PDA

View Full Version : Did you mean yogurt?

kuhio98
08-05-2006, 05:57 PM
I thought this was funny. I was using the check spelling/grammar function of a word processing program today. I always get confused on how to spell "offered". Is it two f's? Two r's? Naturally, I had spelled it incorrectly (as always). The ever helpful program caught the mispelling but asked me if I meant to type "yogurt" instead. :confused: :confused: Uhhh, no. That's not what I meant.

Has your program ever :D offered :D you a strange choice like that? Examples please!

Husky_mom
08-07-2006, 10:32 AM
i mostly never use those programs, sorry i cant make an input here :)

but that was funny ROFLMAO.......yogurt..........LOL

Maresche
08-07-2006, 10:49 AM
My RL name is Meghann and everytime I spell check a document with my name in it, the program asks if I meant Megaton.

Does a lot for a girl's ego, you know? :(

kuhio98
08-07-2006, 10:57 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif That's very rude of the program. Funny, but rude!

K9soul
08-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Since I do medical transcription, this happens constantly. Some of them are really hilarious. I can't remember specifics since it happens so frequently, but if I have any good ones come up I'll remember this thread and add them :D

sirrahbed
08-07-2006, 12:07 PM
You come up with the most interesting ideas for posts, Lisa :)

My name, Debbie.....offers debase, debit and debate. Seems like three pretty negative offerings to me :p

kuhio98
08-10-2006, 04:15 PM
You come up with the most interesting ideas for posts, Lisa :) Gosh, thanks Debbie. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_13_17.gif

pitc9
08-11-2006, 08:36 AM
Yes, this happens to me!
I am a HORRIBLE speller, so I have my e-mail program set to run spell check before sending all e-mails. So I've had quite a few funny ones! I'll have to remember them and get back to you!

sasvermont
08-11-2006, 08:45 AM
We have dictation software that comes with Microsoft Professional Office blah blah blah, and it needs to be set up before you can begin dictations. What a riot. Even now, it offers me such funny suggestions. It also corrects grammar, or tries to, anyway. We still have a long way to go with software that "suggests" ....... hehehehehehe! Cellphones are another story.....when looking for a person in your database.....not even close to the correct name most of the time!

:confused: