PDA

View Full Version : Happy Belated Birthday Isis! *UPDATED*

Sevaede
08-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Sorry for being one week late, Isis! :(

My little lazy girl was born August 1, 2005. Her parents are a huge Siamese and a huge Ragdoll. There were five boys and five girls in the litter. One was pure white, and others were little manxy keedies.

On September 8th, the lady (a former co worker of Troys), named Angel, told us we could come and pick her up. We walked back to her bedroom and they held out two kittens to me, Isis (Fruit Loop, as they were calling her) and her darker coloured manxy sister. Isis is the runt, even still. The sister was not nearly as interested in me as Isis was. Isis held my gaze and I knew it was her. Troy put her in my arms where she decided to fall asleep.

After a while, we left and went home. She cried the whole few miles in that little carrier. I remember how tiny she looked in it! :P

I remember, the next day, Willy (Doxie mix) breaking through the door to get to her. I remember screaming and crying because I thought my girl was going to die. We rushed her to the vet (thankfully they were still open!), wrapped in a towel and held against my heart, while she squeaked her little cry. We had to leave her overnight, but the report from the vets and their assistants was that she was the center of attention! She had been in shock so they gave her some medicine and a warm bath, which she screamed through, and then she was fluffily dried and given some wet food.

We went back to visit a few weeks later and Isis had not changed in size while her siblings grew chunkier and fluffier!

We never had a problem introducing her and Soni. He was two and a half months and she was five weeks when they met. We just let them run around together and they've been inseperable ever since.

Isis has since become aloof towards every hooman except her mama. I am the only one that can pet her, hold her (cradle her!), and pretty much get near her. She purrs and trills and kneads and cuddles her meowmie. Her meowmie knows that Isis loves flaky or chunky chicken wet food and the orange package of Whiskas Temptations (she says thanks gary for talking about them and giving my mama the idea to get them!), the flavours name escaping my ever infallible memory (haha, just kidding, of course. :p ).

She has been a source of much comfort and distraction since my RB Tier passed. I am thankful for her existence and love her very much. I don't know what I would do without my Isis (Rice-iss, Pooty Girl, Pooty Doody Head are some of the nicknames) girl. She is weird, she is awesome, and I love her. Because of her, and of Soni and Tier, I know that I will always have a cat.

I still always find myself staring into her eyes and remembering everything that we have gone through in this short amount of time. She is so sweet. She has NEVER used her claws on or bitten anyone (except Soni, just because he aggravates her sometimes) EVER. She is my laundry helper (have to have a kitty to keep it warm), conversationialist, and snack tester.

Isis, remember that meowmie will *ALWAYS* love you no matter what!

For those inquiring minds: This is Isis :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/unbakedbrownie/Isis013.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/unbakedbrownie/LandI2.jpg

Heh, the tuxie in my icon is my sweet little Soni!

AbbyMom
08-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Happy birthday Isis!

Wenisrubber, Lucky you to find yourself a sweetheart. Lucky her to find you.

Who was Willy? I take it he was not your dog? I'm glad she recovered.

catmandu
08-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Happy First Purrthday Isis
AND MAY YOU HAVE MANY, MANY MORE!
THREE CHEERS FROM THE FOUND CATS.

Sevaede
08-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Happy birthday Isis!

Wenisrubber, Lucky you to find yourself a sweetheart. Lucky her to find you.

Who was Willy? I take it he was not your dog? I'm glad she recovered.

Isis gives you a head bump and "brrrrow?"

I am indeed lucky to have my pretty baby. She sure has been showing that she appreciates me, lately, because she starts her motor every time I pick her up! :D

Willy is my parents dog. He didn't hurt her in the typical sense that it sounds like. She was just SOAKING wet all over and had a few superficial scratches, nothing bleeding.

Sevaede
08-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Happy First Purrthday Isis
AND MAY YOU HAVE MANY, MANY MORE!
THREE CHEERS FROM THE FOUND CATS.

Isis says thank you thank you!! She said she would like to invite Rocca to PARTY like a wild animal! :D

AbbyMom
08-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Just wondering...is that Isis that's showing as your avatar? Is your birthday girl a beautiful tuxedo?

(Becky, my tuxie wants to know! ;) )

rg_girlca
08-08-2006, 10:40 PM
A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISIS!!!!!!!

You sound like a real darling.

Here's to many, many, MANY more birthday's to come. :)