PDA

View Full Version : Toby was fixed yesterday....

carole
08-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Toby is one of the abandoned cats by my irresponsible neighbour, I have both mother and sister as well, he went in yesterday and was such a good boy, picked him up in the evening, had the laundry all decked out with his bed, litter box and food, although he decided the washing machine was where he wanted to stay, he was hungry as a horse and gobbled down his fresh chicken mince in a flash.

I continued to go in at intervals and give him some pats, he loves tummy rubs and i had him on a blanket on top of the washing machine lying there having his tummy rubbed and him falling asleep, he really is becoming much less timid these days,which is good as i still need to try and re-home if at all possible.which is getting harder as i am becoming more attached.

I have never seen a newly neutered cat before so it was interesting lol, he does look quite different but not like my Ash, i guess in time he will, i really have no idea.,and in a few weeks time he will no longer be stinky, yahoo.

Now i really think i have to change his name to Houdini, because when i got up this morning to go in and feed him, he was no where to be seen, I thought he must be under the blanket which had fallen to the floor, until i saw the laundry window open, yep you guessed it the clever little monkey had worked out how to open the latch and got out, I have no idea how early he got out, I went to bed at 10.30 pm and he was there, he was not there in the morning on the verandah at first but a little while later he was there sitting on the old pram which is is fav spot eagarly awaiting feeding, he appears to be fine, so i guess his night time escapade did him no harm.

I had mentioned to the vet about his sneezing and eyes, well for some reason they decided to give him an injection for lung worm, I had never told them he was coughing, because he wasn't, strange thing to do i thought, however i guess no harm done, because there was no discharge at the time from his eyes did nothing, however on his return home i noticed he had a couple of blobs there,i was concerned about them as they look awful some times, but i guess the vets know best, they often look blood red in the white bit, so i am puzzled as to why the vets saw nothing.

So this boys roaming nights are over,so now just have to concentrate on finding him a good home.

moosmom
08-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Carole,

Great job, as always!! Glad Toby is coming around. You are a God send to those cats. They are VERY lucky to have you in their lives.

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Donna

catmandu
08-02-2006, 05:34 PM
We are glad that Toby can settle down to a nice normal life in his foster home, until someone decides he needs a big happy Cat.
Bless you for giving Toby a hand when he needed it the most.

carole
08-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Donna I think I am lucky to have them too, as they really are very unique special cats with wonderful purrsonalities and they so deserve the love and care i can give them, i look at them and often have tears rolling down my face, as i cannot believe that woman could have treated such wonderful loving animals so bad.

kuhio98
08-03-2006, 09:25 AM
Silly boy! I remember the vet instructions when we brought my sister's stray (Seymour) home from the vet. Keep him in a quiet place. He'll be very tired. Let him sleep. Don't disturb him, etc. We put him in the bathroom with lots of warm blankies and a cat box. He was probably in there all of 5 minutes before he forced his bulk against the window and jumped out and ran faster than anything I'd ever seen. So much for being "delicate".

carole
08-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Yes well their recovery is certainly much quicker than females for sure, he seems fine so far, just keeping an eye on him and checking out the rear end when i give him tummy rubs to make sure all is well he he.Here is a pic of the dear fellow before the event, His new name is Toby. :)

I noticed Toby has some skin off his nose now, i think he must have used his nose to pull the latch up to get out silly boy, the latch was not as secure as it should have been , but i never thought in a million years a cat could open it.

AbbyMom
08-03-2006, 09:49 PM
What a handsome boy you are, Toby! So glad you're recovering quickly. Take my advice, sweetie, and keep on asking for those tummy rubs! ;)
:D

carole
08-03-2006, 09:54 PM
I think Toby is very handsome too, he is a lovely chocolate brown tabby,and underneath his fur is white, that isn't a white spot on his front just the fur dishevelled and showing the white underneath, has such a pretty face too,this is where he sleeps at night and during the day sometimes, he wanders off a lot, hopefully he will settle down more now that his roaming days are over, here's hoping.

rg_girlca
08-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Aww he is gorgeous Carole.

I know I haven't posted much in your other threads, but I wanted to let you know that I have been reading about everything that you have done for these poor kitties and I can't thank you enough for stepping in to make their lives a better one. You are an Angel to these precious ones. :)

Believe me Carole, when a cat wants to get out, they will do what they have to do.