PDA

View Full Version : Laziest Cat in the World

Edwina's Secretary
05-23-2002, 09:31 AM
I have come to the conclusion that Edwina is competing for laziest cat in the world.

My husband is out of town so it was just me and Edwina last night. She slept snuggled up against me as usual. Normally she gets up with my husband at 5:15 for coffee and the news. I don't. She gets some turkey then too.

This morning the radio went off at 6:00 so I would get up and turn off the security alarm. Edwina looked at it with annoyance. I got up to turn off the system and asked her if she wanted some turkey. She looked at me with annoyance.

I returned to bed and she snuggled back up. At 6:20 our cleaning lady arrived. I pointed out to "guard kitty" that someone was in the house. She asked what that had to do with her.

I had to climb out around her at 7:00 as she STILL hadn't moved. Again I offered turkey and got a sneer. At 7:30 I finally had to pick her up and move her so I could make the bed. A half stretch and back down in the same spot.

I told her I was leaving and it was her last chance for turkey. She responded with a yawn.

Either she went out partying while I was sleeping or I have the LAZIEST cat around!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-23-2002, 10:18 AM
There must have been something going on in kittyland last night, because Tubby was the same way this morning. Usually he's up and at 'em and taking a shower with me, but this morning I didn't see him I was almost ready to go. Then usually the last thing I do before I go is give him his pill, and he was already on the couch, getting ready for his morning nap! :rolleyes: Which means he was up for about a whole 10 minutes! The moon was awfully bright last night, so maybe it had something to do with that. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-23-2002, 10:55 AM
The must have been a wild kitty party going on somewhere last night because Chester was a sleepy head this morning too. I'm usually awakened at 6 AM with him running from window to window watching the wildlife outside. He was not interested in it at all this morning. I got to sleep until almost 7. He has since made up for lost time. The other 3 are always late risers but they are older.:D

wolflady
05-23-2002, 11:14 AM
LOL So funny! I think Edwina figured that since Dad was out of town, she would get all her lost beauty sleep. I can totally picture the 'look of annoyance'! LOL I think cats in general have that look mastered...:rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
05-23-2002, 12:38 PM
Most embarrassing was that my "Mrs. Danvers" did not believe I was alone at first. She said she could hear me talking and talking. I finally convinced her I was talking to Edwina -- not a secret lover!:o :o

Randi
05-23-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
I can totally picture the 'look of annoyance'! LOL I think cats in general have that look mastered...:rolleyes:
                http://www.unique-hardware.co.uk/server-smilies/ups/icis/ices_rofl.gif

I agree - and they have mastered ANY look convenient for them, haven't they!! :D

Fister can't wait till John gets out of bed, before he jumps in, and he has to lay on his nightshirt! :rolleyes:

Heather Wallace
05-23-2002, 01:45 PM
It's funny there is an advert here in the UK, you see the cat normally at home with is old lady owner. The next shot is set in a night club where you see the cat partying and coming home the next morning just in time for it's owner coming out of bed. LOL!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-23-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Heather Wallace
It's funny there is an advert here in the UK, you see the cat normally at home with is old lady ownere. The next shot is set in a night club where you see the cat partying and coming home the next morning just in time for it's owner coming out of bed. LOL!

http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/roflmao.gifhttp://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/roflmao.gif LOL

That is SOOOOO true!!! I've often thought that because they sleep all day, they must do something at night. :D

Randi
05-23-2002, 02:12 PM
It's funny ...... if John goes to the bathroom and comes back to bed - no movement from Fister! It's not until he actually gets up, Fister goes in. We've tried to figure out what it is, that makes Fister sure that John is up and stay up. It must be because he's closing the little draw next to the bed or puts the duvet all the way. ;)

sirocco
05-23-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Most embarrassing was that my "Mrs. Danvers" did not believe I was alone at first. She said she could hear me talking and talking. I finally convinced her I was talking to Edwina -- not a secret lover!:o :o

:D :D :D

Oh Sara!!! TOO FUNNY!!

Nita

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-24-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
The must have been a wild kitty party going on somewhere last night :D

I mentioned this thread to Terry and he said he woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and he noticed a strange glow coming from upstairs. He investigated a little more and realized the computer was on and the glow was from the monitor. When he walked upstairs to look at it, Tubby suspiciously jumped down from the desk and innocently started rubbing on his legs. So, Terry's theory is that while we sleep, our kitties are on our computers, probably talking all night to each other on "People Talk." I quizzed Tubby on it and he said "People Talk" is a website started by a couple of bunnies where they honor the "Human of the Day." The pets submit pictures of their humans and little stories about why they own the perfect human and some of the nice things the humans do for them. There is also a place where they can all get together and tell all the funny stories they have about their humans and ask questions if the human is having health problems or anything. Tubby said most of the advice in that section is that if your human isn't feeling good to snuggle as much as possible and before you know it the human will be feeling better and the food dish will be full again and treats will come in abundance.

Anyway, we've determined that it isn't entirely impossible for Tubby to turn the computer on and operate it, so we can't deny that he is because we have no proof that he isn't. What do you think guys, is Tubby pulling our leg or are our kitties spending all night on "People Talk?"

