PDA

View Full Version : Help - stupid Internet Explorer question

catnapper
08-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Ok, I hate IE, truly and officially but can't get rid of it for many reasons. ANYHOW, Something happened to my addressbar line. Its not there. The only way I can get to stuff is through the favorites.

What happened to my address bar and how do I get it back?

Riptide
08-04-2006, 06:44 PM
right click on the grey part that says "file, edit, etc" and click on "address bar" ^^

catnapper
08-04-2006, 06:49 PM
I did that and its appearing waaaaayyyy over on the right hand side as a little grey box and not moving from there.

Riptide
08-04-2006, 06:50 PM
x.x that's interesting...

the box isn't movable? maybe it just needs to be dragged to where it's supposed to be.

catnapper
08-04-2006, 06:51 PM
I tried dragging and its not bidging.

I hate IE!!!!! :mad:

Roxyluvsme13
08-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Sorry, no idea how to help, but why can't you switch to something like Firefox? It's much simpler.. :)

jenluckenbach
08-04-2006, 07:37 PM
I too would have said "drag it" (It happened to me) Otherwise, I have no clue. :confused:

Freckles
08-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Clicking on View/Toolbars/ and checking address bar

Didn't work?

kuhio98
08-04-2006, 08:24 PM
My address bar has "Search the Web" over to the left and "Address toward the right. When I click on the words "Search the Web", the cursor turns to the + icon. If I hold it down, I can drag the bar down. Does that work for you?

catnapper
08-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Sorry, no idea how to help, but why can't you switch to something like Firefox? It's much simpler.. :)
No, I LOVED Firefox but unfortuntely I could not lock it from other people using it. I am admittedly anal about others using my computer. They couldn't ask me to use my computer, so I took off something I truly enjoyed just because I NEED to to know who is doing what on my computer. Yes, I know how selfish and controlling that is.... my computer has way too much on it to be lost over a virus or someone else's stupid mistake.

If someone knows of something to keep firefox from opening without a password, let me know and I'll reinstall Firefox. Until its password protected, its not on my computer.

BY the way, its all better now. I have no idea what I did, but its now all better! :)

G535
08-04-2006, 09:00 PM
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=2179

You can password protect your profile but it'll only keep Joe Average User out, all passwords can be bypassed fairly easily with a bit of know how. The only safe way to keep others from using your computer is to lock it up. :)

catnapper
08-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the link. I went and reinstalled Firefox, which worked perfectly. Then when I downloaded the extenion my Firefox wouldn't load properly. Its now running in safe mode and it never asked me to set up password stuff.

Sigh. Why does this have to be so difficult? I only want to password protect my internet browser! I can't be the only person in the world who wants to do this!