PDA

View Full Version : Small Dogs

zoomer
08-03-2006, 06:49 PM
My mom said our next dog is going to be a little dog. I asked her about a Bichon Frise but she said they took too much grooming for their fur. I also asked about Whippets and Italian Greyhounds but they get cold easily and scar easy. Dachshunds have too many health problems. Beagles bark too much. Jeesh! Can you help?

Almita
08-03-2006, 06:52 PM
hmm that's weird Daschunds are wonderful pets also Chihuahua's Corgie's Shih Tzu's, or a Maltese? Try to find a dog you want and see if she'll let you get that. Seems like she wants one but there are conditions about which one to get.

buttercup132
08-03-2006, 06:55 PM
When the time comes why dont you go to the shelter and look maybe a dog will pick you out. And if its a mixed breed your mom cant say anything about the one breed because it may not have that trait.

Roxyluvsme13
08-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Go to a shelter when it's time for your next dog.. I don't get why you're already deciding on another dog though when your dogs aren't even that old.. :rolleyes:

Almita
08-03-2006, 07:02 PM
When the time comes why dont you go to the shelter and look maybe a dog will pick you out. And if its a mixed breed your mom cant say anything about the one breed because it may not have that trait.

Yea i agree with you about the mixed breed she can't say anything about that. Yes go find a local shelter near you and find a small dog that she will approve when its the time to get your new dog.

zoomer
08-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Go to a shelter when it's time for your next dog.. I don't get why you're already deciding on another dog though when your dogs aren't even that old.. :rolleyes:

Actually, Alaska's 8 years old and he has 3 tumors we cannot afford right now.

hmm that's weird Daschunds are wonderful pets also Chihuahua's Corgie's Shih Tzu's, or a Maltese? Try to find a dog you want and see if she'll let you get that. Seems like she wants one but there are conditions about which one to get.

I had a Dachshund and she got Breast Cancer. I'll check out Chihuahuas and Corgis.

Because my next dog is going to be my show dog.

Roxyluvsme13
08-03-2006, 07:05 PM
8 isn't that old, and if you can't afford tumors how can you afford another dog?

Husky_mom
08-03-2006, 07:19 PM
chihuahuas can be barkers too and have thin coats, but thats no reason to cross them over as whippets and beagles and bichons, if you are really getting a dog, any breed that siut you and your lifestyle would be great, if you look for a flawless dog then youŽre not getting any...........

there are always too high maintenance dogs, long haired ones, barkers, howlers, shedders, predisposition to certain health problems, diggers, run aways, etc............you get my point............

youŽll have to decide which things you can live with adn which ones you donŽt, some people just donŽt stand certain things but have to accept others, its all about loving sacrifice..........IMO

one suggestion BASENJI

P.S. i just mentioned chihuahuas as you are considering them

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Maybe I missed something somewhere, but why does it matter how old her current dogs are? I don't wait for my dogs to get old before I get another...so I'm just curious as to why you'd say that...

Anyway, I was going to mention a Dachshund. Yours may have gotten breast cancer, but overall they're generally a pretty healthy breed (they are prone to back problems, and such as I'm sure you know) but their cancer risk isn't much greater than any other breed. Other than that, I can't really think of anything else at the moment...if I do though, I'll post it :). Is there anything specifically you and your family would like in a dog other than size?

Almita
08-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Maybe I missed something somewhere, but why does it matter how old her current dogs are? I don't wait for my dogs to get old before I get another...so I'm just curious as to why you'd say that...

I'm with you on that i don't get that the current dogs we have have to be old to get another dog.

Chica
08-03-2006, 07:32 PM
During my life I have always had big dogs. German Shepards, or Labradors.But I am an adult and I have chosen to have a Chihuahua. They don't shed very much at all. My Chihuahua doesn't bark unless someone rings the doorbell.It is how you raise them how they might turn out. I take her everywhere with me except the grocery store or restaurants. I have been taking her to Malls and stores since she was a puppy. People love seeing her. They want to pet her, and she is always quiet in the stores and in my car, etc.I bathe her myself and that is not very often because she doesn't get dirty, and chihuahuas don't have any odor. :)

Daisy and Delilah
08-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Please check into getting a Chihuahua! They are the sweetest little dogs. To know a Chihuahua is to love a Chihuahua. They do bark at something or someone that needs to be barked at but they don't bark all the time. I try to train them as to what they need to bark at and not let them get too barky unnecessarily. They do shed some but you can brush them frequently to cut down on that. They're not heavy shedders though. My Chis are only guilty of wanting alot of affection and loving me to death ;) That certainly can't be bad can it?:)

Roxyluvsme13
08-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Because I assumed she was waiting until one of her current dogs went to the RB.. I'm not getting another dog until then, and by future that sounded like what she meant.

Alysser
08-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Okay first off, show dogs, regardless of breed will require lots of grooming, they have grooming stations set up at every show from what I've seen.

Anyway, take it from me. Malteses are wonderful dogs. I've had only one breed throughout my lifetime really and that was a Maltese. They are very affectionate and wonderful companions. Very easy to train and can learn a new trick each day. They are pretty active dogs to if they are raised right. BUT show malteses have VERY long hair that requires special attention so you won't want one if you can't groom a dog.
SHOW MALTESE picture here
http://www.richmaltese.com/PattyaBOSPacificRim.jpg

Companion dog in my signature. ;)

I'm not trying to be rude at all, but if you don't want a dog that requires grooming then don't get a show dog. They require ALOT of attention when it comes to their coats,fur,and hair. There are rules and regulations in a show with the grooming to.

I am in agreement with Briana,Orangutango, and Almita on the dog thing. It doesn't matter how old your old dog is. You shouldn't be thinking of a new dog if you can't afford to help Alaskas health problems.

buttercup132
08-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Because I assumed she was waiting until one of her current dogs went to the RB.. I'm not getting another dog until then, and by future that sounded like what she meant.Thats why you dont assume things.

Roxyluvsme13
08-03-2006, 08:00 PM
Thats why you dont assume things.
Thats why you don't reply negatively to everything I post.. :rolleyes:

GreyhoundGirl
08-03-2006, 08:00 PM
My mom said our next dog is going to be a little dog. I asked her about a Bichon Frise but she said they took too much grooming for their fur. I also asked about Whippets and Italian Greyhounds but they get cold easily and scar easy. Dachshunds have too many health problems. Beagles bark too much. Jeesh! Can you help?

Get cold in Washington ? ! ? ! I have a Grey X Whippet in Canada, and when the temperatures get -40 it doesn't bother her much. :p

I'd go with the idea of visiting a shelter and waiting untill you fall in love with one that suits you. ( that's what happened to me ;) )

.sarah
08-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Dachshunds are great but you must, must, must be up for a challenge in training. They are much more hard headed than Boxers. Lots of Dachshund owners complain of house breaking taking a year or more, even with consistent training.

That being said, they are also very loving, wonderful, spunky little dogs. They are the only small breed I want to own at this point. I had a Dachshund from the time I was 2 years old until February '05 when I was 16. He was my best friend growing up. He was always giving you kisses, always by your side.

Dachshunds are people dogs. They love companionship. They often have a "favorite" person that they prefer, but also are great with everyone. They rarely show aggression, people or dog. They usually love to chase cats and will often chase and kill smaller animals, because that is what they are bred to do. My Dachshund killed lots of my pet hamsters when they got out when I was younger.

And because they love you so much, they put up with all of the stupid stuff you make them do:
http://nova.zoto.com/img/30/0ecc32ee0bc9c328f96a33ca03497655-.jpg http://nova.zoto.com/img/30/9cfc8899a34ee092ef67d0b2c2cd2ed2-.jpg
:D

I miss my boy every day, Dachshund love is unlike any other.

GreyhoundGirl
08-03-2006, 08:05 PM
And for showing, all dogs have health problems, you're going to have to deal with which ones you'll live with. Whippets should be easy to groom for the show ring, though.....

Alysser
08-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Thats why you dont assume things.

Buttercup, I'm not trying to be rude to you in anyway, but I have noticed in a number of threads you always post something negative after Briana posts and it always seems directed to her. I really don't know if you two had a fight or something, but I get aggrivated that you have done this in a number of threads latley when Briana isn't doing anything wrong. I know this is rather off topic, but I'm just saying there is no reason for it. Agian, I don't know what happened or if something even happened but I'm just saying...

I_luv_rusty
08-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Buttercup, I'm not trying to be rude to you in anyway, but I have noticed in a number of threads you always post something negative after Briana posts and it always seems directed to her. I really don't know if you two had a fight or something, but I get aggrivated that you have done this in a number of threads latley when Briana isn't doing anything wrong. I know this is rather off topic, but I'm just saying there is no reason for it.

I agree, I have seen you do that too in alot of threads.

Karen
08-03-2006, 08:18 PM
If Alska has three tumors that you "cannot afford" to do anything about, you cannot afford a new dog. It will require veterinary care, shots, food, check-ups, and getting a "show quality" purebred of any breed is going to be expensive. And showing a dog is not cheap either.

Please ask your mom to take care of the dogs you have before even considering a new dog.

luvofallhorses
08-03-2006, 08:29 PM
I thought you co-owned a show dog? :confused:

GreyhoundDaddy
08-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Get a GREYHOUND!

Some girls are as small as 50lbs!

Lori Jordan
08-03-2006, 08:56 PM
I would personally wait,there is no need to start replacing dogs while they are still living,i would be focused on there welfare instead of "choosing"another breed,If you cannot afford to take your dog to the vet for tumors how do you think you will be able to afford a purebred dog,and a show dog at that,It will cost alot more than what it would to take Georgia in to have her looked at.This just aggravates me you should not own any animal if you cannot afford vet bills now this is for your Mother,She could be in pain and there is nothing that can be done.

