PDA

View Full Version : Dark Water Rising: The Truth About Hurricane Katrina Animal Rescues

wolf_Q
08-05-2006, 02:57 PM
I saw this posted on another forum. "The film is a gripping new documentary showing the truth behind Hurricane Katrina animal rescues." http://darkwaterrising.com/

It's coming to Utah near the end of August...I think I'm going to try to go, I read on the forum that some of the proceeds were going to be donated to local animal welfare organizations. You can check out the tour dates to see if its coming near you.

cyber-sibes
08-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Let us know how it is, Amy. I watched the trailer, I think I would be bawling my eyes out by the end of the opening credits. It looks like a very raw film, brutally honest. I kept up to the Humane Society's efforts during the flood through their newsletter, there was so much to do and so few people doing it. They posted stories about reunions pretty often, I think to keep morale up.

wolf_Q
08-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Yes I think I will be bawling as well if I do go. Tissues are a necessity. I could hardly watch any footage of it on the news.

Roxyluvsme13
08-05-2006, 07:22 PM
I wish there were some tour dates near me.. it looks like it's going to be good.

Vela
08-05-2006, 07:45 PM
I think I'd like to try to go to that as well, just have to figure out where Tower theater is.

Uabassoon
08-05-2006, 10:13 PM
I watched the trailor, it looked interesting. It's too bad that it won't be showing anywhere near me.

Pembroke_Corgi
08-06-2006, 11:53 AM
It's not coming here until March, but I don't know if I could watch it anyway. I have a really hard time seeing any kind of violence, especially when it's real. When I was a freshman in college I saw a PETA video and it still haunts me.

CathyBogart
08-06-2006, 12:58 PM
I think it's worth a trip to San Francisco for me, I'm going to try to go.