PDA

View Full Version : Mud Slinging!!

critter crazy
08-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Why is it that most on here have resorted to mud slinging?? I have tried to stay out of all of it, but it is getting very distressing! Seems like almost every thread i read has people badmouthing and being very rude! I dont get it?? how old are we here? do we need to act like a bunch of grade schollers here?? I would love to stay and be a long term member of this board but I am not enjoying my stay much anymorel. I have primarilly quit making post for this reason. Could we please try to just be friends and have a great time sharing photos and experiences?? PLEASE???

http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gif

BOBS DAD
08-07-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm up for it!!! But if the mud does continue to fly... I'll still stay. I just try to never take anything anyone says (especially if it is aimed at me) too serious. I mean after all, it IS the Internet! :D

GoldenRetrLuver
08-07-2006, 07:24 PM
It tends to get like this around summer, since school is out and kids are bored at home with nothing to do.

I don't post that much as it is anymore, life has gotten way too busy for me (and besides, it's summer! I like to get out and have fun ;)), but I usually just wait it out until most of the drama has settled.

Karen
08-07-2006, 08:07 PM
I'll repeat what I have said in similar threads. If you see something you consider mud-slinging, PM me! I'm the moderator, I will deal with it! Am dealing with some as we speak.

GreyhoundGirl
08-07-2006, 08:12 PM
I have noticed a lot of it. I guess we all have good intentions, and are concerned for the animal. But I think sometimes we go overboard and forget how the person reading might think of it. We get to concerned for the pets and forget that all PTers are animal lovers and would NEVER harm their pet on purpose or any similar thing. PTers are all trying their best to look out for their pets, as well as other peoples pets.

After all, only 40 % of things written down get thought of in the way that the writer ment it.

slick
08-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Forgive me but I started laughing when I read the title of this thread. The first thing I thought was that we could set up a mud slinging ring in Gini's back yard next July. Great way to cool off, don't you think, Richard?? :eek: :D

Lady's Human
08-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Just no mud wrestling, Slick. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
08-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Just no mud wrestling, Slick. :D
:eek: Hey, LH, that may just be a great way for countries to settle their differences!!! Wouldn't the leaders look cute covered in mud? :D

Lady's Human
08-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Moff, sorry, but all I can picture is Maggie Thatcher in a mud wrestling pit :eek: !

momoffuzzyfaces
08-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Moff, sorry, but all I can picture is Maggie Thatcher in a mud wrestling pit :eek: !
:D Gosh, do you think GB could beat her? I'm not sure!!! :D

critter crazy
08-07-2006, 09:11 PM
See!! This is what I miss!!! all the jokes and good times!! This is what i loved about this site! I just wish it was this way on every thread! I dont get involved in threads where there is drama, but i wish there wasnt so much. it just saddens me to see so many at each others throats!I love how everyone can laugh and have fun! I want to see more of that!!:)

momoffuzzyfaces
08-07-2006, 09:19 PM
See!! This is what I miss!!! all the jokes and good times!! This is what i loved about this site! I just wish it was this way on every thread! I dont get involved in threads where there is drama, but i wish there wasnt so much. it just saddens me to see so many at each others throats!I love how everyone can laugh and have fun! I want to see more of that!!:)
I know just what you mean! I try to avoid the threads I know will upset me but every now and then give my opinion on something. I usually wish I'd kept clamed up though! :D

After all, a person's opinion is just that; their opinion. It won't make any difference in my world and mine won't make a difference in theirs, unless we let it. Life's too short to get upset about other people's opinions. I try to respect other's on the board and if things seem to be getting out of hand, I just stop posting on that thread. I don't want to hurt any one's feelings and never attack anyone personally. I do reserve the right to disagree with them though.

Lady's Human
08-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Critter Crazy,

If you want laughs and a good time, check out the virtual bar!

No arguments allowed!

critter crazy
08-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Critter Crazy,

If you want laughs and a good time, check out the virtual bar!

No arguments allowed!
how much are the drinks and how do i get there?? oh and when does it open and close!!!:D

Lady's Human
08-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Thursdays open, well, on thursdays. (Or wednesday, or just carries on from the week before)

Drinks cost a clean (Well, sorta clean, nothing OVERTLY raunchy) joke on entry, and all you have to deal with is a capuchin monkey, a remote controlled Orc, a little orange kitten,(at last sighting he was orange, we took the paint away from Mario), Lady, Rusty, and other assorted critters that the patrons drag in with them.