Lori Jordan
08-03-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm with you on that i don't get that the current dogs we have have to be old to get another dog.
I agree,My four are all different ages,Now im am done with anymore dogs i have 4 now and do not plan on getting anymore simply because my house is over populated lol.

Almita
08-03-2006, 09:11 PM
I agree,My four are all different ages,Now im am done with anymore dogs i have 4 now and do not plan on getting anymore simply because my house is over populated lol.

Yea i'm with you i have four dogs myself all different ages but yea i don't get they have to be old to get another dog i don't understand that. Yes i don't plan on getting another dog because the house is too filled up haha.

*LabLoverKEB*
08-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Puppies are very expensive: Food, toys, bedding, crate, grooming supplies, collars, leashes, and the most expensive thing, VET CARE!
We have spent well over $281 for Rita in vet care, and we haven't even had her for 3 months.
And probably over $1000 from day one we have had her. If you cannot afford Alaska's health issues, than you deffinetly cannot afford a new dog, let alone a show dog, puppy, or adut.

Alysser
08-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Puppies are very expensive: Food, toys, bedding, crate, grooming supplies, collars, leashes, and the most expensive thing, VET CARE!
We have spent well over $281 for Rita in vet care, and we haven't even had her for 3 months.
And probably over $1000 from day one we have had her. If you cannot afford Alaska's health issues, than you deffinetly cannot afford a new dog, let alone a show dog, puppy, or adut.

Well said, Sarah! Especially, a puppy. :eek:

*LabLoverKEB*
08-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Thank you! ;)

animal_rescue
08-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Lots of Dachshund owners complain of house breaking taking a year or more, even with consistent training.

OMG! I cannot agree with this more!! Marty took 2 years to get it almost down pact but recently he's started up again.. :mad: Back to the basics with him.

Leslie & Chessies
08-03-2006, 09:42 PM
What about a Cairn Terrier?
If I were to ever get a small breed, that would be my choice. Scuffy and scrappy, very little grooming, big dog personality.

Sevaede
08-03-2006, 10:14 PM
I would say Chihuahuas are a pretty neat little dog, no, I'm not biased at all. ;) Mine does not bark unless I, personally, get her riled up and we play and then it's still not very much. I haven't seen her shed, yet, but I'm sure she probably does (which isn't a big deal for me at all). Some, like my Spanky girl, are VERY tiny and you have to watch for them. Spanky loves cats, other doogs, and pretty much everything and everyone (except my FIL, it seems). I would definitely look into them.

Doxies are sweet. Overall, they seem to be a pretty healthy breed minus the back problems and they're prone to obesity. They are nice, sweet, loving, protectors. However, they can be incredibly audible at times! :D

Maltese, Yorkies, and Poodles are awesome. :)

zoomer
08-03-2006, 11:56 PM
Our next dog won't be right after Alaska. It'll be after we move. Just thinking ahead.

Buttercup, I'm not trying to be rude to you in anyway, but I have noticed in a number of threads you always post something negative after Briana posts and it always seems directed to her. I really don't know if you two had a fight or something, but I get aggrivated that you have done this in a number of threads latley when Briana isn't doing anything wrong. I know this is rather off topic, but I'm just saying there is no reason for it. Agian, I don't know what happened or if something even happened but I'm just saying...

I totally agree with you...

.sarah
08-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Our next dog won't be right after Alaska. It'll be after we move. Just thinking ahead.
And I personally think it's a great idea to think ahead, especially when you're considering a different breed.

I'm currently talking to a Flat-Coated Retriever breeder about getting a puppy in 3-4 years, after college, and after we move out on some acreage. This type of decision is one that requires lots of planning if you are going to be getting a dog from a reputable breeder.

lute
08-04-2006, 12:54 AM
If Alska has three tumors that you "cannot afford" to do anything about, you cannot afford a new dog. It will require veterinary care, shots, food, check-ups, and getting a "show quality" purebred of any breed is going to be expensive. And showing a dog is not cheap either.

Please ask your mom to take care of the dogs you have before even considering a new dog.

i'm with you!!! :D

Lori Jordan
08-04-2006, 10:23 AM

I agree with you a 100%,In my case each and everyone of my dogs Have there own crates,When we got Maggy i was not prepared the day we got her,But i went out the next day and bought her a crate,and all the other supplies,Then Lacy came i already had her crate and supplies then came Molly,As you can see she is a much bigger dog and obviously cannot use one of my other girls crate so i had to buy all new,And My Stormy i didn't really buy him anything other than toys i had 3 crates already and Maggy,Lacy and Molly don't use there's anymore so i didn't have that expense other than vet bills which is a given as soon as you get the pup.
Now storm is no longer in a crate he is 6 months old now and is fully trained i had alot of problems potty training him because the breeders had them using a piece of plastic for there Potty.
In my opinion another pet should not even be thought of in the future unless money is no longer an issue,If Georgia cannot be looked after a show dog should not even be considerd right?
I'm in no way trying to cut anyone down a size but it bothers me alot about thinking of another pet when the ones you have are lacking the proper vet care.I have 4 dogs because i can give them the right care they need,Do you think i would have them if i couldnt..NO WAY!I think instead of worrying about another dog a show dog at that you should be getting Gerogia into the vet and trying to get her fixed.

My Peanuts
08-04-2006, 10:30 AM
How about a Pug. I have one and she has the most wonderful personality. She is definitely not show dog material and she was VERY expensive. If you are looking for a small show dog you will pay a lot. I would guess a show dog quality Pug would run you anywhere from $1,000-$2,000 because normally they are $600-$1,000. That price ONLY includes the dog, no supplies, shots, vet care.

Personally I can't see how you would spend that money on a show dog and not on Alaska. If you can't afford care for the dog/dogs you have then you have no business getting another one. My Jimmy's vet bills are over $3,000 and we've only had him a year.

I love Sylvia to death, but the only way I'm getting another purebred is if it's at the shelter. There are too many lives that need saving.

kufan
08-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Chi's and Daschunds are both great dogs! I have one of each breed. Haven't had any problems with them. They both are great.

I am a strong believer that 99% of dogs turn out the way do by the way they were raised. Working with a dog, training and raising it the way you want it to turn out - usually works! And when it doesn't - they are still worth it and can be worked with.

And please keep in mind that if you can NOT currently afford your pet's health problems - do not even think about getting another one. I don't say that in a mean way. But so many people thing you get a dog, you buy its food and that is it. But, that is NOT true. A dog can get sick at any given time, it could break its leg, etc.... that is something to always think about when getting a pet. More than likely, something will happen and you have to be prepared. If you can't afford an accident, then you are better off not having a new dog. I have seen too many animals be without homes because their current owners couldn't afford treatment.

A dog, or pet, is a long term comittment that involves lots of love and attention and that also includes expenses. And that should be considered when comitting to bring one into your family.

Iilo
08-04-2006, 12:48 PM
So you're getting a "show dog" -- are you going to show in AKC?

Entry fees are usually right around $20-$30 PER day. So, if you're going to a weekend show (Fri, Sat, Sun) you're going to be paying anywhere from $60 to $90.

Puppies themselves are usually right around $1000, especially for a small breed.

If you "can't afford" Alaska's tumors, then you can't even consider another dog.

Kids today disgust me. Pets are NOT disposable. Don't you have two other "show dogs" that you co-own??

There is no way you'd be able to keep a terrier or a long haired dog in correct show coat.

I would recommend something like a Pug. They're *usually* pretty easy, and if you're truly interested I can direct you to someone who is very IN pugs.

luvofallhorses
08-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Personally I can't see how you would spend that money on a show dog and not on Alaska. If you can't afford care for the dog/dogs you have then you have no business getting another one. My Jimmy's vet bills are over $3,000 and we've only had him a year.

I love Sylvia to death, but the only way I'm getting another purebred is if it's at the shelter. There are too many lives that need saving.

I agree..that's the only way I'd get a purebred, too. please focus on Alaska right now and not another dog, she needs you. as far as I know here you're allowed to make payments on the vet bill..couldn't your mom arrange that with the vet to make payments ?? please don't think of getting another dog right now, I am not trying to be rude or anything but please focus on Alaska.

Tralee
08-04-2006, 01:30 PM
I thought you were getting a boxer puppy?? :confused:
Please focus on Alaska's problems now.

Almita
08-04-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm very glad that you are thinking ahead! At least you are all settled and everything. I just hope you can take care of Alaska try to see if you can focus on that more and then you can focus on your furture dog for like in about 2-3years.

Suki Wingy
08-04-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm not going to get into the argument, but I will sugest breeds. Basenjis are a no unless you like yodeling and a VERY independant dog. They won't do anything they don't feel like. They are also sighthounds and cannot ever be trusted off leash. Other than that they are very clean and good dogs. The breed I would suggest is the Japanese Chin
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/japanesespaniel.htm

Roxyluvsme13
08-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Poor Alaska...

