PDA

View Full Version : Ocean*bad news*

lute
08-08-2006, 07:53 PM
today started out so well. Ocean and i got up early and went for a walk. then we were off to the vet for his neuter. we had to wait on the vet so we sat in the lobby and talked to the secritary. when the vet got there i said my goodbye and left. the secritary called me this afternoon. "i have some bad news." i was so afraid that he died durring the sugery. the lady said "Ocean has a disease. it's painful and will kill him. my choices were to get Ocean neutered and try and make his time painless and happy. or i could have him put to sleep. aparently this disease is cancerous and it would be hard for him. i chose to have him put to sleep. Ocean will pass on sometime in the next day or so. :(

i'm so upset. i wish there was something i could do. i just want him to be happy. his time with my family was extreamly short, but he was loved dearly by my family and the other dogs.

Dorothy39
08-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Your post just struck me like a bolt of lightning. I am typing way to fast Lute, I am so sorry!!!!!! So Sorry, !!!!!!!!!! :(

(I can't believe what I just read!!!) I am remember the phone call that I got from my Vet 3 years ago, ----Oh, I am so very sorry :( :(

Alysser
08-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Oh my god, Lexie, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave him a good home AWAY from abuse, you did a GREAT thing! R.I.P sweet Ocean. Your mom loved you VERY much! :(

bckrazy
08-08-2006, 08:01 PM
OMG how scary! :( What is this disease, exactly? That must've been a huge shock... but at least he had some happiness in his life with your family.

zoomer
08-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Wow... I just got such a huge shock I almost jumped out of my seat. What disease is this? How horrible :( Maybe you should call his old owner and ask if they knew anything about it or just tell them about it?

RIP soon Ocean --- Lexie and PT love you.

GreyhoundGirl
08-08-2006, 08:17 PM
OMG !!! I am sooo sorry. :( I can't even belive it, You had him for such a short time. And soon he'll be gone forever. You did such a good thing to take him, I'm sure god had a good reason to take him too. Play hard at the RB, Ocean. And say hi to Pheobe when you get there.

RIP, Ocean. You will be in our hearts forever. :(

Zippy
08-08-2006, 08:32 PM
I am so sorry Lexie. :(
RIP Ocean godspeed to RB

Sevaede
08-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Oh my goddess, I am so sorry! :( :( Like others said, this is quite a shock and has happened very fast. Again, I am so sorry for you and Ocean.

*****HUGS*****

Corinna
08-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Lexie I'm so sorry for this . You were given him a chance to be loved . He will always remeber your love and comfort. HUG

K9soul
08-08-2006, 08:41 PM
I've never heard anything like that either. How in the world could they tell he had some cancerous and painful disease doing a routine neuter? Without pathology testing and biopsies, attempting treatments, nothing... And having the secretary call about something like that instead of the vet? That makes NO sense.

lute
08-08-2006, 08:44 PM
thanks everyone. it was a big shocker for me as well. i can't pronounce the disease. i'll try to write it down when i go see Ocean one last time. i want to be there when he dies. :(

.sarah
08-08-2006, 08:44 PM
I've never heard anything like that either. How in the world could they tell he had some cancerous and painful disease doing a routine neuter? And having the secretary call about something like that instead of the vet? That makes NO sense.
I agree. This smells fishy.

And he looks perfectly happy and able to live a normal life in the photos. I wouldn't euthanize a dog that looked that good, but that's just me.

Karen
08-08-2006, 08:47 PM
I agree. This smells fishy.

And he looks perfectly happy and able to live a normal life in the photos. I wouldn't euthanize a dog that looked that good, but that's just me.

But cancer is not always visible on the outside, looks have nothing to do with it. It is very sad, in any case.

I will also be curious to find out what disease it was, and if it is communicable, or what ... poor Ocean.

buttercup132
08-08-2006, 08:48 PM
OMG
Are you sure they havnt mistakened him with some other dog?!?!

I'm so sorry to hear that:(

Toby's my baby
08-08-2006, 08:50 PM
OMG I am so so very sorry. I can't imagine how hard this is for you. At least we all know that he was happy with you, and had a home. :(

.sarah
08-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Sorry Lexie, I missed the part where you said it was painful. That makes it entirely different, and I don't know what I would do in that situation.

