PDA

View Full Version : Which of these two pets should I get...

charmie
08-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi!

I am interested in getting a goldfish or a hermit crab! Which do you recomend for me? Please explain your answer, thanks! :D

Thanks!

Zippy
08-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Here is some info on both:

Goldfish will need a 55 gallon tank in no time.They can live 20 plus years.The oldest i have heard is 42 years.

Hermit Crabs should be keep in twos they are very social.They need misting with a water bottle every day(i think).They need a heat lamp and drink water form a sponge.Hermies need a very mosit housing.They molt and are very fragile at this time.
www.hermit-crabs.com

(great website)

Roxyluvsme13
08-01-2006, 02:30 PM
If you don't have the requirements for either of the above selected, why not get a betta? They make great pets.

charmie
08-01-2006, 03:07 PM
I'd like abetta, but how long do they live?

Roxyluvsme13
08-01-2006, 03:21 PM
If you take good care of them some live up to 5 years.

Argranade
08-01-2006, 03:57 PM
I would choose a goldfish they can have so much character and they can live a long life too.

My sister had hermet crabs and is selling them because she says they are one of the most boring things [For her anyway].

I would not get Hermet crab one either I rather have 1 or 2 nice goldfish In a tank.

Flatcoatluver
08-01-2006, 04:18 PM
I personally like bettas over goldfish. My bettas are in a 5 gallon tank each and are so gorgeus. My goldfish is in a 20 gallon tank ALONE, which is way to small, in my opion. He will be transferrend into a pond, in a couple months. Good luck, whatever you choose make sure you do a lot more reserch.

Chilli
08-01-2006, 05:19 PM
It really depends on how much money you're willing to spend and what you're looking for in a pet.
Do you have enough money to pay for meds if this animal gets sick? And have enough money to give it a proper habitat that suits whatever you choose?
It sorta sounds like you're looking for something thats pretty to watch, but doesn't need loads of attention. Correct me if I'm wrong.
We're all here to help! :D

cocker_luva
08-04-2006, 06:12 PM
id get a hermit crab. i used to have tons as a kid, i remember the most at one time was 7.