WarahGirl1995
08-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Cant she think ahead :rolleyes:

DrKym
08-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Please think ahead! Way ahead. You have an animal that needs to have diagnostics run on 3 seperate tumors, biopsies, bloodwork, possible medications and surgeries. That is your responsibility and your Moms' . Your family agreed to care for her for her lifetime, including medical care. It is wonderful to dream, to think about the next great champion and hope it will be yours. After your obligations to the your current family are taken care of.
Be aware also that all show puppies don't win, some may not be able to show at all. Others may never be able to breed. I raised and showed Rotties for nearly 23 years. My mother raised Danes. We have had our hearts broken with pups more than once. Look at our show pup Goofy, she did amazing in her first 2 puppy entries, both 1st place! She then got such severe seperation anxiety that she would hurt herself in the crate if left alone, we hired a dog sitter, and that was just so we could go shopping. Her vet bills were enormous trying to find out if there was a medical cause. After long discussions and several months we decided to spay her (we paid all the breeders penalties) I moved my office from town to the house so she could be with me, reducing her need for tranquilizers. Goof will be a yr in November, not counting her purchase fee 1700.00 we have spent nearly 5,000.00 in vets, behaviorists and a yes a psychic. She is now a very expensive very loved PET! So yes dream and think and hope and save up , but take care of your first priority. Alaska.

Lori Jordan
08-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Cant she think ahead :rolleyes:

Not really when her other pet is in need

BC_MoM
08-04-2006, 10:46 PM

Why do you need to keep getting animals when you're already struggling?

zoomer
08-05-2006, 12:31 AM
So
Kids today disgust me. Pets are NOT disposable. Don't you have two other "show dogs" that you co-own?? QUOTE]

I know that pets aren't "disposable"! If I was an adult would you not be complaining like this? I don't want to start a fight or anything but that was totally rude of you to say kids disjust you. I have two show dogs that I co-own, but there's not a limit to how many dogs you show, is there??????

[QUOTE=Lori Jordan]Not really when her other pet is in need

Why the heck did I bring Alaska into this anyway? This had nothing to do with Alaska. This has something to do with my next, which is way ahead, I'm thinking ahead for god sakes :rolleyes: Why does this have to be such a big deal when we're not even getting a dog right after Alaska? JEEEESH. Besides, Alaska has those kinds of tumors that aren't canserous and just keep coming back. Can't you guys just understand for once?

zoomer
08-05-2006, 12:33 AM

OH MYYYYY GOSH. I'm not getting animals unstoppable!

WarahGirl1995
08-05-2006, 12:46 AM
How is she struggling? She just said that they are tumors that keep coming back. She takes care of all of her 30 pets very well.

Almita
08-05-2006, 01:56 AM
ok people need to stop this is about Makayla looking for a future to Show. A show dog. I don't think you should bring Alaska in this situation right now it might get Makayla feel unwanted here or not getting help. But i really appreciate the people that are not into this and just helping. I just hate it when people start being rude to other people when they just need help. All she is looking for is a future show dog breed. I agree that its a good idea to think ahead like .sarah is also.

Makayla i think i would recommend the Chihuahua still heh even if they yap at times they are very good dogs.

bckrazy
08-05-2006, 02:22 AM
=( Well, if you cannot afford vet care for Alaska NOW, I'm guessing you could not afford it if your next puppy came down with an illness? Let's try to be logical here... you did not say you weren't bringing Alaska to the vet because it's *hopeless*, you said it was because you cannot *afford* it now. I am not mocking your situation, I'm saying that I would not recommend any breed of dog for you, as the dogs that you own now and have owned for 8 years should be #1!

I am sorry, but it disgusts me to hear people thinking about getting an adorable new puppy when their "old" dog dies. I cannot even fathom not having Gonzo, and the l a s t thing that's on my mind is what kind of dog I'm getting when he passes on... just, ew. It shows a lot of disregard for your current dogs, who have been with you through out their lives and who have shown you nothing but love, to await their death.

Vette
08-05-2006, 02:22 AM
Oh for crying out loud... this is the first time ive ever been disappointed in few Pet Talk members...

why are some people harping on a 16 year old kid for?
is she the one with the money,, and job? *blink blink *

and sounds like to me she IS thinking a head since she made this thread and asked for everyones advise.
obviously she cares about she is doing... or she wouldnt of asked in the first place.

my apologies to those who did post considerably and responsibly..

but Bris and WarahGirl1995 last posts are uncalled for.

and yes,, i edited my post a good hour or two later... :o
what i get for not reading the whole thread and only seeing a few posts on the back end of it.

Tralee
08-05-2006, 06:17 AM
Whats disgusts me is people seem to be bragging about the number of pets them have. Just because you have xx number of pets does not mean they are all getting to care they deserve and you deserve more animals. It seems like a competition to see who can get the highest number of pets. It is much better to own a few pets, who are getting the best of care, and then when you are confident that you can care for another animal at the same level as your other animals and your current animals will receive the same high level or care. Then I think one could add another pet. Improve the lives of you current pets before adding anymore. This is not directed to anyone inparticular, just something I have noticed.

Alysser
08-05-2006, 07:17 AM
I just have to say this, I'm not talking about the post I made about Buttercup I'm talking about this thread. WHY does all these threads have to turn into arguments?? What does getting a show dog have to do with Alaska, when zoomer even stated she is thinking ahead. Vet bills may not be "Unafforable" when she gets her new dog. Every seems to always turn into an argument. Warahgirl1995, What does zoomer having 30 pets have to do with anything? Please, stop changing the subject.

Now, I don't agree with the "thinking ahead" either, but I'm sick of seeing threads like these turn into arguments that don't even have to do with the orginial post. Please stop. :(

jackie
08-05-2006, 07:59 AM
Everyone chill out! It makes me laugh that some of the most self-righteous people here, have also been called out for not giving their pets proper care and attention. Does it make you feel better to slam someone else?

If the girl wants to do some research on a dog she would like to get in the future, why do you all need to stress out?I never once saw her say she is waiting for her other dogs to die first. Get a grip people.

Zoomer, vets are a MUST when you own pets, and if Alaska needs medical attention, I hope she gets it ASAP.

areias
08-05-2006, 08:30 AM
::Staying Out of Argument::

I say Rat Terrier or a Cavalier? Or what about a schipperke?

Roxyluvsme13
08-05-2006, 08:43 AM
This isn't about me, and mind your own business because you don't know me or my animals.

I agree with Alyssa, and I'm tired of being bashed and bashing other people, so I'm staying away for a while.

Alysser
08-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Okay, another thing, WHY DOES everyone bring Briana and Roxy into threads, when she has nothing to do with it? I don't think it's fair at all. I don't agree with Roxys situation and neither does Briana! It's her moms decision, not hers. If it was up to Briana she would NOT leave Roxy outside. Roxys life is certainly improving in many ways. If you all have a problem with Brianas pet welfare, fine, but DON'T say anything about it and stop bringing up other people in threads that have nothing to do with them. This happened a few months back with another member, and she did not like it, so I doubt Briana does. So, guys, don't keep bringing up Briana in threads, it keeps happening latley, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed. I may be leaving Pettalk for awhile, I'm really sick of this drama and fighting... :(

I_luv_rusty
08-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Okay, another thing, WHY DOES everyone bring Briana and Roxy into threads, when she has nothing to do with it? I don't think it's fair at all. I don't agree with Roxys situation and neither does Briana! It's her moms decision, not hers. If it was up to Briana she would NOT leave Roxy outside. Roxys life is certainly improving in many ways. If you all have a problem with Brianas pet welfare, fine, but DON'T say anything about it and stop bringing up other people in threads that have nothing to do with them. This happened a few months back with another member, and she did not like it, so I doubt Briana does. So, guys, don't keep bringing up Briana in threads, it keeps happening latley, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed. I may be leaving Pettalk for awhile, I'm really sick of this drama and fighting... :(

I agree, you all see Roxy's life is improving too. You saw she got a bath and got to stay inside for a few hours while her mom was away,and now when her moms not home Roxy can come inside. Roxy life is improving ALOT. Briana didn't even start this thread, you guys always try and get her involved!! :(

Lori Jordan
08-05-2006, 10:23 AM
How is she struggling? She just said that they are tumors that keep coming back. She takes care of all of her 30 pets very well.
Actually, Alaska's 8 years old and he has 3 tumors we cannot afford right now.

Roxyluvsme13
08-05-2006, 10:28 AM
If she takes care of them so well, why does Alaska have 3 tumors.. :rolleyes:

Lori Jordan
08-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Whats disgusts me is people seem to be bragging about the number of pets them have. Just because you have xx number of pets does not mean they are all getting to care they deserve and you deserve more animals. It seems like a competition to see who can get the highest number of pets. It is much better to own a few pets, who are getting the best of care, and then when you are confident that you can care for another animal at the same level as your other animals and your current animals will receive the same high level or care. Then I think one could add another pet. Improve the lives of you current pets before adding anymore. This is not directed to anyone inparticular, just something I have noticed.
I really do rezent that remark,I have had these animals before joining this Forum,And in no way do i try to keep up to anyone i think the few that are making remarks on her defence need to read over the hole post,This is a girl that is in here once a day almways saying about getting new dogs,and having show dogs.Then says"Actually, Alaska's 8 years old and he has 3 tumors we cannot afford right now".Do you think a new dog should even be thought of?When her pet is in need of health Care,I'm not here to bash but everything needs to be put on the table and considered.That is all im trying to say.

luvofallhorses
08-05-2006, 11:22 AM

I have 6 pets and they get the love, care, and attention they deserve. I make time for them and I know my limit, I cannot have anymore and that's fine. :) what really bothers me is when your pet's health is going downhill and you are thinking of getting another one and can't even afford the vet bills for that one and why think of getting another one ? :confused: I would never think of getting another pet if my pet was ill, I'd rather be there for them and care for them properly than thinking of getting another pet. I probably am not going to get another pet for a lot of years, because I have my hands full with 6, like I said they all get the love and attention and vet care that they need and I know my limit. and I don't resent the remark either as I had 5 when I joined the forum and we rescued Tiger last year in Febuary, because Miagi needed a buddy of his own species.