The story still seems wierd, but in any case, I'm sorry you're going through this.

lute
08-08-2006, 08:51 PM
buttercup132- i don't think they have him confused with another dog. they mentioned his eye infection.

Karen- i REALLY hope this isn't communicable! what if i loose Gracie and Beanie too! :( :(

.Sarah-the pain would explain why he isn't very active. i always thought he was just old an maybe had joint problems.

i'm not making this up! my god! why on earth would anyone make something up about a beloved pet dieing! :(

CagneyDog
08-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Is he home right now? When is he being put down? Why would you agree to put down your dog when you haven't even researched (or know of) the disease?

.sarah
08-08-2006, 08:54 PM
i'm not making this up! my god! why on earth would anyone make something up about a beloved pet dieing! :(
Nobody ever said you were making this up, the story is just wierd. I've never met a vet who would have a secretary call about something like that. And it is odd that they would find a disease while neutering him.

lute
08-08-2006, 08:55 PM
CagneyDog-he's at the vet. i can't bring him home until tomorrow anyways. i agreed to have him PTS because i was told that is what my options were. i don't want him to hurt.

lute
08-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Nobody ever said you were making this up, the story is just wierd. I've never met a vet who would have a secretary call about something like that. And it is odd that they would find a disease while neutering him.

i know the secretary. she's a friend of mine. i figure maybe she wanted to tell me. i was extreamly tore up about it.

Dorothy39
08-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Sending a prayer to you, Lute, I am so very sorry!!!! :(

.sarah
08-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Well, I am sorry you're having to make this decision. Poor Ocean :(

Daisy and Delilah
08-08-2006, 09:05 PM
This is horrible. How about a second opinion from another vet? :(

Danegirl2208
08-08-2006, 09:08 PM
:eek: OMG.. I wish i knew what to say..that so is horrible :( :( I am so sorry, stay strong, i know you must be heart broken :(

CagneyDog
08-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Well in that case, sorry to hear that. Please get a second opinion? :( I'm curious to know how they discovered it from just getting him neutered? Poor guy...:(

lute
08-08-2006, 09:13 PM
maybe i should get a second opinion. i took him to the vet the shelter told me to take him to. not my normal vet.

Daisy and Delilah
08-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Yes!! Please go to your regular vet for another opinion!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and Ocean. :(

anna_66
08-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Gosh this is all so sudden:( I'm so very sorry to hear this Lexie.
Either way, I know you gave him the best time of his life while he was with you.

Lots of (((HUGS)))
Anna

I_luv_rusty
08-08-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm so sorry! :( RIP Ocean, you were loved very much!!

Maybe you should get a second opinion a few years ago, Rusty had a lump on his face and the vet said it was cancerous and it he was going to die. My parents just didn't believe it and to be sure they got a second opinion and this vet said it was something from what he was eating or something and he'd be on anti-botices (sp?) and he be better. (which happened) I know YOUR not lying but i'd get a second opinion just to make sure the vet didn't make a mistake.

jackie
08-08-2006, 10:01 PM
I am so sorry!

I agree with everyone else you should seek a second opinion.

cyber-sibes
08-08-2006, 10:09 PM
:eek: OMG! Oh Lexie, (((hugs))) (((hugs))) (((hugs)))
I'm stunned. Poor Ocean, just when life was getting good :( .

I also hope you go get a second opinion, too. Years ago I took in my cat and the idiot vet misdiagnosed him as having leukimia and wanted me to go bring back my other two cats too and have them all euthanized that afternoon! :mad: My cat was only 2 yrs. old. I got a second opinion and found that he did have a blockage, but that was all. He lived to be 17.

I will be praying for all of you -- Ocean, Gracie, Beanie, & you. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Dorothy39
08-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Okay, If I "COULD" turn back the clock of "TIME" , I would
GET that second opinion Lute!!!-- I do feel your pain and sorrow now. :(

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

Pembroke_Corgi
08-08-2006, 10:29 PM
God what a shock. I am so sorry to hear this. I agree that a second opinion would be a good idea. Poor Ocean. :(

k9krazee
08-08-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm sorry. :(

I'd definitely research his condition a bit and get a second opinion, though.