:D

AmberLee
05-24-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
... What do you think guys, is Tubby pulling our leg or are our kitties spending all night on "People Talk?"

Tubby is a cat of high honor and has NEVER lied to me. I feel ashamed to have even entertained a doubt. All this time I suspected Cassy of cruising cat toy and food sites! :o

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-24-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
All this time I suspected Cassy of cruising cat toy and food sites! :o

I'm sure those sites have been well visited too, Amberlee. :rolleyes: I was wondering why we got a delivery from UPS the other day addressed to Tubby. I knew I hadn't ordered anything and Terry swore he hadn't..... :D

wolflady
05-24-2002, 01:34 PM
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/roflmao.gifhttp://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/roflmao.gifhttp://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/roflmao.gifhttp://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/roflmao.gif
OMG this is just too too funny! I can so picture this!! The truth has been revealed! While us humans sleep in our beds at night...our animals are surfing the web with their little underground network of other people's pets! No wonder they sleep all day! :rolleyes:
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/roflmao.gifhttp://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/roflmao.gifhttp://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/roflmao.gifhttp://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/roflmao.gif

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

I mentioned this thread to Terry and he said he woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and he noticed a strange glow coming from upstairs. He investigated a little more and realized the computer was on and the glow was from the monitor. When he walked upstairs to look at it, Tubby suspiciously jumped down from the desk and innocently started rubbing on his legs. So, Terry's theory is that while we sleep, our kitties are on our computers, probably talking all night to each other on "People Talk." I quizzed Tubby on it and he said "People Talk" is a website started by a couple of bunnies where they honor the "Human of the Day." The pets submit pictures of their humans and little stories about why they own the perfect human and some of the nice things the humans do for them. There is also a place where they can all get together and tell all the funny stories they have about their humans and ask questions if the human is having health problems or anything. Tubby said most of the advice in that section is that if your human isn't feeling good to snuggle as much as possible and before you know it the human will be feeling better and the food dish will be full again and treats will come in abundance.

Anyway, we've determined that it isn't entirely impossible for Tubby to turn the computer on and operate it, so we can't deny that he is because we have no proof that he isn't. What do you think guys, is Tubby pulling our leg or are our kitties spending all night on "People Talk?"

:D

krazyaboutkatz
05-25-2002, 01:17 AM
I know that my cats have been up to something too for the last couple of nights. I know there's going to be a full moon on Sunday the 26th. Sunny usually tries to wake me up at 5am. He's been sleeping in the last few mornings. If he could operate my computer he probably would. He's the only one of my cats that even seems interested in my computer. :D

Randi
05-25-2002, 03:51 PM
When Fister is not chatting with his new next door girlfriend at night, he's surely on the computer. Not long ago, we heard a loud crash in the middle of night and the next morning we found a keyboard on the floor. - Ctrl key missing!! - Wonder who he was planning to send a mail !! ;)

JGuitaristR
05-28-2002, 09:01 PM
Cats are nocturnal.

LoudLou
05-29-2002, 01:48 AM
I bet they are all planning another "Kitty Frat Party"! Ours have been the same way... :rolleyes:

wolflady
05-29-2002, 03:03 PM
Well, it IS official! This is where I caught Marius last night around 10pm!!!

Lusting after Edwina of course!!! :D LOL

Edwina's Secretary
05-29-2002, 03:10 PM
Oh, oh, oh! That is the most precious picture of Marius! I can't wait to show it to Edwina tonight (and to my husband.)

So darling, that little scamp!

Randi
05-29-2002, 04:14 PM
Love the picture! He does miss her!!! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-29-2002, 05:11 PM
That is soooo sweet. Poor Marius, pining away for Edwina, the love of his life. Aaaahhhh, it's springtime and kitty love is in the air. :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-29-2002, 11:44 PM
Great pic Karen. It must be kitty love.http://bestsmileys.com/cats/catlove.gif

wolflady
05-30-2002, 11:49 AM
LOL LOL It was definitely a Kodak moment, so to speak! That little PC cam sure came in handy!! ;)

Edwina's Secretary
05-30-2002, 02:23 PM
Wolflady -- you should have seen how excited Edwina was last night. She exclaimed...."He likes me, he REALLY likes me." Walking around all fluffed up and saucy. Her head will be so big! That's a photo that will be going on the montage on her bulletin board!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-30-2002, 03:36 PM
Walking around all fluffed up and saucy.

Awwww, how cute. I can just picture her strutting around. Kitty love is so sweet. :D

wolflady
05-30-2002, 03:49 PM
Wolflady -- you should have seen how excited Edwina was last night. She exclaimed...."He likes me, he REALLY likes me." Walking around all fluffed up and saucy. Her head will be so big! That's a photo that will be going on the montage on her bulletin board!

ROFL I can so picture this!:D Marius is quite smitten!:D I must have raised him right! LOL LOL
Edwina all fluffed up and saucy, eh?? Isn't she always?? LOL LOL;)
Such a sweet girl she is!! Give her a cuddle for me, and Marius sends lots of purrs, headbutts, and whisker kisses to her;)

Yes, T&P's mom....you said it!! Kitty love makes me all giddy!! Gotta love it!