PDA

View Full Version : Ouch... *Prayers, please?*

Roxyluvsme13
08-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Well, I took Roxy outside to pee when my mom got home, but I missed the last few steps, fell off of them, and bent my ankle to the side. Now it's throbbing in severe pain, and I'm shaking and shivering.. If it's not better by tomorrow we're going to the ER/Doctor.. so could I have some prayers it's not too serious? :(

Vette
08-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Awww

hopefully its just a sprain ~hug
oops too used to MSN...LOL

Almita
08-01-2006, 12:08 AM
Awwww Hg i'm sorry i hope its just a sprain and you'll be ok. ~hug!!

haha oops its not msn this thing. but yea i hope you feel better Bri.

K9karen
08-01-2006, 12:32 AM
:eek: Geesh, I hope it's not too serious. Feel better fast.

Dorothy39
08-01-2006, 04:52 AM
Certainly. I hope you did not "break" anything! Ouch!!!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
08-01-2006, 08:15 AM
That sounds nasty - how is your "paw"

Pawsitive Thinking
08-01-2006, 08:16 AM
That sounds nasty - how is your "paw"?

elizabethann
08-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Ouch. Did you elevate it and put ice on it?

Zippy
08-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Hope you feel better soon. :(

pitc9
08-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Stay off of it and keep it elevated with ice on it!!

Roxyluvsme13
08-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Yeah. My mom said I moved it in all sorts of positions when I slept. I can move it without bending or anything fine, but when I walk or put pressure on it OUCH. I guess I'm going to have to get an Ace wrap and some crutches so I can stay off of it.

Dorothy39
08-01-2006, 12:22 PM
roxylovesme13,

Dorothy39 "thinks" that you have sprained your ankel!!!

At least, I hope that is all you did!!!

The crutches are a must now!!!! Sorry for this misfortune!!!

Ice, Ice, baby, is , nice, nice , baby!!! :D :D

Oh, I would be going nuts if I were you!!!! I injured my foot a few years ago, went to the Dr, had x-ray taken, "NOTHING"!!! so, I used my father -in-laws old wooden crutches for a few weeks!!! I could not put pressure onto that foot!!!! The sole was black and blue and hurt like the dickens!!!!

I hated being dependent on others !!!!

Please insist that an x-ray is taken of your ankle if this discomfort persists beyond a reasonable time frame. You are young, so , time is on your side.

A sprained anke is every bit as horrific as a broken ankle!!!! You have my sympathy!!!! Hey , you can elevate it and log onto Pet Talk!!!!! ;)

Keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!

Roxyluvsme13
08-01-2006, 12:49 PM
roxylovesme13,

Dorothy39 "thinks" that you have sprained your ankel!!!

At least, I hope that is all you did!!!

The crutches are a must now!!!! Sorry for this misfortune!!!

Ice, Ice, baby, is , nice, nice , baby!!! :D :D

Oh, I would be going nuts if I were you!!!! I injured my foot a few years ago, went to the Dr, had x-ray taken, "NOTHING"!!! so, I used my father -in-laws old wooden crutches for a few weeks!!! I could not put pressure onto that foot!!!! The sole was black and blue and hurt like the dickens!!!!

I hated being dependent on others !!!!

Please insist that an x-ray is taken of your ankle if this discomfort persists beyond a reasonable time frame. You are young, so , time is on your side.

A sprained anke is every bit as horrific as a broken ankle!!!! You have my sympathy!!!! Hey , you can elevate it and log onto Pet Talk!!!!! ;)

Keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it's only a sprain, too. Last time it had ice on it, it made it hurt worse.. :/. I hate being dependent on others, too.. and my mom won't get me any crutches because she thinks I'll be okay.. :rolleyes: .

flamepony12
08-01-2006, 12:55 PM
I hope it's only a sprain, too. Last time it had ice on it, it made it hurt worse.. :/. I hate being dependent on others, too.. and my mom won't get me any crutches because she thinks I'll be okay.. :rolleyes: .

Well if you need the crutches, you should be using them. I'd leave that descision to the doctor, not your mom. Hope you feel better soon!

Dorothy39
08-01-2006, 01:02 PM
No crutches? No problem !! Do not, I repeat, do not put pressure onto that ankle !!!!! Hop if you must. The ice pack can be used for about 10 to 20 minutes at a time. Keep that leg elevated. Take an anti-inflammatory medication , for the swelling. (inflammation) Are you currently taking any over the counter pain medicatioN? You will be alright!!!! If this is a sprain, time heals all. If this condition persists beyond a week, with no let up. persuade your Mother to seek treatment!!!

Keep us posted Roxyluvsme13!!! So sorryabout your accident!!!

zoomer
08-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Ouch! I can feel your pain. Any news? I'll pray for you...

MajesticCollies
08-01-2006, 01:06 PM
I know what your going through. Hopefully its not black and blue and swelled. If it is, I hate to say this it might be a stress fracture. Stay off of it like everyone else suggests and see a doc!!!

Roxyluvsme13
08-01-2006, 01:43 PM
It's not black or blue, just swollen. My mom's a nurse that's why I'm listening to her. She said I'd need Physical therapy to walk on crutches.. :confused:

Dorothy39
08-01-2006, 02:10 PM
pulled ligiments!!! this conditon will take time to heal. I 'm glad to learn that there is no black and blue on the surface!!!

This seems like a "strain" , again, the treatment, from ther onset of the injury (right after it occured) may have been all you needed in the first place.

I'm not with you right now , so, if you are experiencing a swollen ankle, with no surface discoloration, you may be dealing with a severe muscle strain. Which, still hurts !!!!!

Give this injury time to mend. Keep pressure at a minimum!!!

Stay off that ankle as much as possible. Sorry you have had this accident!!