Reachoutrescue
08-08-2006, 11:30 PM
I Am So Sorry About Ocean. If You Need Anything, Don't Hesitate To Ask. :(

RobiLee
08-09-2006, 06:25 AM
I feel so bad for Ocean. I'm so sorry, Ocean. You are such a handsome boy and I don't like that this is happening to you.

Bronx'sBower
08-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Lexie, I just wanted to let you know our thoughts and prayers go out to you, your family and sweet Ocean....Unfortunately we just experienced the same, we only had our pup for 2 months or so before he passed but I am glad you have an outlook that his time with you was great; we had comfort knowing we took him out of an abusive situation and into a great home, even if he was terminally sick-he was able to enjoy that short time in his life. We will be thinking of you and your family...Godspeed sweet Ocean

Pawsitive Thinking
08-09-2006, 08:47 AM
This is too sad for words :(

Lori Jordan
08-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Second opinions are always best when what you are being told makes no sense,I wish you the best,I went through this with Lacy she has cysts well the first vet (my vet said it was cancer)I took her to the other vet in town they did what they did and it ended up as fat tumors.She could loose all her hair and be covered in them i dont really care what my dog looks like as long as she is ok!

kufan
08-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Yes, PLEASE do have a second opinion! You honestly just never know!

And it also helps to do some research on the disease yourself.

I am so sad to hear this. :(

Queen of Poop
08-09-2006, 10:27 AM
So sorry you're having to go thru this heartwrenching ordeal. The decision to PTS is never easy, especially when you are trying to ensure your beloved pet is pain free.

As others have suggested I agree with a second opinion from your own vet. My RB girl Sami saw the substitute vet for her agravated feet, was told she had foot cancer. In 3 feet???!!! Saw my regular vet when he was back from vacation. Turned out she had food allergies and had a skin infection.

Prayers that you can be strong and get thru this, regardless.

sparks19
08-09-2006, 11:09 AM
I agree you should get a second opinion. I am so sorry you have to deal with this :(

Husky_mom
08-09-2006, 11:10 AM
OMG!! I´m just reading this!!...........I feel so shocked (as you must be)......but please get that second opinion, I wouldn´t either want my pet to hurt but i´d make sure the vet was sure in what he told me........I´ve been there too I had a pup with parvo when I was a kid and they told my parent they had to PTS him, but I refused (little and feisty huh?) so we went to another vet and the pup got treated and made it and lived long years after that (knowing parvo is deadly I still searched for another opinion and was worth it my pup pulled through) maybe Ocean can get treated too......and get relieved of any pain he may have...........

((hugs)) to you and Ocean, whatever you decide I´m here for you Lexie, you and your pups are always in my thoughts

Vela
08-09-2006, 11:11 AM
I think you shoudl get a second opinion and do more research rather than just take one vet's word for it that you really don't know....not understanding why you didn't take him to your usual vet or at least get a second opinion regarding this before just agreeing to have him put down. I'd definitely get a second opinion before ending a pet's life, especially when they somehow diagnosed him with a painful cancerous disease just by opening him up to do a neuter. A vet would call about that to discuss options, never heard of one ho has the secretary call.

managemysite
08-09-2006, 11:58 AM
Love the name Ocean ...... Thats terrible.. I'm sooooo sorry .. I feel for you and your family.. I just had to put one of my
dogs down to a few weeks ago.. This is probably one of the hardest decision we every have to make in life...
Hugs to all... I'm sooo sorry for your loss... Best Wishes

*future vet*
08-09-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm so sorry!!! I feel terrible :( . You did a wonderful thing to rescue Ocean and give him a great home. You're of course doing the right thing for him, and he now knows somebody truly loves him....I'm so sorry.

pitc9
08-09-2006, 01:25 PM
There is NO way in the world I would put my dog to sleep without a second opinon with something that is as weird as this.
You and Ocean will be in my prayers.

My Peanuts
08-09-2006, 01:35 PM
I don't know what to say. :( I'm so sorry. Prayers for Ocean and you.

lute
08-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Ocean has an appointment with my normal vet tomorrow. i hope he tells me something better.

Vela
08-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Good glad to hear, I hope maybe it's not as bad as they think and maybe were wrong with the diagnosis or there are other treatment options. The only thing I can think of they woudl find in a case lke that would be a retrained testicle that was cancerous and intertwined inside his abdomen. Hopefully it's not that and they can help him.

cyber-sibes
08-09-2006, 02:25 PM
I hope you hear a better diagnosis tomorrow, Lute. Pleassssse give Ocean a hug for me. :) Whatever you decide, at least you know you had it checked by another vet, too.

pitc9
08-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Ocean has an appointment with my normal vet tomorrow. i hope he tells me something better.

