PDA

View Full Version : I Have an Interview Monday with CEDARS SINAI!!!

NoahsMommy
08-05-2006, 01:03 AM
I'm sooooo excited!! I have an interview on Monday down at Cedar-Sinai (world renown hospital and medical center) and I'm so thrilled!!

I also applied for 5 other positions via their website, just in case this one doesn't work out.

Can you all keep me in your prayers that this is where God wants me next???

I still have my job at the local hospital, but I needed health insurance soon as David and I are filing for divorce soon and the ins at my current work sucks.

I've been wanting to leave there for a while, but didn't want to seem flighty or flakey on my resume. My goal was to give it a year and then start looking. But this came up. :)

I would be working in a department like Bed Control. Basically we place patients in beds from surgery, the ER or from the doctors offices. I currently do this now in addition to admitting, but my hospital is MUCH smaller than Cedars. (mine is 100-150 beds, Cedars is 990!!)

I really apreciate your prayers, if you wouldn't mind. :)

I'll be sure and let you all know about Monday when I get home. Yay!! :D This is like, my dream job and I've somewhat planned to work their after medschool, but I guess things just happened faster for me.

Thank you!!!!

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Cookiebaker
08-05-2006, 03:46 AM
Ooh Kelly, this sounds like a great opportunity. Best of Luck and Best Wishes that everything will work out as you hope! :)

JenBKR
08-05-2006, 08:27 AM
((((hugs)))) and tons of prayers for your new dream job! Good luck and keep us posted!

Roxyluvsme13
08-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Best of luck!

catnapper
08-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Many prayers that this works for you!!!

PS: Glad to hear from you again... how is everything else going for you?

Karen
08-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Good luck! Prayers coming your way!

shais_mom
08-05-2006, 11:14 PM
you know I'm sending you luck to get out of the situation you are in now! :)

K9karen
08-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Hey, Girl! Where ya been!? Of course prayers are on the way that you get the job you want! Such a well known hospital too! Whoo! Whoo! I have to admit, I'd be scoping out the celebrities. :rolleyes:

G535
08-06-2006, 03:42 AM
Fingers and claws crossed here too, we really hope you get the job, it sounds perfect! :)

Pembroke_Corgi
08-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Good luck!!!

luvofallhorses
08-06-2006, 01:05 PM
good luck, Kelly! :D

Kirsten
08-06-2006, 02:39 PM
OMG, even here in Germany, we've heard about Cedar's Sinai!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, good luck!!! :)

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
08-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Good luck Kelly!!! All fingers and paws are crossed here. I sure hope that you get your dream job.:D

Cincy'sMom
08-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Good Luck Kelly!!!

gini
08-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Kelly, you know that you have my prayers for great success tomorrow!

flamepony12
08-06-2006, 07:05 PM
That's where I was born! :)

Good Luck! :D

zoey
08-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Good luck with the interview tomorrow! You don't need luck, as I'm sure you're going to be a good assett there, but just in case...:D

Logan
08-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Good luck today, Kelly!!!!!! :)

Rachel
08-07-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm hoping to see a post on how the interview went. Fingers crossed.

BOBS DAD
08-07-2006, 03:33 PM
I'll say a little prayer right now and hope that you post good news very soon!

gini
08-07-2006, 03:41 PM
I had a little call from Kelly on her way to the interview. She had made a wrong turn - so I talked her back onto the right road.

She promised to post as soon as she gets back home after the interview.

Go Kelly!!!!

shais_mom
08-07-2006, 11:30 PM
GPS -
GINI PAGING SYSTEM ;)

hmm 930 Cali time -
she must be pooped out.

pnance
08-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Kelly hopefully your interview really well. Fingers crossed....

RICHARD
08-08-2006, 02:45 AM
Eff mapquest.

When you have a PTer's phone number you will get to where you are going...