Iilo
08-05-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm beginning to just think of Makalya and her friend Sarah as two of the biggest trolls I've ever seen in my life.

Just you girls wait for high school, there'll be different ways to get a lot of attention.

Almita
08-05-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm beginning to just think of Makalya and her friend Sarah as two of the biggest trolls I've ever seen in my life.

Just you girls wait for high school, there'll be different ways to get a lot of attention.

I think that is unnessacery to say about people that you don't know. Not being rude but that's just not polite

zoomer
08-05-2006, 03:24 PM

Trolls? What do you mean trolls?

If she takes care of them so well, why does Alaska have 3 tumors.. :rolleyes:

You can't take care of tumors before they're even there :rolleyes: How do you stop them before they come? There's no way, IS THERE?

WarahGirl1995
08-05-2006, 03:33 PM

First off, you've never seen us and know anything about us. So don't you go saying we're trolls. :rolleyes:

Iilo
08-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Are they cysts or tumors?

Either way, no, you can't have prevented it.

It's been debated that there is no real difference between a cyst and a tumor. My vet (and therefore, myself as well) bases it on size. If it's big enough to be checked out to see if it's cancerous, it's a tumor, it should be removed even if it's benign. Depending on placement, it could be causing the dog serious discomfort -- all that fluid mashing against your bone when you sit or lie down, that's no good.

troll: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

ETA :

I don't need to see you. I don't NEED to know anything about you, because what I do know about you stems from your posts here.

Troll, my dear, is not a synonym for harlot, as it seems you think it to be.

ETA2: And are you yourself not a PTer?

WarahGirl1995
08-05-2006, 03:37 PM
We aren't causing the arguments :rolleyes: Some of you PTers are.

I say Max might live outside = pters start a fight
I say we have to find Max a home = pters start a fight

I don't have anything to do with these fight things, neither does Makayla. We post an innocent board, then everyone turns it into an argument. It's ridiculous :rolleyes:

Roxyluvsme13
08-05-2006, 03:38 PM
We aren't causing the arguments :rolleyes: Some of you PTers are.
HA! That makes me laugh. :rolleyes: If you don't want arguments, then don't post about getting a new dog when you can't afford the current vet care of your current dogs. AND, of course they're going to get mad at you over the chain, and I already expressed my opinion on that.

Almita
08-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Are they cysts or tumors?

Either way, no, you can't have prevented it.

It's been debated that there is no real difference between a cyst and a tumor. My vet (and therefore, myself as well) bases it on size. If it's big enough to be checked out to see if it's cancerous, it's a tumor, it should be removed even if it's benign. Depending on placement, it could be causing the dog serious discomfort -- all that fluid mashing against your bone when you sit or lie down, that's no good.

troll: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

ETA :

I don't need to see you. I don't NEED to know anything about you, because what I do know about you stems from your posts here.

Troll, my dear, is not a synonym for harlot, as it seems you think it to be.

one thing to say they aren't the ones causing the arguments and saying that they are is prolly hurting there feelings and that is not nice. but that's what i have to say i can see what Makayla is going through also with Sarah.

zoomer
08-05-2006, 03:41 PM
HA! That makes me laugh. :rolleyes: If you don't want arguments, then don't post about getting a new dog when you can't afford the current vet care of your current dogs. AND, of course they're going to get mad at you over the chain, and I already expressed my opinion on that.

We post boards that should never start a fight, but someone says something and then an argument starts. It shouldn't make you laugh because it's true :rolleyes:

zoomer
08-05-2006, 03:43 PM
one thing to say they aren't the ones causing the arguments and saying that they are is prolly hurting there feelings and that is not nice. but that's what i have to say i can see what Makayla is going through also with Sarah.

Thank you! Thank god someone understands.

I meant other PTers :rolleyes:

Iilo
08-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Alright, then.

You want suggestions on what kind of show dog to get?

First do you mind me asking what Diesel and Lola's registered names are, I'm really curious.

And you need something small and obviously short coated because grooming is an issue. I suggest a Pug. They shed, but that's not an issue for your family. Another option would be a French Bulldog, but they can be difficult to housetrain and very expensive off the bat as puppies simply because they're somewhat rare. I think a Pug would be best, they're relatively easy dogs.

CagneyDog
08-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Come on guys! If you don't want a fight ALL of you need to stop contributing. Either reply with something related to the original question, or let this thread go.

Almita
08-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Your Welcome Makayla. So has your mother said anything about Chihuahuas? I also recommend a Miniture Boston Terrier, or a French Bull Dog.

zoomer
08-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Alright, then.

You want suggestions on what kind of show dog to get?

First do you mind me asking what Diesel and Lola's registered names are, I'm really curious.

And you need something small and obviously short coated because grooming is an issue. I suggest a Pug. They shed, but that's not an issue for your family. Another option would be a French Bulldog, but they can be difficult to housetrain and very expensive off the bat as puppies simply because they're somewhat rare. I think a Pug would be best, they're relatively easy dogs.

Diesel's is High Octane Diesel Douglas
And to be honest, I'm not entirely sure about Lola's. Last time I heard they hadn't thought of it yet.

Come on guys! If you don't want a fight ALL of you need to stop contributing. Either reply with something related to the original question, or let this thread go.

I agree with you.

Iilo
08-05-2006, 03:50 PM
"Miniature" Boston Terriers don't exist. A Chihuahua you would have to be *very* careful about with three BIG dogs around. Although, a Boston Terrier in and of itself would actually be a good idea.

zoomer
08-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Your Welcome Makayla. So has your mother said anything about Chihuahuas? I also recommend a Miniture Boston Terrier, or a French Bull Dog.

A mini Boston? I've never heard of those. Is it some designer breed like Mini Aussies or something? I haven't talked to my mom about it yet because I've been so mad and focused on how everyone was making this board an argument :rolleyes: . But I'll talk to her today.

Almita
08-05-2006, 03:52 PM
A mini Boston? I've never heard of those. Is it some designer breed like Mini Aussies or something? I haven't talked to my mom about it yet because I've been so mad and focused on how everyone was making this board an argument :rolleyes: . But I'll talk to her today.

Yea i think so because my friend Brittany she has a miniature Boston Terrier.

Iilo
08-05-2006, 03:54 PM
If you're looking for a show dog, a "miniature" Boston Terrier will not work, as they do not exist. They are a marketing ploy

luvofallhorses
08-05-2006, 03:57 PM
tumors can't be controlled to tell you the truth. . I know that every dog can get them and is supseptiable to them. but I would get Alaska checked out by the vet and hopefully they are benign. :)

Almita
08-05-2006, 04:01 PM
tumors can't be controlled to tell you the truth. . I know that every dog can get them and is supseptiable to them. but I would get Alaska checked out by the vet and hopefully they are benign. :)

What are the signs of the dogs getting a tumor? or can you not tell that well?

Kfamr
08-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Wow, I am very surprised this us just continuing on, and on, and on and has not gotten anywhere.

Firstly, What happened to the fact that zoomer, warah, and whatever other screennames these girls have - leaving? Did they not say they disliked Pet Talk, disliked a majority of us, and wanted to leave. Why publically state you are "leaving" and then just stick around?

Secondly, It is not something wrong to think of a future dog. While personally I do not believe OP is educated and responsible enough to even have one dog, I'm pretty sure we are ALL guilty of thinking about future dogs. However, I do disagree with the treatment of Alaska. Cysts, cancerous or not, can be very bothersome. It is best to get them removed either way. They can grow and cause problems for the dog, especially if cancerous.

There is no way to prevent tumors/cysts. That's just bizzare. You can however take the responsible and necessary percautions to have them checked out.

Thirdly, There are a few people in here who should never even dare to speak of how other's treat their animals. Take a look in the mirror. No one here is perfect. A lot of you use the excuse "I have no control, it's my parent/s!!"

Why should this child be any different?

Fourthly,

I cannot wait for school to start.

luvofallhorses
08-05-2006, 04:07 PM
What are the signs of the dogs getting a tumor? or can you not tell that well?

I don't know if there is a way ? :confused: none of my dogs have or had tumors, but I am just saying it's not her fault that Alaska have tumors but it is best to get them looked at. :) and like I said hopefully they'll be benign (meaning not cancerous) :)

Vette
08-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Miss.Bri.. you have no room to talk. you who couldnt even get your own mother to take YOU to the ER/doctor over your ankle,, because she didnt have the 'money' at the time.. makes me wonder if she'll take Roxey or Lilly into the vets if something pops up thatll cost over a thousand dollars..

heres your quote incase you forgotten about it.

Ouch.. She just says she can't afford the ER bill though.. because it'd be around $1000 +.. but she'd like to take me, yet she won't.. =/

link to the quote found here http://petoftheday.com/talk/showpost.php?p=1570478&postcount=24

anyway... my point is.. its up to the 'parent/s' of the kids to take care of these animals when it comes to 'money' they are the ones providing the income.. not the kid. i dont care how old or young he or she is,, unless that person has a job their own then he or she is not responsible in those fields for the animal/s. you wouldnt consider a 9 year old responsible for the death of a pet because the parents couldnt afford treatment for whatever the animal had,, because its obvious the child very much relies on that parents. well same case here. just because she 16 doesnt make it less of a factor... they are depended on the PARENT to take the animal/s to the vet(and pay for whatever might be wrong with the pet/s) a kid can only take care of the pet/s needs so much... then its the parents responsibly from there.

and yes Bri i know what your excuse will be. 'its not about me'
yeah well... arent you lucky.

