PDA

View Full Version : Sad poem/story about cats in shelters...

kt_luvs_kitties
08-04-2006, 09:36 PM
I found this on another forum. It is so true. *wipes eyes*

MESSAGE FROM AN OLD SHELTER CAT - Author Unknown

I sit alone and so confused behind the metal bars. The loss that I am feeling will forever leave its scars.
My family left me here one day a month or two ago. They said, "Dont worry, Tabby, youll find a home, we know."
It seems theyd bought a condo that said "No Pets Permitted." I thought theyd never leave me but then they went and did it.
My favorite windowsill is gone where I used to lay and sun. I cried all night the day they left and remembered years of fun.
The people stop and look at me and always say, "Poor Thing". Then they choose a kitten when they could have had a King.
As Christmas nears, its gotten worse I remember presents under the tree, lots of catnip and a turkey dinner, loving hands that once stroked me.
There were lots and lots of laughter as I played with all my toys. I miss them both so much this day their love, their kisses and the joys
so, please, if you stop by my "home", just give me an extra rub. Ive given up being adopted, but I sure could use the love.
And if you really like me, Please, Please take me with you Ill be real good, I promise, and love you long and true.

G535
08-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Now I'm an emotional wreck. :(

My cat and I spent the first seven years of his life in rented accommodation that said "no pets permitted".

jenluckenbach
08-05-2006, 06:39 AM
I knew this would bring on the tears. How I wish more people would care about how animals feel. :(

kb2yjx
08-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Unfortunately, so true and so sad. I am going to give all the Clan and extra kiss right now....

orangemm
08-05-2006, 01:38 PM
BIG time LES going on here. :(

zoey
08-05-2006, 01:44 PM
This made me cry. It's so true. :(
I believe kids and babies in daycare feel this way too sometimes, but they at least get to go home at night. :(

catmandu
08-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Its so ahrd going past the Ctas in Petcetera, and seeing those sad faces.
I sneak chicken into them so they can have a bit of a treat, but was asked to stop.
I still bring bits from the Mandarin but an more discreet.
Its the least I can do.
The Found Cats are going to the Pampered Feline on my One Fine Day.
I hope that they are happy there.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cats054.jpg
I know they will miss the house.
Maybe I can appoint a Guardian to come and take care of them, in thier own place.