PDA

View Full Version : Charley, the stray - Gary will love this one

Grace
08-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Here's Charley. He's been hanging around in the neighborhood for the past year. He's not neutered - and is on the small side. Wary, but will let me pet him now. He does like the food I serve, and the milk.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/DSCN5421.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/DSCN5424.jpg

Catty1
08-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Oh, I love his smudgey face! LOL And his eyes look orange, which is an unusual colour for a B&W kitty!

If he gets tame enough that you can get him neutered - would you keep him?

Grace
08-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Oh, I love his smudgey face! LOL And his eyes look orange, which is an unusual colour for a B&W kitty!

If he gets tame enough that you can get him neutered - would you keep him?

His eyes are orange at times, and are so expressive. We have already talked about getting him neutered. Mind you, we have 5 right now, and my husband is allergic to cats. So we'll see how it goes.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Mind you, we have 5 right now, and my husband is allergic to cats. So we'll see how it goes.

One more won't hurt ;)

catmandu
08-07-2006, 11:29 AM
I do love that Big Scrappy Face, and I would be putting out special treats, and quality food for that Visitor.
If hes a stray Cat, I hope that you can help him with a Furr Ever Home, or at leasta Santuary where he can have someplace to dine.
Bless You for helping Charley.

Grace
08-07-2006, 05:54 PM
I do love that Big Scrappy Face, and I would be putting out special treats, and quality food for that Visitor.
If hes a stray Cat, I hope that you can help him with a Furr Ever Home, or at leasta Santuary where he can have someplace to dine.
Bless You for helping Charley.

I knew you would like him, Gary. We're quite sure he is a stray, but not feral - yet. We will keep feeding him and showing him love; and in a little bit will make arrangements to get him neutered. Then he can stay here if he wants; or come and go as he does now. He will know we care.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/DSCN5420.jpg

rg_girlca
08-08-2006, 01:27 PM
OMG!!!! That second picture just melted me to mush. Just look at that face. A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E OR WHAT!!!!! I just love his markings. :)

Good luck in getting him neutered.

Don Juan's mom
08-08-2006, 06:30 PM
aint that just the way with hoomins you make frends and they say we will take you someplace nice then WHAM your b***s are gone dont do it pal

yr friend don juan

momcat
08-08-2006, 06:53 PM
OMG, what a face!!!!! He is simply beyond adorable, and his eyes are something else. How could anyone not fall completely and totally in love with that little guy? Thank you so much for caring enough to feed him and show him love. Please keep us updated on him?

kb2yjx
08-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Like the others, I think you are doing a wonderful thing by helping out Charley!! Fingers are crossed that you will be able to get him fixed and maybe some extra Benadryl for your husband, so Charley can live the safe indoor life??? Good luck and keep us posted on how things go....

catmandu
08-08-2006, 07:30 PM
The Pet Angels are telling Charley that you have a preety good set up, and that a Furr Ever Home is his for the asking.
We are praying that Charley will have a home with you.
Hes such a handsome Boy.

AbbyMom
08-08-2006, 07:38 PM
What a handsoe kitty!

Mind you, we have 5 right now, and my husband is allergic to cats. So we'll see how it goes.
LOL! I can't help but mention....what's one more cat? Perhaps he won't notice a sixth?

Just kidding! :D

:D

Grace
08-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Tonight he came for dinner - I filled that bowl 3 times, and gave him some milk. Then he wanted to be petted. No purring that I can feel or hear, but he does like the stroking. Made an attempt to pick him up - no outright hostility, but he wasn't real happy.

One small step at a time - lucky for Charley I have lots of time to give him.

rg_girlca
08-08-2006, 11:00 PM
I had to come back and take a look at Charley again. I think I'm in love. :D

Bless you for taking care of this gorgeous boy and give him some petties from me too please.

Yup, one small step and one day at a time.

orangemm
08-09-2006, 05:12 PM
I had a stray "Charley" years ago. Loved him very much. This guy looks like he would be very easy to fall for!!!

Thank you for looking out for him.......... :)

Grace
08-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Progress Note: this evening he purred!! After several bowls of food, and milk - I was stroking him and both heard and felt the purrs!!

momcat
08-10-2006, 05:54 PM
I don't know, Grace, but it sure sounds like Charlie is considering you for his furever Meowmie. I really believe that our pets choose us and cute little Charlie has chosen you! What a wonderful update! :D

Karen
08-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Progress Note: this evening he purred!! After several bowls of food, and milk - I was stroking him and both heard and felt the purrs!!

Hmmm, he certainly has you figured out.

"Wait for it, food, okay, wait for it, more food, okay, wait, more food, okay, milk ... ah, well, might as well indulge her in a purr or two. She's so easy to please!"