PDA

View Full Version : Something strange in the litter box

Pam
08-03-2006, 07:34 AM
I went downstairs this morning and happened upon two small piles of kitty throw-up. It was just actually two tiny clumps of doggie kibble that someone had apparently tasted and didn't like. :rolleyes: I know the *eater* was either Trevor or Andy because the dogs were in my room all night and the door was closed. I was annoyed with myself for not picking up the leftover food last night before going to bed :o because I know cats should never eat dog food and I guess the temptation was too much.

When I went to feed the kitties their morning breakfast and scoop the litterbox while they ate, I noticed something strange. There in the litterbox was one more tiny pile of unchewed dog kibble. I am thinking that whoever did this actually went to the trouble to go to the box to get sick. Do you think this is possible? I know Andy is a very big Neat Freak. He covers everything - even things that aren't his. :o What do you think? Was it just a coincidence or did one of the cats (probably Andy) actually get sick in the box intentionally?

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-03-2006, 07:41 AM
how weird..

Jupiter is *my* barfy cat. and he has never barfed in the litter box.... but he isn't the neatest kitty either.... Maybe he had to potty and happend to get sick while in there... :confused:

when you find out let me know.. I would loooove to have the kitty that did teach Jupiter to barf in the potty box! :)

jazzcat
08-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Since Rocky and Rumor have arrived I have found where someone has thrown up in the litter box two different times. I believe it is Rumor because she likes things to be in place and the one time I saw her throw up in the house she cried like it upset her.

Maybe the dog food made their stomach hurt enough they knew to get to the litterbox. You know that feeling of it's coming out one way or another, sorry but you get what I mean.

catmandu
08-03-2006, 09:53 AM
The Meezers have a bad habit of gulping and recycling thier dinner.
At least they left the remnants in the Litter Box, where it can be scooped easily.
you cant step on the little piles in there.

shais_mom
08-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Kylie often throws up in the litter box. I wish she would do it all the time!
Hope noone has any lasting effects. Kylie's are usually hairballs.

krazyaboutkatz
08-03-2006, 11:45 AM
My Storm has thrown up in the litterbox many times before and I've seen him doing it. He's also been the one to cover up his siblings business if they leave it uncovered. He's a very smart and clean cat.:)