PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, Chelsea.. RIP

BC_MoM
08-05-2006, 10:59 AM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/Aquarius89/100_0845.jpg

Chelsea's going to doggie Heaven sometime today. She went for surgery two weeks ago to remove a large mass from the tip of her tail bone, which we thought was preventing her from pooping. She had a little bit of nerve damage to the right back leg. She hasn't pooped in over a week, and all the vets spoken with think there is a blockage somewhere along the way.

My Grandparents have decided to not go for the $300 X-rays and try surgery. They just can't afford it.

Chelsea has been part of the family for a long time, everyone knows her. It's going to be weird having her gone, but it's my grandparents decision. She's only 11 years old. If it weren't for her being 20 pounds over weight, I'm most certain this outcome would have been different, or it wouldn't have happened at all.

How many times did I tell them she had to go to the vet a week after this all started and she wasn't pooping? I guess if I'd been an adult they would have listened.

She's not even going to have a last, stress free day. It's thunderstorming, they're expected all day - and she's terrified of them.

Mickey's been laying with Chelsea all morning. I guess I should go lay with her for a while, too. :( :( :(

RedyreRotties
08-05-2006, 11:01 AM
My deepest sympathies to you on your impending loss.

Go well, Chelsea. All your pain and suffering will be gone.

*iluvskipper*
08-05-2006, 11:03 AM
oh no!! i wish i could help i almost cried reading this because it reminds me of when Skipper died and Skipper looked a little bit like Chelsea... er maybe not.. :( :( :( worst day of my life.. :( :( :( (my name's Chelsea, too, btw ;) )

Cinder & Smoke
08-05-2006, 11:14 AM
So Sorry, Jess. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

Safe Trip to The Bridge, Dear Chelsea.

Give Sympathy and Comfort to to your Grandparents, Jess ...
now isn't the time for "You shudda ..." or "I told you so".

/s/ http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif Phred

cyber-sibes
08-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Give that sweet girl a pat on the head. She won't have to suffer anymore. This is always a tough decision, hugs to you & your grandparents, too. May warm memories of your times with her give you some comfort on this sad day. :(
Play in the sunlight at the RB, Chelsea!

chocolatepuppy
08-05-2006, 02:37 PM
I'm so sorry about Chelsea. :( I'm sure your grandparents did the best they could. When you are losing a beloved pet it is easy to think what should or could have been done. Please don't be hard on yourself or your grandparents. {hugs} Chelsea will be happily playing at the Rainbow Bridge.

BC_MoM
08-05-2006, 03:27 PM
She's gone now. I just can't believe it. I can't imagine that someone who brought so much joy and brightness to my day.. my grandparents day.. especially my Granddad's. She was his sidekick. She loved riding in his truck. She loved laying outside in the garage while he worked on things..

I just can't believe she's gone. :(

Daisy and Delilah
08-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Rest in Peace sweetheart :( My condolences to your Grandparents. They have to be completely heartbroken :(

Lori Jordan
08-05-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm so sorry my thoughts are with you.

MajesticCollies
08-05-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I know the feeling of the decision for I had to do that a few years ago. Our prayers are with you here at Majestic Collies.

WarahGirl1995
08-05-2006, 10:16 PM
I feel sorry for you and Chelsea. You will be in my thoughts

Dorothy39
08-05-2006, 11:32 PM
I too feel your complete aloneness, your sorrow.

The picture you posted of Chelsea was such an honorable measure of devotion for a "Wonderful Dog"

This thread was so hard to read. so very hard!!!!

As you mentioned that Chelsea loved to ride in "his" truck, and was at your Grandfather's side while he worked in his garage. :(

She was a joyous presence in your life, and in their life too.

They are so very heart broken :( , Please Let Them Know that I am so sorry they lost their beloved Chelsea. Hugs to you during this time of sorrow.

luvofallhorses
08-05-2006, 11:53 PM
I am so sorry for your, Jess. :( she was a beautiful girl and now she's pain free and happy and healthy again. (((HUGS)))

zoey
08-06-2006, 12:34 AM
Bless you and Chelsea.
I am overcome with sadness to read of this tragic loss.
But as others have said please don't forget the happiness you enjoyed together. She'd want you to.
*hugs* So sorry for your loss. :(

Crazy-Cat-Lover
08-06-2006, 01:38 AM
I'm very sorry - Rest in peace sweet Chelsea. http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/angels/angel2.gif

KYS
08-06-2006, 09:10 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Chesea. Her special memories
will live in your hearts forever.
Sending Hugs (((^..^)))

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-06-2006, 09:48 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Chelsea's passing... :(

I'm sending you and your grandparents a bunch of virtual hugs!!
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif

Alysser
08-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about beautiful Chelsea! RIP little girl. :(

BC_MoM
08-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Thank you for all of your sweet words, you guys.. It truly does help.

Last night the whole family got together and had a dinner together. It was really nice. It was full of tears and laughter.

I think what's hurting me the most is to see how hurt my grandparents are. Chelsea really was a part of them. She was their baby.

Soon enough they will be remembering all the funny, silly things about Chelsea, and push aside the memories of her on her bad days.

She had spunk until the end. Always putting Molly in her place. :p This house was hers, even if she didn't live here. She was a part of the Savage and Hansen families before Mickey and Molly, therefore, head dog.

Thanks again you guys.... I really appreciate it. (((HUGS)))

sabies
08-07-2006, 07:51 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss, RIP Chelsea at the bridge.

zoey
08-07-2006, 08:45 AM
..::HUGS::..
It's so great that the family got together and had rememberance of dear Chelsea. That is wonderful.