Almita
08-05-2006, 04:09 PM
I don't know if there is a way ? :confused: none of my dogs have or had tumors, but I am just saying it's not her fault that Alaska have tumors but it is best to get them looked at. :) and like I said hopefully they'll be benign (meaning not cancerous) :)

Yea i'm with you on what you just said. I just want to be on the safe side to know how they get the tumors. I have never had a dog in my family that had any cancer type in them they were all healthy just gotten old.

Roxyluvsme13
08-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Miss.Bri.. you have no room to talk. you who couldnt even get your own mother to take YOU to the ER/doctor over your ankle,, because she didnt have the 'money' at the time.. makes me wonder if she'll take Roxey or Lilly into the vets if something pops up thatll cost over a thousand dollars..

heres your quote incase you forgotten about it.

link to the quote found here http://petoftheday.com/talk/showpost.php?p=1570478&postcount=24

anyway... my point is.. its up to the 'parent/s' of the kids to take care of these animals when it comes to 'money' they are the ones providing the income.. not the kid. i dont care how old or young he or she is,, unless that person has a job their own then he or she is not responsible in those fields for the animal/s. you wouldnt consider a 9 year old responsible for the death of a pet because the parents couldnt afford treatment for whatever the animal had,, because its obvious the child very much relies on that parents. well same case here. just because she 16 doesnt make it less of a factor... they are depended on the PARENT to take the animal/s to the vet.. a kid can only take care of the pet/s needs so much... then its the parents responsibly from there.

and yes Bri i know what your excuse will be. 'its not about me'
yeah well... arent you lucky.

Vette, yes I said that stuff, and yes I've been in this situation, but when my dog was dying/sick I sure as heck wasn't thinking of another dog. Yeah, if one of my dog's got sick I probably couldn't afford vet care, and yes, I don't have much control over my animals, but if there was something really wrong with Roxy or Lily we would find a way to get them vet care, not think about another dog.

dogzr#1
08-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Zoomer, you must see where the other PTers are coming from, even if you don't agree with it. They only have the information that you give us so we don't know the entire story. Some of us, including myself, are a little upset at you for thinking of another dog while the one you have now is sick. I think you should get Alaska all cleared up and healthy, and then think of another dog. You said that you couldn't take Alaska to the vet because you had insufficient funds, then you stated that you wanted to get a show dog. Most purebred, show dogs with all the proper testing etc. may cost an excess of $1000, which at the time you don't have. I know you are thinking of the future, but we (speaking for most of the PTers who have replied to this thread) are worried this may happen again when you get a show dog. Showing a dog can be very expensive. Traveling, vet care, entree fees, food etc. will add up and you may have a similar situation like the one you have now.

I recommend that you wait until you are stable living by yourself to get a show dog. Like everyone, I say a Pug, but you have to do lots more research until you settle on one breed.

Just my two cents.

Karen
08-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Any dog can get a lump, a fatty tumor, a wen or cyst as they are called. Soe breed are more prone to cancer than others, but it is a possibility in any dog, sadly.

Dogs with thin coats, like boxers, Danes, show the bumps more readily than, say, a fuzzy golden retreiver. Dogs with a thin, white coat, like Alaska, tend to be more prone to skin problems due to sun exposure just like pale-skinned people are more prone to skin cancers. If you read the "risk factors for skin cancer," for example, I am practically a perfect match. I am conscientious of it, and wear sunscreen whenever I am going to be in the sun for longer than a couple minutes.

Vette
08-05-2006, 05:11 PM
How convenient Bri,, since your not in this situation and can say whatever you want. but it still all boils down to mommy and daddy doesnt it? just because 'yours' will be there for you,, doesnt mean someone elses will be.

Roxyluvsme13
08-05-2006, 05:13 PM
How convenient Bri,, since your not in this situation and can say whatever you want. but it still all boils down to mommy and daddy doesnt it? just because 'yours' will be there for you,, doesnt mean someone elses will be.
Will you just leave me out of this? I'm tired of arguing, and everybody is already mad at me, and I don't need to hear your opinion, too since it's like the rest of the worlds. :rolleyes:

Vette
08-05-2006, 05:30 PM
If your so tired of arguing then why did you reply?
and what a convenient come back. :rolleyes:

Lady's Human
08-05-2006, 05:34 PM
If you find yourself consistently getting into arguments with certain posters,

IGNORE THEIR THREADS AND POSTS!

One definition of insanity is repeating the same actions but expecting different results.

All the finger pointing, arguing, and tacit name calling has not done a single thing to change anyone's mind, and has only accomplished bringing dischord into what is usually a fairly peaceful place.

If you were soldiers, I'd take the lot of you to the gym, give you boxing gloves and put you in the ring and let you beat each other until you decided that there were better ways to solve things than arguing. That being impossible, PLEASE either take the arguing to PM or IM, and let it rest.

bckrazy
08-05-2006, 05:39 PM
I just want to add, LMAO Kay! I agree, so so so much. =D I will try my best to never ever reply to Zoomer/Warrah threads... it gets us no where to give them advice, they turn it around and lie and it IS hurtful to me that they seem to enjoy doing it to us.

Also to the poster who called Mini Aussies a designer breed, they are not. Their actual registered name is North American Shepherd, they're registered and purely Australian Shepherds that are bred down a bit in size - not mixed breeds.

BT_Lover
08-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Yea i think so because my friend Brittany she has a miniature Boston Terrier.

lol hey Almita, it's me Britt cuz u helped me out with this username :D

yes, minature boston terriers are small and good but they are VERY expensive because they are so rare.. after we bought my dog and got all the needed things she needed and after a few puppy trips to the Vet.. within a few months she had cost over $1,000.. so they are expensive. i had a regular boston terrier and she was small not as small as my minature one but she was small.. those are less expensive and probably more easier to find.

i also have a daschund. he's good but like other posters have said they have back problems, which most people are aware of because they are so long.
your's had breast cancer, zoomer? was she fixed? female dogs being fixed, are less likely to get breast cancer. just in the near future if she wasn't fixed you might wanna take that into consideration same applys for male dogs, except not the same type of cancer.

also Roxyluvsme13, her dog might be dying, but just because her dog is dying doesn't mean your not allowed to think of getting another dog. Also vet bills ARE VERY expensive, all depending on what is wrong with the animal.

Iilo
08-05-2006, 06:15 PM
My favorite part is when they get advice, they swat it off and return to the argument.

There may be such thing as a "Miniature Boston Terrier" but as it isn't accepted by the AKC, or, (I doubt) the UKC, she won't be able to show it, and that is the REASON she's planning to get this dog.

Thus, stop recommending it. It contributes about as much, if not less, as the arguing does.

Kay -- can we change that to, "I can't wait for *their* school to start"? I'm good with summer, just not with bored tweeny PTers.

And I agree with myself (Erica/bckrazy)... comparing a Miniature Boston to a "Mini Aussie" (which are so freaking cute by the by... I saw my first in person a few weeks ago and THEYRE TINY BUT THEYRE AUSSIES WTF?) is like comparing horse manure to a rolex.

Alysser
08-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Kay, I'm really not disagreeing with your post, because the majority of it I agree with. But I hate it when people say things such as "I can't wait till school starts." because teenagers whom aren't doing anything wrong get put down, I'm hoping you were just directing it to people who deserve, it and not to others who did nothing... :(

Almita
08-05-2006, 06:55 PM
lol hey Almita, it's me Britt cuz u helped me out with this username :D

yes, minature boston terriers are small and good but they are VERY expensive because they are so rare.. after we bought my dog and got all the needed things she needed and after a few puppy trips to the Vet.. within a few months she had cost over $1,000.. so they are expensive. i had a regular boston terrier and she was small not as small as my minature one but she was small.. those are less expensive and probably more easier to find.

i also have a daschund. he's good but like other posters have said they have back problems, which most people are aware of because they are so long.
your's had breast cancer, zoomer? was she fixed? female dogs being fixed, are less likely to get breast cancer. just in the near future if she wasn't fixed you might wanna take that into consideration same applys for male dogs, except not the same type of cancer.

also Roxyluvsme13, her dog might be dying, but just because her dog is dying doesn't mean your not allowed to think of getting another dog. Also vet bills ARE VERY expensive, all depending on what is wrong with the animal.

Why hello Briitt and yes this is my friend that owns the miniature boston terrier

bckrazy
08-05-2006, 07:24 PM
And I agree with myself (Erica/bckrazy)... comparing a Miniature Boston to a "Mini Aussie" (which are so freaking cute by the by... I saw my first in person a few weeks ago and THEYRE TINY BUT THEYRE AUSSIES WTF?) is like comparing horse manure to a rolex.

LMAO! Umm... for reals, I think we might've been seperated at birth? =P

I love Mini Aussies, so much. I was pondering getting a Mini (from this breeder (http://kissmekennels.com), a red merle girl from the Prince x Cindi litter) before I found Fozzie. Hopefully some day I will get a NAS or an Aussie.

bckrazy
08-05-2006, 07:27 PM
"also Roxyluvsme13, her dog might be dying, but just because her dog is dying doesn't mean your not allowed to think of getting another dog. Also vet bills ARE VERY expensive, all depending on what is wrong with the animal."

Buying a show quality puppy and showing a dog is MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE, I guarantee that! Think $5000 per year, to seriously show. Think $2000+ for the puppy & the first year.

I do feel that Alaska is not a priority, at all. He is old and not show quality. What will happen when the new puppy is old and becomes sick?

CagneyDog
08-05-2006, 07:45 PM
LMAO! Umm... for reals, I think we might've been seperated at birth? =P

I love Mini Aussies, so much. I was pondering getting a Mini (from this breeder (http://kissmekennels.com), a red merle girl from the Prince x Cindi litter) before I found Fozzie. Hopefully some day I will get a NAS or an Aussie.

