PDA

View Full Version : The plan for Max

WarahGirl1995
08-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Right now I am trying to convience my parents to have Max live outside. The dogs are outside all day, they just sleep inside, so it'd make no difference for him to sleep outside. I raised $103 for Max and will pay for the dog house and cable and stuff, but how do I convience my parents to let him live in the backyard?

Tralee
08-03-2006, 06:43 PM
IMO I think he would be better off being rehomed. Living outside is not fair for many dogs.

zoomer
08-03-2006, 06:45 PM
IMO I think he would be better off being rehomed. Living outside is not fair for many dogs.

I don't see how it isn't fair :confused: We were talking over phone and I know they'd get the same amount of attention they'd just sleep in different places. Just like Bri's Roxy & Lily live in seperate places. Roxy lives outside and Lily lives inside, correct?

You all started a huge fight over how its so mean to get rid of Max and now she's trying to keep him and you guys are telling her to get rid of him? Wow. :rolleyes:

Muddy4paws
08-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Is it a temp thing? I really wouldn't just change him to sleeping outside.. cant he be kept in one room over night or something? I really dont think it would be fair and I dont think he would just adjust to it straight away without alot of noise. my dogs go barmy when we leave them out for more than 5 mins.

Would your family be willing to buy a heated kennel or something? or maybe rehoming is the best case after all? I dont think its fair that its suddenly changed like that and I know its not your fault at all but maybe rehoming would be a bit nicer on him? that way he will be able to deal with a change permantly and settle straight away. :)

zoomer
08-03-2006, 07:00 PM
I've never heard of a heated kennel. Sarah's not on anymore so I'll call her and tell her about it. How much do those cost anyway?

Muddy4paws
08-03-2006, 07:00 PM
I don't see how it isn't fair :confused: We were talking over phone and I know they'd get the same amount of attention they'd just sleep in different places. Just like Bri's Roxy & Lily live in seperate places. Roxy lives outside and Lily lives inside, correct?

You all started a huge fight over how its so mean to get rid of Max and now she's trying to keep him and you guys are telling her to get rid of him? Wow. :rolleyes:

I had to justify my post.. I am only suggesting rehoming because I dont really think its fair on the dog to suddenly change to sleeping outside, but then again its just my opinion I've never had to op for a dog outside but if i did I think the guilt of it would make me want to rehome a dog in a house instead seeing as he would be used to a heated house... I wouldnt doubt that they would get the same amount of attention either and I am with everyone else on this I think but if you post here you got to accept not everyone will see the same view and you two do. Im trying hard to see your points of views and I know it cant be easy having decisions made for you over something you feel so strongly about but at the end of the day if Max is causing troubles at home then the best thing should be done wether its rehoming or whatever else.

Im really not trying to cause bad feelings or anything here and I'm sure most people are here to help you out as much as possible with more info and for those who dont then let them get on with it and listen to people who want to help you.

Roxyluvsme13
08-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Don't even bring me into this. Roxy stays inside alot more than she used to, and for the way this sounds, poor Max will probably be deserted.. Yes, my dogs live in different environments. Roxy lives on a chain, she's allowed in my room when I'm home alone, and she also gets walked as often as my schedule allows me. Going from an inside dog to an outside dog isn't fair to Max when he could have his own home where he lives INSIDE. If he ends up on a chain, it's obvious that's where he's going to stay, unlike Roxy.

Muddy4paws
08-03-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm really not too sure about the heated kennel but Im guessing they are ALOT of money if you want me to help you PM me and I'll try my best :)

zoomer
08-03-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm really not too sure about the heated kennel but Im guessing they are ALOT of money if you want me to help you PM me and I'll try my best :)

PMed you :) I'll have Sarah PM you too.