PDA

View Full Version : Attic Rats

K & L
08-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Are you one of the unfortunate ones that have attic rats? If so, we have Mouser for hire.

Yes, Mouser’s done it again! After a long “hot” day at work I pick up one of my granddaughters and proceed to the grocery store. As we’re unloading them we keep hearing this really weird scratching noise. At first I assume it’s Leila scratching at the bedroom door. Then we hear a meow coming from the air conditioner/heater vents in the ceiling. Mouser had managed to get inside the very “hot” attic and became trapped up there. I called Kevin and told him what was going on and he rushed home. He climbed in the attic only to have Mouser run from him. Eventually he managed to catch him and lower him down. He’s fine, but I swear that guy can find more ways to get in trouble. I figure he's got 7 lives left now! :D

Grace
08-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Have you figured out how he got up there? Poor baby, he must have been in a panic.

K & L
08-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Have you figured out how he got up there? Poor baby, he must have been in a panic.

Yes, in our garage we have a ceiling access to the attic which has a cover over it. We have shelfing along the walls for storage and Mouser climbed up and managed to move the board over enough to climb up there. How he even thinks to do these things is beyond me??? The others have lived in this area for years now and never even attempted anything like this.

krazyaboutkatz
08-04-2006, 11:31 AM
How scary.:eek: I'm glad that you were able to get him out of there asap because I'm sure it was very hot up there. Please be a good boy now Mouser.:)

AbbyMom
08-04-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm glad and he's safe and you know what? I'm really glad you heard him meowing because if he didn't...just think about how long he could have been up there in that heat before you noticed that he was missing? :eek:

Silly kitty!

momcat
08-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Oh Mouser, you really don't have to prove yourself worthy of your name. We know you're an ace mouse hunter. Please be careful in this heat, can't have a sweetie like you getting sick from being where it's just too darn hot.

catmandu
08-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Thats scary when your Cta does something daft, and does not realize taht they are in danger.
Sometimes you just want to shake them.
The Kitten Trio climbs up on the stove after I have just turned off the burners, and I have to yell at them.
We are glad Mouser is all right.

Catsnclay
08-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Gosh, do ya think he is bored??!! :rolleyes: :eek:

Nothing like having to pull a kitty from a 110 degree attic!

WHAT will he think of next?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I just love hearing Mouser & the rest stories........makes my guys look like saints :p