That's interesting! People here told me that they are a designer breed. Do they have the same personality and Aussie traits? (Sorry, I know I'm hijacking this)

Lori Jordan
08-05-2006, 07:50 PM
IMO,We have all seen these posts,and yes i have a tendacy to add my two cents ,I have been gone all day come back and have been going over posts and have noticed stories have changed,There has been alot of stuff going on between posters,alot is seeking attention and ten to one could be just stirring the pot to see who they will get a reaction from,All of us Adults have to take things into consideration,I'm not saying all the teenagers on here are bad no am i saying any are,But they are not going to see the bright side of things like we do,I am no longer going to post to any kind of threads that end up like this.It is a waist of my time my Teenage years and immaturity are over i have no energy to argue with Children.I'm not trying to effend anyone That is just how i see things.
Take Care

Lori Jordan
08-05-2006, 07:52 PM
That's interesting! People here told me that they are a designer breed. Do they have the same personality and Aussie traits? (Sorry, I know I'm hijacking this)

They are Beautiful dogs where i purchased Lacy from,The next door neighbor Bred them and they are very kind loving animals.

bckrazy
08-05-2006, 07:56 PM
It's cool. I don't think this thread was really going anywhere, and we *are* talking about dog breeds after all! ;)

NAS's have the same temperament, drive, appearance, etc. There are definitely poorly bred dogs out there who look more like an Aussie x Pomeranian, but KissMe is one of the best breeders in my area. Their dogs are all shown & work goats and sheep every day on their farm, they are *wonderful* and very versatile working dogs. I feel that a lot of breeders of show Aussies are breeding much, much larger fluffier dogs for the look (think 60-75 lbs, just no practical for the breed) which is why I really like where many NAS breeders are going. Reputable breeders stick to dogs who are a nice size (14-18" and 20-40 lbs), retain excellent herding ability on small and large stock, and are also sound pets. Part of the reason I was drawn to Mini's is because, when I went to herding lessons, I noticed that whenever I saw an Aussie it was over-stimulated, barking, snapping, and basically doing nothing but driving; the Mini's were actually working in the manner that an Aussie should work. I definitely feel this is due to the emphasis on working dogs that MASCA/NAMASCUSA upholds. I actually wanted a 16-18" working Aussie puppy, but I found a breeder of that kind of Aussie virtually non-existant in my area!

Muddy4paws
08-05-2006, 08:08 PM
OK about this whole situation.. I couldnt be bothered to read all of it because its so predicatable with the whole arguement thing so I'll just say my bit here..

If your dog is ill he/she NEEDS to be priority, if they have tumours then get them checked out and no you couldn't of prevented them and it was a stupid thing for that PTer to say in the first place.. You have three dogs from what i can see? if you are just thinking ahead then yeah fantastic, I have done some research on the breeds I want in the future but I wouldn't dream of adding to my pets knowing they were getting older and would most probably need extra vet care due to old age problems. I wouldnt want the stress of a puppy hanging about my older dog either, I think they should be as comfy as possible in their old age without the need to feel they need to compete for attention with a puppy because lets face it, When you add to your family the new addition gets the most attention even if its for a while your dog picks up on it.. We found that out the hard way and although I love my dog to pieces I reget the way we done it.

Roxyluvsme13
08-05-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm pretty sure I was the one that said the tumors could have been prevented, and that's not what I meant.. what I should have said was something like.. Yes, you can think ahead, but I wouldn't even dream of another dog if one of my current dogs had tumors.. (sorry don't remember my exact words, and I'm too tired to look them up.)

RedyreRotties
08-05-2006, 08:14 PM
My favorite part is when they get advice, they swat it off and return to the argument.

There may be such thing as a "Miniature Boston Terrier" but as it isn't accepted by the AKC, or, (I doubt) the UKC, she won't be able to show it, and that is the REASON she's planning to get this dog.

Thus, stop recommending it. It contributes about as much, if not less, as the arguing does.

Kay -- can we change that to, "I can't wait for *their* school to start"? I'm good with summer, just not with bored tweeny PTers.

Here is what the AKC standard for the Boston Terrier (one of the few ALL AMERICAN breeds, by the way) has to say about SIZE:

Size, Proportion, Substance

Weight is divided by classes as follows: Under 15 pounds; 15 pounds and under 20 pounds; 20 pounds and not to exceed 25 pounds. The length of leg must balance with the length of body to give the Boston Terrier its striking square appearance. The Boston Terrier is a sturdy dog and must not appear to be either spindly or coarse. The bone and muscle must be in proportion as well as an enhancement to the dog's weight and structure.

There are 3 sizes. It does not say how small the under 15 lbs is to be.

I've been around dogs and dog shows for a long time. Never heard a Boston called a miniature.

BT_Lover
08-05-2006, 11:19 PM

Thus, stop recommending it. It contributes about as much, if not less, as the arguing does..

there isn't no maybe to it. there are such things as Minature Boston Terriers i have one and i've also got a regular boston terrier and i had one but she died last yr. so yah i think we know the difference between regular ones and minature ones. we feed them the same amount of food, so if it was a food problem then the minature one would've gotten bigger by now, she eats way more than the others do at times. The minature boston terrier has papers that would allow her to be a show dog or whatever it is you keep saying about "show". We bought this dog from a pet store so i think we'd know.

Kfamr
08-05-2006, 11:37 PM
"Miniature" and "teacup" generally are false names that BYBs use to sucker you into paying more money.

bckrazy
08-05-2006, 11:44 PM
"We bought this dog from a pet store so i think we'd know."

LMAOOO... I'm sorry, but that is definitely the best quote I've seen lately! :p

To you, she might look "miniature", but I dare you to find a legit "Miniature Boston Terrier" breed club. There is none, nor is it a recognized breed. It is just a Boston Terrier that is under-sized for the breed, which IMO is not something to brag about, as it suggests poor breeding practices. I'm sure you girl is a great dog, but she's a Boston Terrier. (that is... if her registration is not fake, which is very common in pet stores.)

BT_Lover
08-06-2006, 01:43 PM
To you, she might look "miniature", but I dare you to find a legit "Miniature Boston Terrier" breed club. There is none, nor is it a recognized breed. It is just a Boston Terrier that is under-sized for the breed, which IMO is not something to brag about, as it suggests poor breeding practices. I'm sure you girl is a great dog, but she's a Boston Terrier. (that is... if her registration is not fake, which is very common in pet stores.)

first off i wasn't bragging about her being a minature boston terrier. Have you ever seen or even heard of toy yorkies?. THERE is such a thing, but people won't find them hardly anywhere because they are so rare, same goes for minature boston terrier. she cost alot because she's rare. anytime you find a minature/toy dog. they are going to cost alot more than a regular size one would because they are rare. Most of the time when minature/toy dogs give birth they usually have 1 or 2 my dog was one out of 2 and her mom barely made it. To me is seems like you people can't stand for someone to tell you otherwise and i keep telling you she's a boston terrier because she is one. We drove two hours to get her, i don't think we would've drove so far to get ourselves a regular boston terrier. When we could've gone to our local pet store and get a regular size one.

animal_rescue
08-06-2006, 01:48 PM
No such thing hun, sorry. There is also no such thing as a toy yorkie either.

CagneyDog
08-06-2006, 01:50 PM
first off i wasn't bragging about her being a minature boston terrier. Have you ever seen or even heard of toy yorkies?. THERE is such a thing, but people won't find them hardly anywhere because they are so rare, same goes for minature boston terrier. she cost alot because she's rare. anytime you find a minature/toy dog. they are going to cost alot more than a regular size one would because they are rare. Most of the time when minature/toy dogs give birth they usually have 1 or 2 my dog was one out of 2 and her mom barely made it. To me is seems like you people can't stand for someone to tell you otherwise and i keep telling you she's a boston terrier because she is one. We drove two hours to get her, i don't think we would've drove so far to get ourselves a regular boston terrier. When we could've gone to our local pet store and get a regular size one.

LOL.

I'll probably just be talking to a brick wall however, they cost so much so the byb's can scam people like you into think they're rare. They are simply poorly bred puppy mill dogs. I've heard of all the teacup breeds, none of them are reconized. Please research this!

Roxyluvsme13
08-06-2006, 02:42 PM
:rolleyes:
Sorry, but there's no such thing as a miniature Boston Terrier.. Yeah, she's probably just an undersized BT, because I swear to god there is NO SUCH THING! Just as there's no such thing as a Teacup Yorkie, Teacup Pomeranian, etc.. TRUST ME. We got scammed into a whole BYB "Teacup Pomeranian" deal, and guess where it ended up? She died. She had so many medical problems, and even if she had lived we probably would have gotten her PTS because she was suffering. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MINIATURE BOSTON TERRIER!!!!

BT_Lover
08-06-2006, 03:14 PM
:rolleyes:
Sorry, but there's no such thing as a miniature Boston Terrier.. Yeah, she's probably just an undersized BT, because I swear to god there is NO SUCH THING! Just as there's no such thing as a Teacup Yorkie, Teacup Pomeranian, etc.. TRUST ME. We got scammed into a whole BYB "Teacup Pomeranian" deal, and guess where it ended up? She died. She had so many medical problems, and even if she had lived we probably would have gotten her PTS because she was suffering. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MINIATURE BOSTON TERRIER!!!!

umm well u keep tellin me there is not such thing as a minature boston terrier so yah then there isn't such a thing as a teacup pomeranian.. and i don't think that minature or teacup would have had anything to do with her death. she obviously had health problems and THATS where you got scammed at was buying a sick dog.

if you believe there is or isn't oh well. it's your belief so watever.

