PDA

View Full Version : So I'm NOT nuts!

catnapper
08-03-2006, 10:08 AM
For the past few weeks, I've had one headache after another and incredible pain on the left side of my face. I figured it is yet another sinus infection (the third this year so far :()

I made a doctor's appointment and I'm quite amazed at what she told me. Not only do I have a sinus infection but I apparently have one big old nasty ear infection. Who knew!!! The doctor was pretty amazed to see just how badly infected my whole left side was. Ear, nose, throat, glands, EVERYTHING is badly swollen and infected.

It does make sense... I've been increasingly having trouble hearing. Hubby's been getting more and more frustrated with me because I don't hear him unless he's shouting. So when I mentioned to the doctor that I've had some trouble hearing lately, she said "no wonder! Your ear is basically swollen shut!"

All along, I thought I was loosing my mind and maybe, truly, I just wasn't paying attention when hubby was talking. Hubby thought I was becoming the world's biggest hypochondriac whining and complaining about headaches, toothaches, sore throat... a different ache and pain every day.

I'm not nuts, just infected :p

Dorothy39
08-03-2006, 10:42 AM
OH MY LORD!!!!!! You poor kid!!!!! Why do we always feel that we should tolarate a high threash-hold of pain and agony before seeing a Dr? So sorry you suffered, and I'm glad that this can be cleared up with antibiotics!!!

You have made a good point here in that all of us need to let our body do the talking!!!!-- :D Listen to your body talk, your body talk, Listen to your body Talk!! :D

That's crazy!!!! :eek:

Pawsitive Thinking
08-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Naaaaaaaah - I still think you're nuts :D

Hope you feel better soon

Donnaj4962
08-03-2006, 10:55 AM
OUCH! Sounds like you must have a very high tolerance for pain! :eek:

Just as an aside.... you may want to consider going ahead and "ignoring" your husband! ;) (at least on some things!)

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Catsnclay
08-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Why do we always feel that we should tolarate a high threash-hold of pain and agony before seeing a Dr?

Sadly it is because we don't want anyone to think of us as becoming "the world's biggest hypochondriac whining and complaining about headaches, toothaches, sore throat..." :( :o

Hope you feel better Kim!

jenluckenbach
08-03-2006, 03:50 PM

I second that. LOL LOL

K9karen
08-03-2006, 11:44 PM

ROTFL! But seriously, i do hope you're feeling better by now....
You know I love you, Kim