See last week's here:
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=110111

critter crazy
08-07-2006, 09:33 PM
I am so there!!!!!!:D

RICHARD
08-07-2006, 09:40 PM
how much are the drinks and how do i get there?? oh and when does it open and close!!!:D

First of all.....I'll pay to see Thatcher and Albright mud wrestle. :eek:

I think we had a Jello wrestling pit in the bar once.... :confused:

Here's mud in your eye?

-------------------

First,

When you post an opinion, be prepared to be challenged..

Altho people that read my posts think I'm the one that's challenged!

Richard's Rules of Talking Smack.

Rule One.
My opinion is not the only one out there.

Rule two,

My opinion will not change the weather, cause countries to crumble or cause
oil prices to drop.

Rule three.

FIDO. ;)

Lady's Human
08-07-2006, 09:44 PM
Albright and the new German PM mud wrestling? :D

RedHedd
08-07-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm still trying to get the visual out of my brain of Thatcher and Shrub mud wrestling! :eek: :rolleyes: :confused: :D

Lady's Human
08-07-2006, 10:03 PM
Queen Elizabeth II and Thatcher mud wrestling to decide policy maybe?

sparks19
08-07-2006, 10:04 PM
FIDO. ;)

:eek: I know what FIDO means. good advice to live by :D

critter crazy
08-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! you guys are way too funny!! I love it!!!:D

gini
08-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Critter Crazy, now I am really glad that you are having a good time now..........but back a few posts someone has offered my back yard as a mud wrestling pit. I can't just sit here and let that happen - I have to speak up and defend well......something or other for sure!

Look, if you could meet me at Thursdays and bring your joke - I would be very happy to buy you your first drink - and some food - ask for anything you want because we have it ALL.

Mud wrestling? Hmmm............Richard and Sara maybe? (Sara's gonna kill me for this)

I used to get upset by some of the posts when they got nasty - but now, I just say "whatever"..........and move on to other threads that are more interesting. And I try to have fun!! Sometimes it just isn't worth the effort to get into those posts too deeply.

RICHARD
08-08-2006, 02:17 AM

LOL, we are moving into the 'sexist pig' territory..

I vote Camillia and Queen Noor as the undercard.

smokey the elder
08-08-2006, 09:11 AM
How about the heads of all the Iraqi factions in an over-the-top rope battle royal? :p :D

Pawsitive Thinking
08-08-2006, 09:35 AM

Maggie??????????? she's long gone.....I see our Tone has made a big impression on you too :rolleyes:

and please what does FIDO mean?

This thread epitomises PT - starts off with a valid and heartfelt point which is taken on board (sorry!) then we all end up having a giggle at something silly :D

BOBS DAD
08-08-2006, 09:49 AM
YEAH... I don't get the "FIDO" thang either - but I am sure that after it is explained to us "slower folks" it will be very funny!!! :D

AND YES... CRITTER, I am sooo glad that you are having fun again and hopefully, no longer thinking of leaving us!!!

Lady's Human
08-08-2006, 11:17 AM
FIDO= ----- it, drive on

I know the Iron Lady is long gone, but when someone mentioned mud wrestling to decide political problems, she came to mind as someone who could take down half the world leaders.

GreyhoundGirl
08-08-2006, 11:51 AM
FIDO= ----- it, drive on

I know the Iron Lady is long gone, but when someone mentioned mud wrestling to decide political problems, she came to mind as someone who could take down half the world leaders.

I was starting to wonder too. When I first saw this thread, I thought it was pics of dogs running through mud and flinging mud at us. :rolleyes:

sasvermont
08-08-2006, 12:03 PM
I, too, thought it was going to be about dogs running through the house, slinging hard, clops of dirt all over the place. Shows how silly I am.

I learned a long time ago, not to take people's opinions personally. That is not to say that I don't comment, I just take them personally. I think I learned that years ago.

Here's to everyone for being so tolerant of each other. We have been through a lot here, and I am none the worse for wear.

Thanks for sharing........ :p

momoffuzzyfaces
08-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Speaking of funny: on Fox news this morning one of the newbee girl reporters was talking about someone. She meant to say he would have to fight for his life but it came out he would have to fart for his life.

She quickly changed the word but not before I got the worst case of giggles I've had in years. She was referring to a political canidate by the way not someone in an actual life or death struggle. (that would not have been funny no matter how it was said!)

catland
08-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Gini - new sign for you neighbor....

BE WARE OF FIDO

Pawsitive Thinking
08-09-2006, 08:59 AM
FIDO= ----- it, drive on

With one swing of her handbag!