Roxyluvsme13
08-06-2006, 03:16 PM
umm well u keep tellin me there is not such thing as a minature boston terrier so yah then there isn't such a thing as a teacup pomeranian.. and i don't think that minature or teacup would have had anything to do with her death. she obviously had health problems and THATS where you got scammed at was buying a sick dog.

if you believe there is or isn't oh well. it's your belief so watever.
I never said there was such thing as a Teacup Pomeranian. Oh yeah, it has alot to do with her death. There's hardly any way a 1.2 pound puppy is going to survive. Yeah, she had health problems from being so tiny and poorly bred.

binka_nugget
08-06-2006, 04:09 PM
From Webster.com:

Purebred: bred from members of a recognized breed, strain, or kind without admixture of other blood over many generations

Recognized, meaning recognized by the CKC, AKC, UKC, etc. There are other "kennel clubs" that probably do recognize "Miniature Boston Terriers" as a purebred, but they are not the kennel clubs that reputable breeders join, but rather BYBs join in order to say that it is indeed a "papered purebred" so they can sucker people into thinking the dog comes from a great kennel and wonderful lines and make them pay an outrageous amount for essentially, a small boston terrier. So while they may seem like "purebreds" to you, to others like myself who only acknowledge breeds recognized by reputable kennel clubs like the AKC and CKC as purebreds, they are NOT purebreds, but rather undersized/smaller Boston Terriers.

This is the Boston Terrier standard, taken from the AKC site:

"Weight is divided by classes as follows: Under 15 pounds; 15 pounds and under 20 pounds; 20 pounds and not to exceed 25 pounds."

So according to the AKC (one of the larger, more recognized clubs), there are only Boston Terriers. No "Miniature Boston Terriers". A smaller boston would just be called a Boston Terrier. It's the same breed.

And honestly, if anyone was thinking about showing a dog, I would go by AKC/CKC/UKC, and not some dodgy "kennel club".

zoomer
08-06-2006, 09:57 PM
I was thinking of Manchester Terriers. What do you guys know about them?

Iilo
08-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Wow...

"We bought this dog from a pet store, so I think we'd know."

That is so priceless, it's amazing.

And what I keep saying about "show" is what Makalya wants to do with her dog. And with an undersized Boston Terrier, probably with bulging eyes and a poor front AND rear and just bad structure all around, she's not going to be doing any winning, which is just plain and simple a WASTE OF MONEY (which they obviously don't have much to spare anyway).

I bought MY dogs from a) a rescue and b) a reputable breeder and I've been IN dogs for 5 years or so now (not a huge number, but for someone who's only GOT 17 years it's good enough).... so I think I'd know.

As for Manchester Terriers... They're terriers. They're freaking cute, Rien had one in his Puppy K class. According to his owner, they're hard to housebreak and they bark a lot -- they're terriers, so they're going to be a little difficult. Grooming is obviously very minimal for the show ring (although I could stand corrected, seeing as how I've never actually HAD to groom one for the ring... with some short coated breeds you'd be surprised).

Iilo
08-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Trolls? What do you mean trolls?

This I find interesting, considering finding this in a spree of detective work:

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=108915&highlight=liar+sister

No... didn't you read? That was my liar sister... the troll, the owner of all the troll accounts... which were recently deleted by Karen (THANK GOD).

I'm rather curious as to what shows you and Diesel have been to recently? http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=107375&page=1&pp=15&highlight=high+octane

What was the show called where you placed 2nd in the Working Group?

Oh, and High Octane *is* a sort of kennel name, according to the AKC. There are four dogs registered with that prefix... High Octane Diesel Douglas, High Octane Diesel Fuel, High Octane Unleaded, and one other whose name I cannot recall just offhand. I cannot find a single show result for any of these dogs, no matter how much digging I go through.

For someone who's already gotten a group two... I'm just curious -- where are the win pics? Why can't you continue to show Diesel rather than get a new puppy -- he seems to be RATHER successful.

Alysser
08-07-2006, 06:33 PM
NO, really?! *shock and awe*

I just, really dislike all of the excuses (lies) that have been fed to people. What is the point?

So, what does this mean? Deisel really isn't a show dog? :confused:

Iilo
08-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Diesel is registered with the AKC.
I cannot find any record of his litter, which is highly uncommon, especially for a dog who has received a g2 placement.
I think it's just as bad for you, Briana, to jump to conclusions. She hasn't yet had a chance to answer all my questions. She may very well be Diesel's co-owner, and he may very well be a veteran show dog and the records are just very buried. There's only so much the internet can tell you, and I don't feel like wasting my time calling supers about someone with an inferiority complex on some Pet forum.

Roxyluvsme13
08-07-2006, 06:58 PM
I cannot find any record of his litter, which is highly uncommon, especially for a dog who has received a g2 placement.
I think it's just as bad for you, Briana, to jump to conclusions. She hasn't yet had a chance to answer all my questions. She may very well be Diesel's co-owner, and he may very well be a veteran show dog and the records are just very buried. There's only so much the internet can tell you, and I don't feel like wasting my time calling supers about someone with an inferiority complex on some Pet forum.
I didn't mean to jump to conclusions, I'm just going by the current facts in front of me.

Alysser
08-07-2006, 07:14 PM
I REALLY think we are only hearing half the story....Zoomer, I'm sorry if I'm incorrect but PLEASE explain.

Iilo
08-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Since I know Zoomer has been on the board since this has made it to page 2.....

Own up to the truth, kiddo.

Roxyluvsme13
08-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Since I know Zoomer has been on the board since this has made it to page 2.....

Own up to the truth, kiddo.
*nod* I want to know what's going on.

bckrazy
08-08-2006, 06:08 PM
*sigh* when we politely question an explanation, it's completely ignored... like usual. Maybe it's the "crazy sister" doing everything again? :p

Roxyluvsme13
08-08-2006, 06:12 PM
We could always try PM's.. but, if he's your co-owned show dog, then why are you afraid to tell us the truth? I mean it's not that hard to type a paragraph or 2.

Zippy
08-08-2006, 06:14 PM
*sigh*
I thought this thread had run it's course

bckrazy
08-08-2006, 06:36 PM
I would be shocked if this thread wasn't deleted by Zoomer by the end of the day. ;) As always.

Roxyluvsme13
08-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Yeah, because she's afraid we'll hate her.. but hey, atleast if she leaves maybe they'll be less arguing.. :(

Alysser
08-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Okay, I did some investigation because I finally got the time and well I found something very odd. Her sister, boxer_babe, said she owned a dog named Diez, and she had a website with picture of "Diez", am I correct? Zoomer posted a picture of her co-owned dog, "Deisel" and Deiz and Deisel are the same dogs. I zoomed in on the photos and compared them and I'M PERFECTLY sure it's the same exact dog. What is going on here??? :confused:

Roxyluvsme13
08-08-2006, 07:13 PM
hi, i'm new. i thought it would be good to introduce myself. i have 3 boxers and 1 mixed breed. diez, geogia, alaska, and bud

Exact quoting to alyssa's post.
And they have 2 other dogs?

HI! My computer got this virus, so I haven't been able to tell you guys! Finally, we got rid of the virus, but a week ago, I GOT A NEW PUPPY!!! She's a fawn, 8 weeks, I named her Jesse. She is the cccccccccuuuuuuuuuttttttttteeeeeeeeessssssssssssss ttttttttttttt little gal! At 1st, we called her Lil' Bubba, we we renamed her to Jesse. My pictures won't load off of my picture gallery on my computer, so I just went to the website I always post my dog's pictures on. http://www.puppydogweb.com/gallery/boxers/boxer_gibson.jpg

MAN IS SHE CUTE

check out my website i dont have much pictures yet but go ahead anyways

http://all-about-my-dogs.gotpetsonline.com/website

and i am getting my puppy today! a fawn boxer named rocky! :)

Alysser
08-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Picture posted by Zoomer, Supposedly called "Deisel":
http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=28953
Picture from Boxer_babe's website, of "Deiz":
http://gotpicturesonline.com/pets/all-about-my-dogs/photogalleries/18000/img5.JPEG

See the markings around his nose?

Tell me this isn't odd... :rolleyes:

LINK TO THE WEBSITE:
http://all-about-my-dogs.gotpetsonline.com/gallery/2005-10-25-1

Roxyluvsme13
08-08-2006, 07:22 PM
And does this look like Alaska or is it just me?

This is my Boxer/Neo, he died 3 years ago. He was a great dog!!
http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=23922

Yeah, sorry.. those may have been your sister's actions, and I'm not trying to accuse, but can you please explain? You should have no problems explaing if it's the truth.

I_luv_rusty
08-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Also the pictures of the "two" dogs... there on the same blanket and you see the same background. :confused:

dogzr#1
08-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Ok. I have also done some researching.

Thread started by Zoomer, showing off her show dog Diesel:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=107375

Thread started by boxer_babe showing off her dogs, with happen to be Alaska, Georgia, Buddy, and a dog named Diez

http://all-about-my-dogs.gotpetsonline.com/website

From Zoomer's thread, pictures of Diesel:

I haven't shared pictures of my show dog, Diesel, yet, amazingly :eek: Well, here he is, meet Diesel!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/PictureRyansweddingDieselPumpkinfar.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/PictureRyansweddingDieselPumpkin-2.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/PictureRyansweddingDieselPumpkin-3.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/zoomer123/PictureRyansweddingDieselPumpkin-1.jpg

and from boxer_babe's site:
http://all-about-my-dogs.gotpetsonline.com/gallery/2005-10-25-1/page1

the pictures zoomer used and the ones on boxer_babes site are the same ones and the same dog.

