PDA

View Full Version : Candy is going to a pet home..

wolfsoul
08-04-2006, 08:00 PM
I was really hoping we could keep her. We already knew that she wasn't nearly perfect conformation-wise, but she has such a great temperment and would make a great working dog, so I was definatly ready to breed her anyways. She could finish her championship either way.

But we took a better look at her today and realised she has splayed feet. This can effect the working ability of the dog, and since Belgians are bred to run all day long, this is just something too major to risk breeding into.

So we've made the decision to place her in a pet home and in a few years or so we will get and co-own together another dog out of the same lines, possibly out of Candy's grandfather, as Candy does have such a nice temperment and alot of drive. If anyone here knows someone who would be interested, let me know. We are willing to ship to the RIGHT home. She is such a sweet girl and deserves the one-on-one attention she will get in a pet home.

Corinna
08-04-2006, 09:11 PM
You are making sure she is spay so some nit wit byb doesn't get ideas. Glad you could make such a choice I couldn't with Merlin so we had him fixed and I couldn't part with him. Best choice I made he became my alert dog and until the cancer we were inseperateable.

lute
08-04-2006, 10:17 PM
i agree with Corinna! i would get her spayed before placing her. there are some terrible people out there. i'm so sorry she didn't turn out. i'm sure she'll love being a beloved pet. :D

cyber-sibes
08-04-2006, 11:23 PM
I hope Candy will get a great home, I'm sure you will see to it. Since we got our wonderful Sherman in a similar fashion (couldn't be bred due to a recessive genetic trait & was put up for adoption as a pet), I just know someone out there will thank their lucky star when this girl lands in their home as a beloved pet!

Danegirl2208
08-04-2006, 11:44 PM
I know you'll find her a good home! good luck, and i wish Candy the best in her new forever home.

zoomer
08-05-2006, 12:22 AM
I totally agree with Corinna 100%, you should definetley get her spayed before placing her in a new home so they can't make more designer breeds or something like that :rolleyes:

Karen
08-05-2006, 12:46 AM
What a lovely, and fabulous pet she will make, and hopefully the splayed feet won't trouble her too much in the long run, if the owners are aware. She is a beauty, and a sweetheart, and will make someone very happy.

wolfsoul
08-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Thanks everyone. :) Yes she will be on a spay contract, unless the owners decide they want to show her, then she will be on a no-breeding contract. She is still showable, she doesn't have any disqualifications, but her feet will be a fault.

WarahGirl1995
08-05-2006, 11:53 PM
I hope that you find a good home for her. :) I think that you should spay her aswell if they arent going to show her.

CathyBogart
08-06-2006, 01:19 AM
*sigh* If you could shrink her to under 25lbs so she could get past my landlord I'd take her in a heartbeat! Good luck finding her a wonderful home!