PDA

View Full Version : Nighttime ritual

orangemm
08-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Every night, after I finish the dishes, Archy knows that I'll be going into the bedroom. He will wait patiently in the dining room, then look at me expectantly and start trilling. He'll run a little ways into the great room and look back to see if I'm following him.

He'll run down the hall, trilling (that prrrt sound) all the way, still checking that I'm following. When we get to the bedroom, he'll hop on the bed, flop down and roll over for belly rubs and lots of loving.

This is EVERY NIGHT. He only does it with me, not my husband. It just brings such a smile to my face and makes me feel very special. I tell him that he is my special little boy and that I love him very much. :)

I wouldn't trade any of my boys for all the money in the world.

Anyone else have cats who do anything like this? :confused:

catmandu
08-01-2006, 06:11 PM
When ever I lay down Mr Scrappy was there on my chest purring, making biscuits and gently nuzzling my neck.
I used to pet him, and when I had to do something else, and he would wait for me to return.
Once in a while I would be a little impatient, now I realize how much he loved me.
And do I ever miss Mr Scrappy running down the hall, and gently nuzzling me.
One Fine Day, he will do that nuzzling again and I will never stop him, ever again.

momcat
08-01-2006, 07:39 PM
That is so sweet!!! Everyday when I come in from work Groucho is sitting at the door. As soon as I come in, he goes on his back for his "I'm so happy to see you, I missed you all day" tummy rub from me. By the time I get to the sofa, he's already meowing like crazy. Then I say "Come up here and tell me all about it". Groucho snuggles right up, starts purring and, more often than not, falls sound asleep. I love it!!!

CultureJunky
08-02-2006, 06:42 AM
Sunny has a ritual like that. When Kevin my boyfriend comes home from work, no matter where she is, if she's on the front windowsill asleep she jumps down and meets him when he comes through the door, if she's upstairs she comes down to the bottom step to meet him. Then when he goes upstairs to change his clothes she follows him, tells him all about her day with lots of meows, and rolls straight over on the bed and shows him her belly for some nice belly rubs and cuddles. She does it every day nearly, unless she's out, but that's not that often.
She also sleeps on our bedroom windowsill and when the alarm goes off at 7.30am she jumps onto the bed and gets on him and headbutts and kisses until he gets up, then off downstairs with him she goes. She sticks her nose right in his ear and purrs really loud, that always makes him laugh! it tickles and you can hear her purr and it sounds like a pig, all snuffly , lol.

KitCat
08-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Cocoa Kitty knows what I mean when I say, "Time to go sleepy!"
Sometimes he has to patrol the house before bed, but often he'll hop into bed and wait for me to brush my teeth.
He sleeps with me every night, cuddling up next to me. If I lay on my side and say, "belly cat" he curls up next to my belly and it is wonderfully relaxing.
Lately he has curled up against my lower back when I'm on my side and it's lovely.

Randy_K
08-02-2006, 03:39 PM
My mom's cat, Pookie, nips at her leg when it's bedtime. When it obvious that he's achieved his goal, he waits patiently in the bedroom doorway for her to settle into bed. Then he snuggles into her arms. He sleeps on her lap during the daytime but won't go to bed without her. Strange little guy.