Right Staci? :D

mina'smomma
08-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey Kelly we're waiting to hear about this interview. I hope it went great and you get the job you sound so excited about.

slick
08-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Calling Kelly!! Hello???? Are you there??? I won't stop praying until you check in. :)

shais_mom
08-08-2006, 10:25 PM
you are sooo right Richard! ;)

I called Kelly and left a VM on her phone and told her PT'er were on the edge of their seats. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
08-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Oh Kelly, I just saw this. I hope everything went well for you. If anyone deserves this it's you. I can't wait to hear how it went.

NoahsMommy
08-10-2006, 08:13 PM
What a horrible PTer I am!! I ask for prayers and leave!! :( Bad KELLY!!! :(

Thank you all for the prayers...you're very nice to offer me up like that. I know they'll help. :)

My interview went well, I hope! Its so hard to tell, you know?? I'm pretty sure it went well. I answered her questions with good answers (in my opinion, of course!) and we got along really well.

I was shown the dept I'd be working in, if I were chosen. After the interview, Therese left me with a woman that works in the Billing department and she walked me to HR, where Therese had called ahead.

Sidebar on their hiring process...you submit your resume via their website or to HR.

HR picks them out of all that have been submitted and takes them to your would be manager. They read through them and call those that sound good. Based on the phone interview, he/she invites you to an interview.

You go to the interview. If he/she likes you from there, they invite you to go to HR and fill out their Application (+ additional intervew questions attached) and turn it in. From there, they call your references and process your background check (in some cases, a credit check as well). If both those come back OK, you're considered hirable....almost!! HR talks to your would be manager and tells her/him that you're OK. From there, the manager picks out the candidate he/she wants. From there, you go to HR and do a drug test and an exam. Once those are clear, you are then given a job offer.

Did I say that normally it takes MONTHS for them to even get to your resume??

I was so lucky because my good friend Ray had an interview for my position last Wednesday and instead of having an interview, gave her MY RESUME!!! Therese called me that night and we set up Monday's interview! :)
(Ray had already accepted a position at UCLA a week prior and thought if she hand-carried my resume, I'd have a better chance.)

I finished filling out the Application and then waited to speak with my HR rep, Jacquelinne. She was really nice and answered all of my questions. The benefits are PERFECT for me...I'm sooo glad! They even help with school tuition!!!! :D

So, I'm supposed to hear on Friday...at least, that's what Therese told me. So this time I promise to let you all know as soon as I do! I can't get Pet Talk at work, so I'll have someone else update if I can't.

Thanks again for the prayers. I really, really, really need them. I cannot tell you how great this would be for me. It would help me in A LOT of my life issues right now and I just hope God agrees. We'll see, right??

Love you guys! You're so wonderful!!!

Love, Kelly :)

slick
08-10-2006, 08:38 PM
My goodness little Sis, I've been on pins and needles wondering about you. Thank you so much for checking in.

That whole process sounds very familiar. To get hired on here you have to practically jump through the hoops of several departments before you even get a second interview.

Anyway this certainly sounds promising and I'm sure you will finally get the break you deserve. You are supposed to hear Friday....is that tomorrow???? If you do, call Gini or Karen or someone and they can post for you. Please don't keep us waiting?? ;) :(

Praying really really hard up here. Please God, let her get this wonderful job.

Love ya
xoxoxoxo

zoey
08-10-2006, 08:44 PM
I hope it all works out for you! I'll check back in tomorrow. Can't wait to find out if you got it!!

shais_mom
08-10-2006, 11:39 PM
hope hope hoping for good news Friday lovie!

Uabassoon
08-10-2006, 11:43 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

krazyaboutkatz
08-11-2006, 12:09 AM
Kelly,I'm sending more prayers and positive thoughts your way. I hope to hear some great news tomorrow.:)

BitsyNaceyDog
08-11-2006, 07:33 AM
Good luck Kelly. You're in my prayers.

ramanth
08-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Good luck Kelly!

slick
08-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Just checking to see if there is any news yet.....

wolflady
08-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Wow! How out of the loop am I?? :eek: I'm glad the first interview seemed to go well. Any hospital would be lucky to have you work for them. Do let us know what happened today! Fingers crossed! :D

**hugs**

NoahsMommy
08-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Hey guys!! Thanks so much for the prayers....keep them coming if you can, I still need them. :)

I DID get a call back from the HR department, from Jacquelinne. She said that out of 9 parts to the Background Check + Reference Check, 5 were done. That was as of Friday @ 9:10 a.m. She said that she would call me on Monday sometime.