Good!!
Keep us posted!

Prayers for Ocean!!!

Muddy4paws
08-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Thats really crappy news Im glad you are getting a second opinion, I hope everything is going to work out ok

My Peanuts
08-09-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm glad you decided on the second opinion. Prayers for Ocean coming.

I may have missed it, but did they start the surgery and then see the cancer inside? How do they know it's cancer?

Riptide
08-09-2006, 05:25 PM
:eek: OMG! That was the LAST thing I expected to read! ((hugs)) I really hope the appointment goes well today and that you wont have to put him down :( :( :(

lizbud
08-09-2006, 06:08 PM

So glad you're getting the 2nd opinion on this.Have you gotten them to
spell out to you the name of his illness? At least you will know what you're
dealing with here.

Dorothy39
08-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Hang in there, Hold ON Lexie, and, Please Keep Us Posted!!!!

Our Pet Talk Prayers are with you !!!!!!

Remembering when You named him , Ocean.http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=109675

lv4dogs
08-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Good luck at the vets today. {{{hugs}}}

lute
08-10-2006, 09:58 AM
just got from the vet. he took some tests and we are waitng on the results.

caseysmom
08-10-2006, 10:00 AM
Sorry to hear about Ocean. Since it is your friend that works at the other vet maybe you can ask her how reputable she feels he is?

Pawsitive Thinking
08-10-2006, 10:03 AM

Got everything crossed for you

lv4dogs
08-10-2006, 10:05 AM

Did you get any more info from the first vet? Like the name of the disease/cancer, location of it, why they felt it was life threatening, etc...?

What type of tests did your regular vet do this morning? Did they say anything about what your other vet said it was?

Dorothy39
08-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Please keep us posted Lute!!!!

Prayers from Pet Talk ----- so glad you went the extra mile for him.

Hugs to You Lexie,

Dorothy39---sending my prayers and hopes for you and your dear Ocean!!!!

MajesticCollies
08-10-2006, 03:21 PM
I am also very sorry. Make sure you get a second opinion. Read up on the disease on the net. Talk to a Hemopathy Vet. Dont give up just yet. Prayers are with you and Ocean.

k9krazee
08-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Any news, Lexie?

Bronx'sBower
08-10-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm still praying for you and Ocean...I hope you get better results...your a great mom and Ocean loves you so...

The_Duck
08-11-2006, 09:02 PM
I havn't posted yet, but I've been keeping track and I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you're going through this. It's a horrible thing to lose a pet, or be faced with the possibility that it could happen. *snugs tightly* My prayers are wiht you, your family, and that dear dear Ocean boy. Have you heard from your vet yet?

luvofallhorses
08-11-2006, 09:13 PM
poor Ocean. :( when do you get the results back???

Vela
08-12-2006, 05:51 AM
Can you please post the name of the illness? Perhaps some of us can find out information that might be helpful. I am really curious what this illness is because of they way it was found and the recommendations of the first vet. I have never heard of anything like that being found in that way so I would really like to read up on it, esepcially if it's cancerous, because boxers are prone to lots of cancers and I'd love to be able ot reserach it in case I ever run into something like that. Thanks! *hugs* to you Ocean, I hope you get better soon and it's not as serious as the fisrt vet said.

zoey
08-12-2006, 05:58 AM
^ I'm with Vela on this.
What is the illness?
**HUGS and PRAYERS**

I_luv_rusty
08-12-2006, 09:50 AM
Any Updates?

zoomer
08-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Any updates?

Danegirl2208
08-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Any updates?

yes im also on pins and needles waiting for an update :( :(

Bronx'sBower
08-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Same here but hope to here from you early this week....I am sure your just as anxious...

luvofallhorses
08-12-2006, 08:13 PM
is there any news?

Almita
08-12-2006, 08:23 PM
I'm so sorry Lexie about all this and i just want you to know its in my prayers and hope you know what it is also.

i want to know what the other vets results got and what the disease is.

lv4dogs
08-14-2006, 10:03 AM
I hope no news is good news.

