PDA

View Full Version : Some sad news

nsweezie
08-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Hello all,

I've had some terrible news today. My mother has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer, which has spread to other parts of her body. The news has knocked me for a loop as I'm sure you can imagine.
I'd like to take this opportunity to ask all the women on the board to please listen to your body. My mother, being a busy woman with a lot on her plate, just dismissed the bloating and dull aches in her belly as no big deal. But a little voice in her head told her that there could be more to it and eventually she went to the doctor. Sometimes that little voice inside all of us does know best.
All good thoughts and wishes are greatly appreciated.
Louise

Catty1
08-05-2006, 01:52 PM
HUGS AND PRAYERS!

Ovarian cancer has a bad rep - BUT MORE and MORE women are surviving it!

I am praying that quick treatment will get your mom well in no time!

Please take care of yourself, and hug your mom for me!

jenluckenbach
08-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Hugs & Prayers For Your Mom!!!!!!!!!

caseysmom
08-05-2006, 03:45 PM
I am so sorry. I hope your mother can fight this terrible disease.

Karen
08-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Prayers on the way for your mom, and for you.

zoey
08-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Lots of prayers and hugs for your mamma and you.

slick
08-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Tell your Mom to stand up tall, and shake her fist and stare cancer directly in the eye and shout out loud "I dare you!!!" In my line of work, I do meet up with the odd cancer patient and if there is anything that I've learned it's that attitude is everything.

Catty is right....there are many, many cancer survivors out there. I see you are in England. I don't know what you have over there but in the US and Canada the Cancer Society has plenty of resources available. One great program is called Cancer Connection and it matches up patients with survivors who have gone through the same thing. It's a very helpful program and it's offered free. There is also has a free Cancer Information Line where you can call to get answers to difficult questions. Your Mom and family can get through this with some help. I'm sure the doctor can refer you to some organizations.

More prayers offered up from me. Please PM me if I can help, OK?

krazyaboutkatz
08-05-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to your mom. Please take care.

Soapets
08-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Nebraska, for you mom, you, and other affected family members................

Deb

GreyhoundGirl
08-06-2006, 08:08 PM
:( I am so sorry, {{{ HUGS }}}}

Logan
08-07-2006, 08:08 AM
I will definitely keep your mother in my prayers, Louise.

Logan

jenluckenbach
08-07-2006, 09:20 AM
How's your mom today??

Pawsitive Thinking
08-07-2006, 09:25 AM
BIG UK hug heading to you and Mom

My Peanuts
08-07-2006, 11:44 AM
I will pray for your mom. My neighbor beat ovarian cancer years and years ago and now she is fine. I hope your family has an outcome like that.

elizabethann
08-07-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about your Mother. Ovarian cancer runs in my family, so I have to be extra careful.

Hugs to you & your Mom.

Take care.