And then, another person with the same dogs: Mastiffcrazy10

So from what I can see, there are three people who have posted here one pet talk that all have the same dogs. I could be mistaken and off the mark completely, and if so then I am terribly sorry but we won't know until you tell us the whole truth.

zoomer
08-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey, looky here, I didn't leave and guess what, I didn't delete this thread, WOW! :eek: Amazing huh? I am not lying and I'm not worried about you guys hating me anymore, because guess what? I don't even care if you guys hate me anymore. I'm not the liar. It was my sister. And if you don't believe it, fine, whatever :rolleyes: I asked Karen if I would be blamed for my sister's actions here, and she said no, but I guess she was wrong. :rolleyes:

Roxyluvsme13
08-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Hey, looky here, I didn't leave and guess what, I didn't delete this thread, WOW! :eek: Amazing huh? I am not lying and I'm not worried about you guys hating me anymore, because guess what? I don't even care if you guys hate me anymore. I'm not the liar. It was my sister. And if you don't believe it, fine, whatever :rolleyes: I asked Karen if I would be blamed for my sister's actions here, and she said no, but I guess she was wrong. :rolleyes:
Then explain some of this evidence. You said you just got Diesel (I think) and according to your sister, he's been there a while, those are old pictures, and you have 2 other dogs?! EXPLAIN!

Alysser
08-08-2006, 08:21 PM

Well maybe if you answer are questions in the first place we wouldn't suspect such things. Who is that Fawn Boxer? "Deiz" or "Deisel"? It's fishy, is all I'm saying. Why would your sister post pictures saying it's her dog, then you say it's your co-owned dog, then Mastiffcrazy10 says its her/his dog? :confused:

zoomer
08-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Then explain some of this evidence. You said you just got Diesel (I think) and according to your sister, he's been there a while, those are old pictures, and you have 2 other dogs?! EXPLAIN!

We definetley didn't just get Diesel... he's not our dog. I show him and have been training him and working with him for lets see... about 12 weeks old. So we've "had" him or whatever for... about 2 years. You see, my sister was a troll, a liar, a suckup. Everything she said was LIES. So nothing she said is true... well, maybe some of it, but not most of it.

zoomer
08-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Well maybe if you answer are questions in the first place we wouldn't suspect such things. Who is that Fawn Boxer? "Deiz" or "Deisel"? It's fishy, is all I'm saying. Why would your sister post pictures saying it's her dog, then you say it's your co-owned dog, then Mastiffcrazy10 says its her/his dog? :confused:

Cuz my sister was lying. His name is Diesel, but we do call him Diez.

Roxyluvsme13
08-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Then why do his records show nothing, as Iilo looked up, when you said he got so-and-so placing?

zoomer
08-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Then why do his records show nothing, as Iilo looked up, when you said he got so-and-so placing?

Where is Iilo's post? I can't seem to find it.

Roxyluvsme13
08-08-2006, 08:29 PM
This I find interesting, considering finding this in a spree of detective work:

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=108915&highlight=liar+sister

I'm rather curious as to what shows you and Diesel have been to recently? http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=107375&page=1&pp=15&highlight=high+octane

What was the show called where you placed 2nd in the Working Group?

Oh, and High Octane *is* a sort of kennel name, according to the AKC. There are four dogs registered with that prefix... High Octane Diesel Douglas, High Octane Diesel Fuel, High Octane Unleaded, and one other whose name I cannot recall just offhand. I cannot find a single show result for any of these dogs, no matter how much digging I go through.

For someone who's already gotten a group two... I'm just curious -- where are the win pics? Why can't you continue to show Diesel rather than get a new puppy -- he seems to be RATHER successful.

zoomer
08-08-2006, 08:33 PM

Iilo, and Brianna if you're interested in his questions (which you obviously are...), Diesel placed those places in a match. And I really don't know all that much about his litters. But as sure as heck with try and ask Doug as soon as possible.

Roxyluvsme13
08-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Iilo, and Brianna if you're interested in his questions (which you obviously are...), Diesel placed those places in a match. And I really don't know all that much about his litters. But as sure as heck with try and ask Doug as soon as possible.
I don't know what to believe anymore either.. and I'm done replying to any posts like these unless someone brings me into the topic.. I don't believe anything without proof, so whatev.

Alysser
08-08-2006, 08:38 PM
I don't know what to believe anymore either.. and I'm done replying to any posts like these unless someone brings me into the topic.. I don't believe anything without proof, so whatev.

I agree with Briana. This is still fishy to me... :o. I'm not replying to this thread anymore unless I feel it's nessacary.

zoomer
08-08-2006, 08:38 PM

Hey, I'm trying to prove everything I can. I'm answering every question you ask with the total 100% truth. You want to go over something PM me.

CagneyDog
08-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Can you just tell the whole story? Start to finish, no BS? I'm so confused. What about that puppy? What about Mastiff10? What dogs are yours? Why are you looking into smaller dogs when you were going to get a boxer pup with your friend?

Iilo
08-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Wow, I leave for like two seconds and y'all jump all over her..

All I was interested in was Diesel's show record.

Makayla, it does make a lot more sense that he placed that way in a match, thank you for clearing that one up.

"Diez" is a logical short form for Diesel, so I don't know why you guys got so riled up about that one. I post pictures of both "Ri" and "Rien" on other boards and no one jumps down my throat for lieing and such.

From the stacked pictures of Diesel, I don't think he'd be that successful if you showed him in AKC conformation (which I don't think you have yet?). If you really have your heart set on a show dog, you do have a lot of learning to do, but you should really start with the best you can possibly get, rather than with a dog like Diesel, who, if he isn't just from a BYB (I mean that in the least offensive way possible), is obviously not from a well known Boxer line.

A small dog would be a good place to start off... But I'm not a big fan of the internet for deciding on what breed to get when it comes down to a show dog. Do you have handling classes in your area? Go to those, see who has what breeds and who is willing to be a mentor. Go from there, fate will decide for you, as it is often known to do when you get into dogs.

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-08-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm not going to get into any of the arguements, as I'm so sick of all the arguing/accusations that have been going on lately.

Makayla, I'm not quite sure how old you are, but have you ever considered going to handling classes and becoming a junior handler for a breeder? There are often breeders who are willing to take on a junior handler for their dogs...

Miss Z
08-09-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm so glad I was on holiday for this whole thread :rolleyes:

IRescue452
08-09-2006, 10:05 AM
I don't get this whole thread. If your current dog needs the money for a vet, than a new dog is out of the question. That should be the end of this whole discussion. You sound like the type of person who dumps of an old dog at the shelter because they need room for the puppy.

zoomer
08-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Can you just tell the whole story? Start to finish, no BS? I'm so confused. What about that puppy? What about Mastiff10? What dogs are yours? Why are you looking into smaller dogs when you were going to get a boxer pup with your friend?
Okay. My sister came here first with the account MastiffCrazy10. She said she loved Neapolitan Mastiffs and everyone was asking if she had a mastiff so she said she did. She got carried away. When Karen found out she was lying and deleted her account, she created more and more and kept getting caught. Finally she admited it on her last account and left forever. She hasn't been back ever since. I didn't know she was lying until I came and saw all of her posts. I emailed Karen and asked if I would be blamed for my sister's actions and be "suspected" as her. She said no. So, I joined. And now I'm being blamed. She started trying to tell the truth but lying along the way.

I would just like to know after reading what everyone has found,Why would your sister do that?it makes no sence why she would come on here and lie about dogs,and Alaska and Georgia have passed.Own it maybe it will save you in the end if you just admit your flaws!

I don't know why my sister does the things she does :rolleyes:

Miss Z
08-10-2006, 03:48 AM
Perhaps Karen would close this now, this isn't going anywhere. I think we've all said our pieces. ((hugs)) to all of you and calm down. ;)

jackie
08-10-2006, 10:42 AM
I agree, I hope this thread is closed and falls off of the board, or is deleted.

P.S. I have never seen so many :rolleyes: in one threads, some people really need to drop the attitude. It would make this place a whole lot nicer.

buttercup132
08-10-2006, 04:38 PM
first off i wasn't bragging about her being a minature boston terrier. Have you ever seen or even heard of toy yorkies?. THERE is such a thing, but people won't find them hardly anywhere because they are so rare, same goes for minature boston terrier. she cost alot because she's rare. anytime you find a minature/toy dog. they are going to cost alot more than a regular size one would because they are rare. Most of the time when minature/toy dogs give birth they usually have 1 or 2 my dog was one out of 2 and her mom barely made it. To me is seems like you people can't stand for someone to tell you otherwise and i keep telling you she's a boston terrier because she is one. We drove two hours to get her, i don't think we would've drove so far to get ourselves a regular boston terrier. When we could've gone to our local pet store and get a regular size one.Oh you mean a RUNT haha.....
thats why your dog is smaller then the other. Its a scam to get people like you to think they are "rare" and pay more money..:rolleyes: Cause you know those petstores sure are smart:rolleyes:

i don't think that minature or teacup would have had anything to do with her death. she obviously had health problems and THATS where you got scammed at was buying a sick dog umm...ya being small would LEAD to health problems..

I don't get this whole thread. If your current dog needs the money for a vet, than a new dog is out of the question. That should be the end of this whole discussion. You sound like the type of person who dumps of an old dog at the shelter because they need room for the puppy I agree

Sorry to maybe cause a stir but I wanted to say what I had to ..

My Peanuts
08-10-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm not getting into this BT thing one way or the other, but my Pug Sylvia is much smaller than all the Pugs I've seen. We just call her a small Pug. She probably was the runt, but we paid less for her because they thought she was older than she was.