Pembroke_Corgi
08-14-2006, 10:12 AM
I hope no news is good news.
Me too.

buttercup132
08-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Update please

elizabethann
08-14-2006, 12:34 PM
I've been off the forum a few days and was hoping to see an update when I returned. Perhaps it's too painful for her to be on Pet Talk right now. Such a huge decision. Poor thing.

Take care.

pitc9
08-14-2006, 01:16 PM
...still no news?? :(

zoomer
08-14-2006, 01:21 PM
...still no news?? :(

I was thinking the same, I'm so nervous!

Vela
08-14-2006, 01:26 PM
How did the first vet know what it was exactly the very first day without dong any tests, yet it's taking so long to find out from your own vet?? Please tell us what the disease is, we are concerned for Ocean. Is he still alive? Did you put him down? Please let us know. If there is some weird illness out there like that that is cancerous and painful and incurable that can be found on a first glance doing a neuter I really want to know what it is and find out more about it.

lv4dogs
08-14-2006, 02:13 PM
How did the first vet know what it was exactly the very first day without dong any tests, yet it's taking so long to find out from your own vet?? Please tell us what the disease is, we are concerned for Ocean. Is he still alive? Did you put him down? Please let us know. If there is some weird illness out there like that that is cancerous and painful and incurable that can be found on a first glance doing a neuter I really want to know what it is and find out more about it.

I agree, and also to help us out with the future of dogs, should it be a rare disease or the like. I am always up for learning about anything dog related.

lute
08-15-2006, 10:44 AM
i'm sorry it's taken so long for an update. Ocean was PTS. :( i'll post more later. just please keep me in your prayers. it's my fault Ocean had to die.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-15-2006, 10:48 AM
I am so sorry - post when you are ready ok?

elizabethann
08-15-2006, 10:49 AM
i'm sorry it's taken so long for an update. Ocean was PTS. :( i'll post more later. just please keep me in your prayers. it's my fault Ocean had to die.

I'm so sorry to hear about Ocean. Please take care and post when you want to let it all out.

Toby's my baby
08-15-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm so so sorry. :( I hope you are feeling better soon, just remember that we are all here for you. {{HUGS}}

sparks19
Oh I am so sorry to hear that :( We are here to listen whenever you are ready.

Reachoutrescue
LEXIE, IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT. YOU GAVE HIM A CHANCE. YOU LOVED HIM WHILE YOU HAD HIM. HE WAS SICK. YOU TRIED AND HE KNOWS THAT. DON'T BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF.

JenBKR
08-15-2006, 10:51 AM
((((hugs)))) I am so very sorry sweetie, I know what a difficult decision you had to make. If you ever need to talk just PM me, ok?

GreyhoundGirl
08-15-2006, 10:52 AM

(((HUGS))) Don't be sorry. You're going through rough times. We can wait.

It's not your fault, don't even think that. You gave Ocean a home away from abuse. The time he spent with you was the best he could have hoped for.

Play hard at the RB, Ocean.

lv4dogs
08-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Oh honey I am so sorry to hear that. You are in my thoughts thats for sure. {{{hugs}}}

Jadapit
08-15-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm so sorry. You will be in my thoughts.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-15-2006, 10:58 AM
Oh no Lexie, I just found this thread thanks to Brody's Mum... :(
I am so sorry you have to go through this....

k9krazee
08-15-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm so sorry :( (((((hugs)))))

Alysser
08-15-2006, 11:13 AM
((((HUGS))))
Lexie,
it's not your fault. You tried everything to save Ocean, and you rescued him. Godspeed Ocean, Your mom loved you so much and so did we.
:(

Flatcoatluver
08-15-2006, 12:15 PM
(((Hugs)))
I am so loss for words right now. Lexie I am here whenever you need someone, you have me on yahoo.

RIB Ocean. :(

lute
08-15-2006, 01:19 PM
thanks everyone. you just remind me what great friends i have on PT. :)

I_luv_rusty
08-15-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm so sorry! :( (((Hugs))) You tried everything you could do for it, don't blame yourself. You rescueded (sp) him, and we know he had a great life,because he was with you.

RIP Ocean, your mommy loved you alot,play hard at the RB.

