PDA

View Full Version : China kills 50,000 dogs

lute
08-06-2006, 09:07 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad:
link (http://www.boston.com/news/world/asia/articles/2006/08/02/rabies_scare_prompts_killing_of_50000_dogs/)

Argranade
08-06-2006, 09:45 AM
!!!!!! They did not have to kill all those poor doggies what about the healthy ones :rolleyes:

Ya know I dont like China anymore it seems there doing the worst things to dogs and cats most of my down part is fur.

Roxyluvsme13
08-06-2006, 05:27 PM
I saw that, and signed a petition for it.

IRescue452
08-06-2006, 05:43 PM
With the 63 cents they offered each owner to kill the dogs, they could have vaccinated each dog.

zoey
08-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Horrific!! Can you imagine, walking your dog and a "cop" comes by and clubs the dog to death right in front of you?!!!!!! 50,0000 times. There are no words.

Giselle
08-12-2006, 09:04 PM
!!!!!! They did not have to kill all those poor doggies what about the healthy ones :rolleyes:

Ya know I dont like China anymore it seems there doing the worst things to dogs and cats most of my down part is fur.

I'm sorry, but that's quite ignorant. You can't dislike an entire country simply because they raise animals for fur. You might as well dislike every other country that eats cows, chickens, pigs, raises fur, kills animals for medicine... heck, why don't you hate EVERY country? For what it's worth, I am Chinese and I found that comment to be quite inappropriate. You can't say China is "doing the worst things to dogs and cats". You've never been there and I highly doubt you've been to any of the other Asian/third-world countries. A country can only support so many animals without compromising the health of its own citizens. I'm sorry, but I'd rather have one dog die than have one of my cousins die.

I agree that the governing body was wrong in the sense that they slaughtered privately owned pets, but many of you don't understand how China runs. Sanitation is not a high priority and it's VERY easy for a privately owned dog to be bitten by a rabies-infected stray dog. Furthermore, the disease can spread like crazy with so many strays and unwatched family pets. Chinese dogs are not often leashed or supervised like American dogs.

*sigh*

The killings prompted calls for a boycott of Chinese products from the activist group People For the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
Have fun, PETA because you guys are going to have to boycott alot of clothes, vegetables, furniture, shoes, etc. What a dumb "solution" :rolleyes:

Catty1
08-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Someone mentioned that rural areas of China may not have access to vets, etc.

I admit I have not been there, but according to people who HAVE been, "rural" in China compared to Canada is so beyond 'out in the sticks' that we can barely comprehend.

I highly doubt there are any vets outside the major cities. I am happy to stand corrected.

China is a HUGE, vast country. Looks like the media can get to the countryside easily enough...

Reachoutrescue
08-12-2006, 10:49 PM
IT IS UNBELIEVABLE WHAT CHINA DOES TO THE CATS AND DOGS OUT THERE. I HAVE SEEN SO MUCH HORROR AND SO MUCH PAIN. THIS REALLY DOES NOT SURPRISE ME....BUT STILL SICKENS AND SADDENS ME BEYOND WORDS.

ashleycat
08-13-2006, 04:22 PM
:eek: :mad: :( I would be traumatized

Poor doggies. Why couldn't they just test them ? Or atleast hand out manditory testing and shots to the owners?

Giselle
08-15-2006, 12:33 AM
:eek: :mad: :( I would be traumatized

Poor doggies. Why couldn't they just test them ? Or atleast hand out manditory testing and shots to the owners?
Because China doesn't have the resources. They don't have the money or patience to ask dog owners to comply with mandatory testing/vaccinations.

I do feel bad for the dogs and the manner in which they had to die, but that's how life is in China. When money is scarce, there's only so much you can do.

Catty1, there are "vets" in cities, but they're so fake I doubt they've gone through any official schooling. So, yeah, what you've heard is true... unfortunately =(