Roxyluvsme13
08-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Here's some pics of my swollen ankle, and my normal one.
As you can see, the swollen one has a huge mass area.. I might be going to the ER in a little bit..
You can really tell which ankle is which. Any ideas on if it's broken, fractured, or just sprained?

lv4dogs
08-01-2006, 02:35 PM
I am no Dr but I would say it's most likely a sprain but could possibly be a fracture. Broken bones usually produce way more black & blue & way more swelling than that, especially considering the amount of time that has passed & the location.
I hope it's nothing serious & it heals fast!

Roxyluvsme13
08-01-2006, 02:57 PM
I think we're going to the Emergency Room shortly.. I'll give an update when I come home :).

Nevermind.. :rolleyes:. Apparently my mom doesn't care that I'm in pain.. :(

heinz57_79
08-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Ack! Take it from someone who knows... go to the doctor!! When I was in high school I was coming down stairs in the morning and missed the last step on to the landing. My foot twisted under and I heard a distinct *CRACK*. I told my dad I'd hurt myself, and he insisted that I was going to be fine, never mind that my foot was swelling up like a beach ball! He made me walk to school, and going to my first 3 classes were NOT fun since they were all at opposite ends of campus. Eventually, after almost passing out I went to the school nurse who said I should "probably have it x-rayed." DUH!! :rolleyes: So she called my dad in his office (yes, he worked at my school) and he drove me to the hospital. I ended up having an "oblique fracture of the 5th metatarsal" or a fractured little toe... And I wound up with a cast up to my knee to keep it immobilised.... for 9 weeks!! Trust me... you need to go get it looked at. It may just be a sprain, but if it's something worse you need to ensure that it gets treated and set right and taken care of properly or it may not heal correctly.

Good luck and keep pestering to go to the ER! :D

Roxyluvsme13
08-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Ack! Take it from someone who knows... go to the doctor!! When I was in high school I was coming down stairs in the morning and missed the last step on to the landing. My foot twisted under and I heard a distinct *CRACK*. I told my dad I'd hurt myself, and he insisted that I was going to be fine, never mind that my foot was swelling up like a beach ball! He made me walk to school, and going to my first 3 classes were NOT fun since they were all at opposite ends of campus. Eventually, after almost passing out I went to the school nurse who said I should "probably have it x-rayed." DUH!! :rolleyes: So she called my dad in his office (yes, he worked at my school) and he drove me to the hospital. I ended up having an "oblique fracture of the 5th metatarsal" or a fractured little toe... And I wound up with a cast up to my knee to keep it immobilised.... for 9 weeks!! Trust me... you need to go get it looked at. It may just be a sprain, but if it's something worse you need to ensure that it gets treated and set right and taken care of properly or it may not heal correctly.

Good luck and keep pestering to go to the ER! :D

Ouch.. She just says she can't afford the ER bill though.. because it'd be around $1000 +.. but she'd like to take me, yet she won't.. =/

k9krazee
08-01-2006, 04:10 PM
It sounds like its sprained. I'd take the advice that others gave you...elevate your leg, and stay off of it. Hope you feel better soon!

GreyhoundGirl
08-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Get well soon- from all the pets ( and people ) at PT !!!

Husky_mom
08-01-2006, 04:18 PM
about like 4-5 months ago same happened to me just that my heel got stuck in a hole in the sidewalk and i literally stepped with ankle from the side, really fully stepped and it HURT so bad, never got swollen or so i thought cause i had long boots which i didnt took off for support, nothing broken, just a "strain" it just hurt sometimes when too much pressure........adn as of now it still hurts but more like "its about to crack but doesnt" (like when you crack your fingers or neck) and its really unpleasant, at times i couldnt barely bend my ankle, now i can but it feels like resented......still.......

take care Bri, adn dont push it it may be a long painful frustrating recovery, but wishing you to heal fast and good, if you feel pain let your mom now and if she doesnt seem to care let her know harder.....

Roxyluvsme13
08-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Thanks, guys. I really wish my mom would take me to the ER.. I just about fell over walking from our living room to the computer. :( But everytime I ask her she makes me feel guilty.

mustlovedogs
08-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Oh no, that sounds awful! I hope everything turns out OK. Keep it elevated and put lots of ice, or even frozen bags of peas or corn on it. Please keep us posted, I hope everything is ok!

heinz57_79
08-01-2006, 05:29 PM
You never have to pay up-front for ER bills. They'll just send one to you, and you can even just make payments of $10 a month on it. I had to do that once. Your wellbeing is more important!

Roxyluvsme13
08-01-2006, 06:04 PM
You never have to pay up-front for ER bills. They'll just send one to you, and you can even just make payments of $10 a month on it. I had to do that once. Your wellbeing is more important!
I could even pay that. But everytime I say something she says: "Oh, I'll take you and spend the rest of my life in debt up to my eyeballs... :rolleyes:" It really makes me feel guilty..

Husky_mom
08-01-2006, 08:25 PM
it sounds really bad, but as you said your mom´s a nurse so maybe she know a bit more but still you are in pain girl!!! even if she thought ER is too much she should provide something to make you feel better not guilty for feeling pain whatsoever................she´s your MOM!!

dont take me wrong but to us moms kids well being is a PRIORITY...........

i really hope eveything gets better, hugs Bri!! you are in my thoughts......

lv4dogs
08-02-2006, 08:58 AM
How are you feeling today?

Would it be possible for her to take you to your regular doctor & not the ER? The bill would be a lot cheaper.

Can she get medicaid or something for you from social services? I would think she would elidgable for it.

Hope you feel better soon.

Roxyluvsme13
08-02-2006, 03:32 PM
No idea, but my ankle is feeling much better today.