PDA

View Full Version : I'm so nervous...

Ann
05-22-2002, 07:18 AM
:( I'm getting a tooth pulled out today at the dentist!!!! >_<

I am so scared and nervous, and I absolutely HATE going to the dentist... And it's even worse now when I KNOW it'll hurt for sure. And to top it all off I have this huge test tomorrow and another on Friday and I KNOW I won't be able to concentrate properly on either of them cause I'm sure it'll hurt and bleed and aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh I hate this!!

Sorry for whining here, I just had to get it out, and maybe you guys can think of me in 1 hour and 30 mins when I'll be at the dentist. Thanks :)

Logan
05-22-2002, 07:21 AM
Good luck, Ann! I don't like going to the dentist either. Maybe it won't hurt too terribly bad. BE TOUGH!!!! :D

anna_66
05-22-2002, 07:23 AM
Oh Ann, I feel for you. Going to the dentist is no picnic, expeciall to get a tooth pulled:(
I bet you'll do just fine on your test tomorrow, have faith!
We'll all be thinking of you (thinking we're glad it's not us!)
Just kidding Ann!!http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/ruinkai/biglaugh.gif
BEST OF LUCK ANN!!

Gio
05-22-2002, 07:51 AM
THinking about you Ann. I know how it feels!

Ann
05-22-2002, 08:02 AM
LOOC@Anna's comment "We'll all be thinking of you (thinking we're glad it's not us!)"

Thanks everyone :) I'm gonna go brush my teeth right now, and then I'll try to lie down and relax for a while before going (of course, I know I'll just end back up browsing Pet Talk ;))

Randi
05-22-2002, 08:19 AM
Ann! Cheer up!! I've just come back from the dentist - had a good cleaning! But ..... the last time I was there I had a tooth out - the very back one, and it was no problem at all! It really doesn't hurt. You'll get a shot and don't feel anything!!! It doesn't bleed much after!! In an hour you'll have forgot about it!! ;)

Will be thinking of you anyway!! Good luck!! :D

anna_66
05-22-2002, 08:38 AM
Stupid question, what's LOOC?

gini
05-22-2002, 09:07 AM
I don't like going to the dentist either - and I have the world's best painless dentist!

The last time I had a tooth pulled, the anticipation was much worse than the actual event! And I felt a lot better after it was removed.

I sure hope that is the case for you!

Dixieland Dancer
05-22-2002, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
Stupid question, what's LOOC?

I guess I'd ask the same stupid question too! I don't know what LOOC is either. :confused:

Hope everything goes ok at the dentist.

lynnestankard
05-22-2002, 09:18 AM
You back yet Ann? Hope all went well . You'll be so relieved it's all over. Good on you girl xxx

Lynne

Heather Wallace
05-22-2002, 11:40 AM
I hope that everything went alright Ann.

The last time I went to the dentist with a toothache, I thought he would simply give me anti biotics but he pulled my tooth out there and then and it was a wisdom tooth too.:(

purrley
05-22-2002, 01:24 PM
Ann - did ya get a good blast of happy gas??? I won't let the dentist touch me until the nitrus oxide goes on:D :D :D

slleipnir
05-22-2002, 04:53 PM
Ann- no one knows teeth pulling like me! I must have a record for it - 14 teeth..mind you, 10 were baby teeth (They were worst then the adult ones tho LOL..don't ask...) The adult ones were bad, it didn't really hurt, but I hate having them done!!! I have this fear of teeth pulling now..I think i'd need my wisdom teeh pulled, but I WON'T get it done unless they knock me out..LOL...I'm weird, I know..Its not bad though, I just have a fear of it, like I do 99% of everything else..lol..It doesn't bleed really after, and if it hurts any (it usually doesn't seeing the needle stuff stays with ya a while) then take a asprin or something and it'll be fine :D I was fine once I was away from the dentist LOL

Let us know how it went..

tatsxxx11
05-22-2002, 05:44 PM
Poor baby!!:( I'm with you Ann! It's no fun. For me it's the "fear factor!" Had a horrible reaction once to novacaine, and that's the scariest part for me. Had 2 wisdom teeth, 4 for braces pulled. I didn't feel a thing; and no pain afterwards! Still, NOT PLEASANT! With the time difference, I know you're home and sleeping now. Please let us know how you're doing, brave one!!!:) Love to you.. Heal quickly; and good luck on your exams. I know you'll do well!! Sandrfa

Gepansy
05-22-2002, 09:17 PM
I've never gotten any teeth pulled at the dentist, but I hope all goes well.
Getting braces is a BIG pain in the butt...and lucky me, I just happen to have them right now!!:p :rolleyes: ;) :) :D

Ann
05-23-2002, 05:13 AM
Sorry for the late reply everyone, but I never had the chance to go online after the dentist until now (the day after)! The whole thing went pretty good actually!!! At first, he sprayed some reeeeeeeally nasty-tasting spray on my gums so I wouldn't feel the needle with the numbing stuff so much, and then he pricked the needle in my gums a few times til it was all numbed up (his assistant came with this plastic pipe thingy and sucked up the blood from the needle, looked so scary!) and then he got this iron tool thingy (don't know the proper name) and just pulled it out! It actually didn't hurt bad, it wasn't half as worse as I had imagined it!! :) Then I had to bite on a cotton ball for an hour and wasn't allowed to eat anything for the rest of the day. The feeling of half your face being numb is sooooooo wierd!! I was drooling half the time without even knowing it :rolleyes:

I am currently writing this on my lunch break, so in a few minutes I gotta bike back to school and take my test. Thanks for thinking of me everyone :) I appreciate it!

