PDA

View Full Version : hey ther evry1... long time since iv ben on here

sweet_stormy
08-02-2006, 05:43 PM
hey ther... i know its been awhile since iv been on here... iv been really busy lately... with work and evrything... how is evrything goin on here? ok... well, i have a question for you guys on here... and im sorry for the stupid posts that i used to put up on here... but i have a really important question...

what is the legal age of dating in new york state? my boyfriend is 24 years old... i wanted to know when it would be legal for me and him to date... legally i mean... social services has been at my house... they were here a few days ago because his ex girlfriend's new boyfriend turned us in... i really need to find out... please help me if you can...

again, i am sorry for the way i acted before... i was stupid back then... the last time i was on here was like 2 years ago... i have matured since then... i have matured a lot... i just need to know what the legal age is in new york...

please help me if you can... you will be greatly appreciated... please...

~*Becky*~

Zippy
08-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Welcome Back!

How old are you?
I think the legal age is 18 to date someone older then you.

sweet_stormy
08-02-2006, 05:56 PM
im 16 soon to be 17 in december... i keep getting mixed answers on the whole legal dating age thing... its bugging me somewhat... but i just want to find out a real answer... some say its 17... then others say its 18... please don't judge me any less now that i told you my age... yes, the age difference between me and my boyfriend is 8 years... iv been going out with him since the end of may... i just want some real answers...

~*Becky*~

Karen
08-02-2006, 06:38 PM
The legal age of consent in New York state is 17.

The law applies to sex, not to dating.

Were I your parent, I might have qualms about you dating someone 8 years older than you at your age.

sweet_stormy
08-02-2006, 06:43 PM
so the legal age to date is 17... and the legal age to have sex is 18... right? well, thats good to hear...

~*Becky*~

Sevaede
08-02-2006, 11:11 PM
http://www.avert.org/aofconsent.htm

http://www.coolnurse.com/marriage_laws.htm

That should answer a few questions! :) Please, understand where your parents are coming from should they have any concerns. It is their job to make sure you are safe. :)

Karen
08-02-2006, 11:24 PM
so the legal age to date is 17... and the legal age to have sex is 18... right? well, thats good to hear...

~*Becky*~

No. There are no laws regarding how old one has to be to date.

The Age of Consent applies only to sex.

sweet_stormy
08-03-2006, 08:17 AM
hey karen... sorry... i misunderstood... thank you guys for all your help... i finally got some straight answers...

~*Becky*~