PDA

View Full Version : Update on "potter"

caseysmom
08-01-2006, 12:39 PM
I posted in general that my brother died and I have taken in his kitty.

I found out HIS name, its potter. His pup was harry and the kitty is potter. For some reason I don't care for potter and he doesn't come to the name may change...I know that sounds terrible.

On to his health, my niece said he is a male with undeveloped genetalia...his vet had to sedate him and shave him to figure this out. I will call my brothers best friend today to find out which vet since he had apparantly recommened them.

I will stick with the same vet since they have his history, at least for now. He does have eye discharge that I want looked at, my niece said he has always had this but it should be looked at.

This boy can mash potatoes...every night I wake up in the middle of the night to him mashing potatoes on my neck and it is hard...he is too funny. He also wraps his arms around your neck and just holds on.

shais_mom
08-01-2006, 01:17 PM
he sounds sooo sweet!
Good luck with the vet when things get settled for you -
Maybe a new name change to Tater or Tate? ;)

caseysmom
08-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Thank you he is very sweet. His food was in a big plastic container..I don't even know what brand it is...hopefully my niece will know, or maybe I should put him slowly on something good, it was probably a cheap brand.

jenluckenbach
08-01-2006, 02:52 PM
He sounds so sweet. I am glad you are taking care of him, so many families just dismiss the pets of their deceased relatives.

Donnaj4962
08-01-2006, 03:40 PM
I am so sorry to hear that your brother passed away. I know this is late (I was out of town), but I wanted to send you my sympathies.

How wonderful that you have been able to take in your brother's cat and his daughter! I am sure they will both flourish in a loving home again!

catnapper
08-01-2006, 03:53 PM
He sounds like a wonderful boy, and I agree his name is just awful! He deserves an austere name for being such a handsome guy. I also agree a vet should check him out, despite the fact that he's always had eye goop.

caseysmom
08-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Kim, I am glad I am not the only one that doesn't like that name!

Okay help with names please.

I just realized he looks a lot like Lute's Zazou.

orangemm
08-01-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm so sorry about your brother. :(

Yes, I agree about the name, too. He sounds like a sweetie, putting his paws around your neck. I wish mine would do that...

caseysmom
08-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Here is a picture in case you don't get to general...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/spumoni/newkitty006.jpg

catmandu
08-01-2006, 04:50 PM
To a Cat a name is immaterial.
Its the love that you have in your heart for him.
He looks like a Chester to me!
Or George , thats a nice name.
Bless you for taking that lovable Cat into your home.
When you go to a Petco try some sample packs of premium foods and see which one your new friend likes the most.

caseysmom
08-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Gary, You are so right about the name. My daughters really want a nice name. My daughters best friends mom is not an animal person really and she called to tell my when she dropped my daughter off she saw him and she said that is the most amazing cat. Everyone loves him he is such a sweetie.

Sevaede
08-01-2006, 11:40 PM
How about Bucky after the Get Fuzzy kitty? :D

caseysmom
08-02-2006, 03:41 PM
I tracked down "potter's" vet. I called and she said no we have no potter for that family, I said do you have any cats for that family. She said we have a medium sized black and white named penelope. I said when was she brought it, she said she was brought in Nov 2002 and is a male.

So apparantly they took her in as a female and found out she was a male and had her altered but never updated his name since they never took him in for updated care. I will talk to my niece to make sure this is the same cat but the timeline and description fit and there are no other cats in the picture that I know of.

So he is overdue on his rabies but he is for sure neutered.

orangemm
08-02-2006, 05:29 PM
He is beautiful! What a gorgeous tuxie!

Catty1
08-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Penman? Geez - can't think of any male names that start with "Pen"....hmm....he is a lovely boy, by any name! :D

caseysmom
08-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Well my niece will be coming Friday, she is at the ministers home with the ministers wife. We decided we probably shouldn't change her kitty's name.