Oh, and "LOOC" stands for "Laughing Out Of Control" :)

Logan
05-23-2002, 05:47 AM
So glad to hear it was all ok, Ann! Good luck on your test!! :D

Ann
05-23-2002, 07:04 AM
Thanks Logan :)

It didn't go as good as I had hoped, we had to write an essay and they forced you to have a certain subject on the essay which I had no interest in whatsoever, so that kinda showed... Oh well, hopefully the test tomorrow will go better!

anna_66
05-23-2002, 07:53 AM
Ann, I'm glad that your feeling ok and it wasn't as awful as you thought it was! I wish you good luck on the test tomorrow!!!!

Ann
05-23-2002, 08:32 AM
Thanks Anna :)

anna_66
05-23-2002, 09:04 AM
Your Welcome!!!http://www.unique-hardware.co.uk/server-smilies/kao/otn/pstars.gif

lynnestankard
05-23-2002, 09:37 AM
Glad things weren't as bad as you'd thought they would be Ann:D :D

Lynne

gini
05-23-2002, 10:42 AM
Oh, Ann, I remember the cotton thing you have to bite on and reading about it made me shudder.

I am so glad that everything went as well as it did.

Tooth pulled and a test on the same day - aren't you glad this is a brand new day?

anna_66
05-24-2002, 06:53 AM
Well, how are you feeling today Ann? Better? With the time difference, have you already taken your tests yet? If so, everything go ok?

Ann
05-24-2002, 07:14 AM
Yuppers, I've taken them :D

The two tests I took today and yesterday were both for my Swedish classes, and I haven't gotten the results from them yet so I don't know how well I did yet. But I did get the result from the math tests I took last week, and I also got my grade today in math. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd, I got "well approved"! I know most people will be like "Well approved? What does that mean?", so I'll attempt to explain! We have four different grades here in Sweden (from worst to best); "not approved", "approved", "well approved" and "very well approved". I used to have just "approved", but the teached told me I was best in class on the math tests so I was the only kid in class who got a higher grade than "approved"! I was soooooooo happy!! I biked home in the pouring rain singing "I'm singing in the rain" and so on LOL :)

Now I'll have to wait til Thursday next week until getting to know what my Swedish grade is... Those two classes were the only ones I was taking so I thankfully have nothing else to worry about. It sucks though, cause one of the Swedish tests was to write an essay, and usually I am a really good writer and will get so into my stories that my essays will be 20 pages long, but yesterday it only came out to 2 pages because the subject that I was forced to write under didn't interest me at all! You should be able to pick a subject yourself I think...

Anyways, my teeth is feeling pretty good and today me and my family are going in to a mall so I can buy some new shoes.

Thanks for everyones sweet comments and for asking how my tests went! :)

anna_66
05-24-2002, 07:17 AM
Great Ann!! I'm glad to hear you did so well under all that pressure! How smart you must be:D
Have a wonderful day shoe shopping!
Anna

Ann
05-24-2002, 07:30 AM
Smart? Hardly, but thanks for saying so :D

anna_66
05-24-2002, 07:42 AM
http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/turb/normal.gif
Whatever! And your welcome!

Randi
05-24-2002, 07:48 AM
Congratulations on your good result!! Glad your're feeling better concerning getting your tooth out. Give us a big smile! :D :D :D

Ps. What I hated the most about having my tooth out was the cotton ball in the hole afterwards!

Ann
05-24-2002, 08:02 AM
LOL Anna, that was a funny smiley!

And thank you too Randi :) The cotton ball is so nasty too, it gets all mushy and yucky!

lynnestankard
05-24-2002, 08:05 AM
Ann - just have a great time shopping!! :D :D

Lynne

Ann
05-24-2002, 08:15 AM
Thank you, I will :)

Gio
05-24-2002, 09:52 AM
Glad you're feeling better and good news about your grades! Perhaps you could teach me some math I'm a complete disaster! :D

Ann
05-24-2002, 02:53 PM
I wish Gio!! I am currently trying to learn the Pythagora rule and boy I am so clueless most of the time! >_<

tatsxxx11
05-24-2002, 04:08 PM
So glad your day at the dentist went better than you thought! Sometimes the anticipation is the worst!!!! Good job on your test! Of course you are a very intelligent, creative young woman! Now go have fun doing something really important....shopping!:D Get well hugs to Ann!!