PDA

View Full Version : Tiel Eggs: Update

binka_nugget
08-07-2006, 12:37 AM
:( Bad news.. the eggs Tonks laid were fertile. They slowly disappeared one by one then eventually, I was left with one. I figured it wasn't fertile since it didn't hatch, but it turns out it was indeed fertile but the baby had died before it had a chance to hatch. Mom and dad eventually abandoned the egg then when I took a look at the egg, I noticed it was opened.. with a developed baby inside. :(

It looks like they might be starting another clutch though. I really hope these hatch!

Zippy
08-07-2006, 09:49 AM
I am so sorry. :(
(((HUGS))))

Argranade
08-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Awww poor baby bird.

Have the parents hatched baby birds before?

Do you know how to raise them after they hatch if the parents abandon them?

binka_nugget
08-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Awww poor baby bird.

Have the parents hatched baby birds before?

Do you know how to raise them after they hatch if the parents abandon them?

With me they haven't. They had two other owners before me though so it's possible they have.

I don't have any first hand experience, but I have been reading up on it since they laid the first egg, and have a couple friends who have raised birds.

My Peanuts
08-07-2006, 11:21 AM
I'm sorry about the baby. It's common for this to happen before they "get serious" and have a healthy clutch. Good luck! :)

lute
08-07-2006, 02:59 PM
poor chick. :( hopefully the next clutch will be better.

Logan
08-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Sorry it didn't work out, this time, if you really wanted babies. :( Milly has now laid 16 eggs in the last two months, all of which she abandoned. I don't think that any of hers were fertile, though. I'm so glad to see her up and moving around again, climbing on the gym, not trying to bite me when I clean the cage. I hope she is through laying for a while now. Each of the clutches she produced had 8 eggs.

Roger is definitely happier now, too, and we're working on a new song, but we're having trouble with that one! LOL!! Does a bird ever get too old to learn new songs? :confused:

Logan, Roger and Milly

binka_nugget
08-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Wow Logan! 16!! :eek: What a girl!

Tonks laid five more. They're doing a better job this time and I added a more secure box. If they're fertile this time, they should be hatching in about two weeks!

Logan
08-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Good luck! I'll try to keep checking in. Sometimes I get slack about checking Pet General. PM me if I'm missing something, please!

Logan