I haven't heard from Therese, the person that interviewed me. She said she'd be done with interviews Friday....so it sounds like Monday is going to be THE DAY. :) :) :)

I sure hope its ME!!! I'm having a horrible time at my current job right now! :(

AND, I'm currently packing my stuff and am moving from CiCi/Phil's house to my mom/Jerry's house today. :( The cats are supposed to go to David's, but I haven't heard from him...I'm getting worried and needless to say, I NEED all the prayes I can get.

They've moved me to another dept at work, under the guise of "cross training", but I know from my supervisor, that the newly added supervisor wants it to be permanent. We don't get along very well...and I think this is punishment for me being ill so much. :(

I've spoken with my Director and she says everyone is cross-training and that EVERYONE is going it, that I should be flattered that me and the girl I'm switching with are the first to do this.

I just want to get this Cedars job and quit that horrid hospital. :mad: :mad:

Well, off to pack some more....

moosmom
08-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Wishing to LOTS of luck Kelly!!! I know how difficult it is to find a decent job these days. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

(((((HUGS)))))))

Donna

pnance
08-13-2006, 11:17 PM
Wishing you the best. Sounds like you have a great shot at the job.

shais_mom
08-20-2006, 11:24 PM
I got a call from Kelly Saturday nite - she is at her parents house - 2 kitties are with David and the other 3 are boarded in a very nice place only 10 miles away from her and she can see them any time
and
SHE GOT THE JOB AT CEDARS!
Her first day is 9-11-06!
She can't update from work but she was going to try to go to the library after work on Monday.

Sevaede
08-20-2006, 11:38 PM
WOOHOO! CONGRATULATIONS!

I am so glad that you got the job you wanted! You deserve it! :D

krazyaboutkatz
08-21-2006, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the update Staci. I'm so glad you got the job Kelly!!! Congrats!!!:D

Killearn Kitties
08-21-2006, 02:47 AM
Excellent News! Congratulations Kelly! :D

Rachel
08-21-2006, 05:53 AM
Congratulations, Kelly! I hope this is one of many pieces that will be falling into place for you.

kittycats_delight
08-21-2006, 06:55 AM
All fingers,toes,whiskers & paws crossed here. You so deserve good things. All the luck in the world Kelly. Go get em

Freckles
08-21-2006, 07:25 AM
That's great news for a Monday morning.!

BitsyNaceyDog
08-21-2006, 07:36 AM
Congratulations Kelly!!

zoey
08-21-2006, 07:48 AM
Way to go, Kelly! *thumbs up* Go get 'em!! :D
And thanks for letting us know, Shais mom. :D

Logan
08-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Congratulations, Kelly!!!!! :)

Catty1
08-21-2006, 08:26 AM
WOOHOO!

SO glad this happened for you!

HUGS!

catnapper
08-21-2006, 08:58 AM
I knew you'd get it!!!! This is WONDERFUL!!! Good luck in your new job and hang in there til Sept 11th!!!

gini
08-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Not too bad............a brand new job at one of the finest hospitals in the world!

Way to go, Kelly! I am so happy for you - this is just the first step in many many more positive events coming your way!

You deserve them all.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Woohoo, congrats with that new job, Kelly!!!!

wolflady
08-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Not too bad............a brand new job at one of the finest hospitals in the world!

Way to go, Kelly! I am so happy for you - this is just the first step in many many more positive events coming your way!

You deserve them all.

You said it Gini!! I'm so glad that you got the job at Cedar's. Congratulations!!!! :D Let's catch up soon!

**hugs**

Corinna
08-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Way to go girl . Congrats.

Cincy'sMom
08-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Congratulations Kelly!!!

pitc9
08-22-2006, 07:50 AM
Yippee!!
You GO Girl!!! :D

pnance