PDA

View Full Version : Oliver going to the vet...

emily_the_spoiled
08-01-2006, 12:59 PM
I know that most people here don't realize that I got another cat (Oliver) about 2 months ago. (Yes I know I am really bad about pictures :rolleyes: )

But it seems that Oliver is having some problems. On Sunday night I was in the office working and he joined me to use the litter box. Well he had bright red blood on his tail when he came out of the litter box...I quickly "grabbed" his sample and it was squishy (like a tootsie roll left in the sun). The problem was I couldn't get to the vet until this afternoon.

So Oliver is going to be checked out this afternoon at 5:30PM EST. Please keep your fingers and paws crossed that it is nothing serious...

jenluckenbach
08-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Prayers for Oliver. Hope you are ok.

Donnaj4962
08-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Oh my... I hope everything is okay! Lots of prayers coming your way from Indiana. Please let us know what the white coats have to say.

catmandu
08-01-2006, 05:01 PM
We too are saying prayers that Oliver is well, and that its nothing that the White Coats cannot handle.
Oliver sounds like a wonderful Kitten.

orangemm
08-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Oliver, i hope you get well soon! Good boy for showing meowmie that you weren't feeling well.

emily_the_spoiled
08-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Well it turns out that white coats think Oliver may have pancreatitis, so we are now on Clavumox for 10 days. Oliver managed to charm everyone in the office (until they had to take blood :rolleyes: ).

But the day got even worse after that. On our way back from the vet's office (a total of less then 2 miles), we were in a car accident. Right now my trunk is non-existent because it is now part of the back seat. The worst part is that I did not have Oliver buckled in with his carrier and the carrier tumbled out of the front seat onto the floor. From now on the carrier will be buckled even for a short ride! He seems to not have suffered any injuries but I will keep an eye on him over the next couple of days for signs of anything. Of course the first thing I do is check his injuries before my own (true cat person). But everyone involved walked away from the accident, which is fortunate because the other car is totalled.

jenluckenbach
08-02-2006, 06:04 AM
Hope Oliver feels better soon!

Sorry about the accident. Sounds very scary. Glad everyone is OK.