Lori Jordan
08-15-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm real sorry to hear the news,don't think it is your fault your an angel,that gave him a chance he will love you forever for that please pm if you need to talk im here for you in this time of loss,words cannot say how sorry i am.RIP sweet Ocean.

IRescue452
08-15-2006, 01:24 PM
So sorry to hear. Its not your fault. Just think, he was with you for such a small amount of time and already had a lifetime's supply of love.

Pembroke_Corgi
08-15-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about Ocean. :(

cyber-sibes
08-15-2006, 03:48 PM
((((hugs)))) so sorry to hear this. Remember that he left this world having experienced a real home, and what is was like to be loved, because of you. Without you taking him in, he would have died anyway, but he'd have been all alone, in some shelter cage. You gave him a wonderful gift.

Danegirl2208
08-15-2006, 05:33 PM
omg that is awful, you must be heart broken :( Your definatly in my thoughts and prayers...you know if you ever need anyone to talk to we will all be there for you.

R.I.P Ocean..run free

Dorothy39
08-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Lute!!!! Remember me? Dorothy39???--I read about Cornfield one day----

I am part of the strong fiber of friendship here --- on Pet Talk!!

I just clicked onto the "Ocean's" Thread----My Heart is Heavy, having learned that Ocean was put to sleep!!!

With that being said, with that being learned---- I have to now digest it!!!

I don't know you, You dont' know me either. But, when I registered on Pet Talk, it was done during a heavy wave of grief, when my own dog died.

While reading your last post, I felt your surrender!!!!

Take a deep breath, through you nose, with your mouth closed. :( then , blow the grief outttttt!!!!!!!

While I never got to meet and touch Ocean, I do remember a post that Glacier made, submitting a name for this dog. She suggested, "Ocean"----

PM me when if you need to. I am so sorry !!!

Sevaede
08-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Oh my goddess, I am so sorry. :( Again, it was NOT your fault. You love him and he loves you. You did as much as you could with the time that you had together. :)

Jods
08-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Sorry to hear about Ocean :(

zoomer
08-15-2006, 11:18 PM

Oh, Lexie! It's not your fault at all. Not one bit! There's no way you could've prevented Ocean getting this disease... you just got him. It's a shame you blame yourself :( It's not your fault at all! ((hugs)) Ocean will not have to go through anymore pain, it's good you helped him, he's in a better place. Without you, imagine where he would be right now, and he'd probably still have this disease.

Daisy and Delilah
08-16-2006, 06:54 AM
:( :( :( I'm very sorry to hear this news about Ocean :( :( :(

zoey
08-16-2006, 08:16 AM
Ocean is an angel. So that part hasn't changed.
This is devastating. I didn't know him, but I'm keeping him in my heart, anyway. When I saw his pic. the first time, when you first got him, i saved it. No one knew he wasn't healthy at the time. When you are up to it I hope you'll come back here for support and tell us what's going on. It's not your fault.
My PM box is always open.
******BIG HUG*******

pitc9
08-16-2006, 09:16 AM
RIP Ocean :(

The_Duck
08-16-2006, 10:08 AM
RIP, sweet Ocean boy. Play hard at the RB, baby. You earned it.

*hugs* To you, Lexie. You loved him, and that's more than he probably ever thought he could get. Be proud of yourself for changing his world for the better, if even for a short time. His last days weren't spent alone on a concrete floor, but in the life and arms of a person who loved him. You, Lexie, were his hero. I don't think, if given the chance, he would have changed a thing.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-16-2006, 10:24 AM
RIP, sweet Ocean boy. Play hard at the RB, baby. You earned it.

*hugs* To you, Lexie. You loved him, and that's more than he probably ever thought he could get. Be proud of yourself for changing his world for the better, if even for a short time. His last days weren't spent alone on a concrete floor, but in the life and arms of a person who loved him. You, Lexie, were his hero. I don't think, if given the chance, he would have changed a thing.

Such lovely words - I hope they bring Lexie comfort

Bronx'sBower
08-16-2006, 08:57 PM
I don't know what else to say that our wonderful PTers haven't; I am just truely sorry for your loss. Just know in your heart you gave him the best, even if only for a short while. It is always difficult to lose those we love, especially when we don't feel it's time but just remember God planned his life-he planned for you to step in and love and comfort him, to be his hero. Any pain he felt was likely healed with love...RIP sweet Ocean-run free