PDA

View Full Version : Problem with neighbor's kid..

yumyum6970
05-22-2002, 07:04 AM
Hi guys! I've tried everything on this situation so I need some advice on what to do. :(

My husband has an old sunbeam car and it has a cover on it. Well, our other neighbor's cat had kittens and she moved them inside the car on the floorboard. Well our other neighbor's daughter who is probably about ten or so likes to get the kittens out of the car and play with them. I have told the little girl's father that she shouldn't be around the car incase something happens and she is hurt. I told him we wouldn't be responsible if something happens. The car is at the stage my husband calls a rust bucket. I also don't think the moma cat wants the little girl to play with the kittens because I saw the moma cat moving them back to the car after the little girl had played with them.

So here is my story what else can I do??? :confused: :confused:

Btw..the kitties are sooo cute!!! There are two calicos, two orange kitties, and a black one. :) All have blue eyes!!

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

05-22-2002, 07:46 AM
hi !!!
I sure would try to explain this again to your neighbour !!
try to be gentle but firm !!
say you love those kittens too , but that you do not like to have their little girl near that car again ...... just say it is because of the state that car is in .... ! Of course we all know that this in no good to the kittens and their mummy too !
no harm in trying , right !!!!!

sasvermont
05-22-2002, 07:46 AM
I would lock the car somehow, either by covering it better so that the little girl can't uncover it...... but the cat can still get in/out.

Did I get this story right?

Check your homeowner's insurance too.....to make sure you are covered!

Yikes. Gotta get that little girl on her own property!

Good luck!:eek:

purrley
05-22-2002, 08:40 AM
My suggestion is to move the kittens and Mama into the garage or somewhere else and move the car to the junk yard. Then get Mama cat spayed and find homes for the babies.

dragonchilde
05-22-2002, 08:56 AM
You definitely need to get the kittens moved. I don't know how the laws are where you are, but here, if anyone is hurt on your property, you are responsible whether or not they had your permission to be there.

Not only that, but I'm sure you don't want the little girl to be hurt in the first place. Move the babies (not far, and make sure the mommy knows you're doing so. If a cat can't find her kittens for a certain period of time, she loses her mothering instinct) and seal off the car. You might need some repellent to keep her from moving back into the car again. She'll probably move the babies, but as long as they aren't in that awful car, you should be okay.

yumyum6970
05-22-2002, 10:09 AM
Thanks guys..I will try. But it is hard when you are renting a duplex and the neighbor that is attached to you has the little girl. Maybe we should try talking to the owner of the cats as well since he is back from active duty. Have a great week!!!

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner