!!! :(

My cousin's dog was attacked in his very own yard while on his chain going to the bathroom. He was hurt so bad he had to undergo three surgerys.

And she was smart enough to take photos of his injury as well - it can help, esp. if you want to persue anything with this other owner. I know, most owner's have no control over their dogs - but sometimes I think you should always chain your dog up in public places - just in case!!

Miss Z
08-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Oh no, not Crayola! From just his pictures I can see what a calm and special boy he is. He must be so brave, in that second photo just after the attack you can tell how hard he is trying to be normal as if nothing happened. I hope he recovers quickly, and this bad luck has to end soon. Gentle kisses to Crayola and big ((hugs)) to you Gina. :(

lv4dogs
08-09-2006, 11:04 AM
Oh Gina I am so sorry to hear about Crayola. He sure doe NOT deserve this. He's such a sweet boy and a mighty special one at that. I hope he comes back home soon & has a speedy recovery. {{{HUGS}}}

jackie
08-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Poor boy, I wish him a speedy recovery and am thinking of you both.

Hugs.

managemysite
08-09-2006, 11:24 AM
My Hopes and Wishes to you Both in this time of need.. I would be dying inside if that happened to my Boy..
I'm glad he'll be ok... Hugs and kisses

BOBS DAD
08-09-2006, 11:38 AM
PRAYERS FOR CRAYOLA!!! He's a tough guy. He'll be back into the swing of things in no time!

Maybe I somehow missed in the thread, but did an OWNER show up? And what is going to come of it all?

Flatcoatluver
08-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Awww ((HUGGIES))
Prayers and thoughts for crayola.

My Peanuts
08-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Poor Crayola! I'm so sorry this happened. Very scary. Prayers fot Crayola and for you, Gina.

pitc9
08-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Hugs and prayers for you & Crayola!!!

sparks19
08-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Oh my goodness. I hope Crayola gets on the mend. I'm sure he will be better in no time. Poor boy :( I will be watching for news.

I hope you have been in contact with the owner. What have they said? are they going to pay your vet bills?

Zippy
08-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Poor Crayola :( Crayola and You will be in my prayers.

CathyBogart
08-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Oh NO! Poor Crayola! You are in my thoughts, please get better soon big boy, your mom needs you!

Suki Wingy
08-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Poor poor boy! Sending good vibes your way Crayola, feel better soon! :(

lizbud
08-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Poor Crayola. :) He is such a beautiful sweetheart & I'm so sorry he was
injured.Hope he's feeling better soon with no lasting harm done.

captain
08-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Crayola,

HUGS and KISSES darlin.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

{{{{hugs}}}} to you too, Gina

Toby's my baby
08-09-2006, 10:46 PM
O my gosh, I am so sorry this happend to you and sweet Crayola! :( I hope he heals quickly.

{{HUGS}} to both of you, and prayers comming your way.

K9karen
08-09-2006, 10:47 PM
*Cringes* OMG Gina! I'm stunned and angry and sad. Poor Cayola. Poor you. Do you have legal recourse? Sending you both gentle cyber hugs. Sure wish I lived closer to help you.

anna_66
08-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Oh Gina:(

How hard it must be to not have that sweet boy of yours at home with you right now. I'll be praying for a speedy return and recovery for Crayola.

BIG (((HUGS)))
Anna

dukedogsmom
08-09-2006, 11:28 PM
I just now saw this. Poor Crayola. Please give that sweetie some lovin' from me and let us know how he's doing. I hope you can take proper recourse on the person that allowed this to happen.

I_luv_rusty
08-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Hope Crayola is OK. I'll be thinking about him :D

Karen
08-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Crayola is back with Gina, complete with 7 stitches, poor baby. But he was very happy to see her, as was she to have her Golden Heartbeat/Service Dog/Friend Extraordinaire back. I'm sure she'll want to tell you more when she gets a chance, but wanted to update everyone a little.

dukedogsmom
08-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Thanks Karen. I know she must have missed him terribly.

sandragonfly
08-10-2006, 02:16 AM
where I am, coverage sucks, sorry. (I use pager to post on pet talk). I finally am at a friend's, using this computer now.

update: all for blood he had bleed over, yikes - she only found two (1/2 inch) eartip spilts, that bleed really good and made us really thought his neck/chest actually ripped off. sewn that both up seven stitches total. thank god, all good, clean.

one tooth punctured right into the corner of his eye, swelling all went away now, just to keep an eye on it for infection.

we also think he was snarled at (bitten) twice, eight punctured wounds on his muzzle/head. :( poor him. but most importantly, this happy, happy golden boy was happy to be back with us and all seems fine for him. I'm so glad he is back with me, under my wings before we are leaving for california (for a refresh start) in less than eight hours.

about the woman, please don't get upset at this owner. she's very sweet, came up to me before I could ask for her contact info, felt all bad about this, been emailing me "how crayola's doing??", insisted me to give her my address for bill help when I told her to just not worry about it. she just had that dog, and was training her, didn't mean to let her go.

thank you everyone again - prayers worked, we are so happy again. :) ((((golden hugs & slurpy kisses)))) to all. hope to see you all again in ol'good sunny state.

AdoreMyDogs
08-10-2006, 08:52 AM
I am so glad everything is ok. Seeing pictures of that golden angel broke my heart. Crayola continues to have a kind, gentle, loving expression despite all the trauma and blood. What a precious dog. I am so glad everything is ok with that precious baby.

pitc9
08-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Glad to hear he's going to be fine!
Hugs to the entire Ark!
I wish you all a safe trip to CA!

finn's mom
08-10-2006, 09:01 AM
I'm glad it wasn't a worse injury. And, that Crayola is back home.

lv4dogs
08-10-2006, 09:06 AM
I'm so glad to hear that he's back with you, safe & sound. He's lucky that the injuries were not worse. Yous will be in my thoughts for a safe trip. I wish you & the ark the very best of luck!!!

ramanth
08-10-2006, 09:27 AM
Jeez!!! Poor Crayola. Hope he heals up quickly. I'm glad the other owner is taking responsibility.

sandragonfly
08-12-2006, 04:56 AM
really want to thank you all again for thoughts! we love you.

update on crayola so far, in despite of being attacked, on three first monster flights in a day, on loud rusty BART (another word, train) today for an hour, he has been doing just excellent. at his best. I had him at his favorite (disneyland) park today, he ran, chase, played with other doggies as nothing have spooked him. it was a big relief! his eye and bitten marks all went away. :eek: (miracle medicine??) sutures will dissolve in 10-20 days .. I love my sweet boy, so proud of him - he also loved all of your golden xoxxo's. :)

(((thank you all again!))) we all truly do.

zoey
08-12-2006, 06:36 AM
I just read this thread and I'm very happy that Crayola is doing well. My old dog Roxy, was mauled by a pit bull. It is such a helpless horrifying feeling when you have to witness it and then have to have them be away at the vet's overnight, but the worst is behind you now, so here's **HUGS** gently, from us.

Kirsten
08-12-2006, 07:25 AM
OMG, poor Crayola! :( He looks so miserable with all this blood. Hope he will soon feel better, I'm glad that he's back with you again. You must missed him terribly, it's strange to leave them in hospital (almost happened to me with Luna this week, and it still may happen :()

But it was very sweet to see the kitty caring for him!

Get well soon, Crayola!

Kirsten

K9karen
08-13-2006, 01:07 AM
Hugs and kisses to Gina and the Arc, especially to darling, sweet, loving, gentle Crayola. Much love sent your way...

Sudilar
08-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Glad Crayola is on the mend. :D