PDA

View Full Version : Why Am I So Terrible About This?

kufan
08-07-2006, 07:54 PM
My fiance and I have four dogs. Our fourth dog is going in for neutering on Friday. His neuter is going to be a little more extreme and will require one more suture than normal because he is missing a testicle. We are really worried about him though, because when they drew his blood during his heartworm test last week - his entire arm swell up something furious! It was HUGE. I have NEVER seen that happen with my other dogs. Even the Dr. was so concerned that she requested that I schedule the neuter with her, since she is aware of this swelling problem and can be extra careful with him. So, this problem is only causing me to be more worried about his upcoming surgery.

But the whole point to this post is that I GO CRAZY when I HAVE TO LEAVE THEM alone at the vet. I am so bad about it, that I literally cry all day long and I can barely build the courage to actually drop them off and leave them. I find myself calling the vet every half hour to check in and I am constantly counting down the hours praying it is time to pick them up!

I mean, why is it that I am so terrible when it comes to leaving them alone? I can barely stand to go on a vacation and leave them behind. I go nuts! Is anybody else like this or am I just crazy???

My dogs are MY LIFE. They are my kids! They are my main focus. They aren't allowed to stay home alone for more than 2-3 hours. If I am gone longer than this time, they have to go their babysitter's which is their grandmother's house to be watched. They are constantly stocked up on so many dog toys that we have to clean out their toy box once a week, LOL!! If they so much as sneeze or cough, we are on the phone calling the vet! They sleep with us, all four of them, in our queen sized bed UNDER THE COVERS!! They are our little men!! And I think with as how bad we are about spoiling them - that we have affected THEM - such as when we leave them - they cry like crazy - even when at their grandmother's. My mom says when I leave them, they don't eat, don't play, don't stop crying and constantly sit in front of the door until we return!

I am sure you all think I am a crazy lady now, but I was just wondering if anyone else has this "attachment" disorder to their pet/s???

I sure hope there isn't something wrong with me, LOL!! :)

Dorothy39
08-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Well, you just described me!!!! ;)

Pam
08-07-2006, 08:18 PM
I sure hope there isn't something wrong with me, LOL!! :)

If there is, then we are all sick here! LOL! I was wondering how four dogs fit in your bed until I scrolled down and saw your signature. :) I was hoping you didn't have four great danes! LOL!